PDA

View Full Version : OU. Vs. Texas

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 01:39 PM
Feels good to hear some insuring words from Edward the BCS expert. If we beat Oklahoma State and the votes stay the same, OU will be in, and its basically mathematically impossible for Texas to have a chance in the BCS. He also said Oklahoma would only receive more human votes if they beat the pokes.

Now, if Florida loses things get very interesting. Then Texas has a chance at winning the tie. However, if Florida loses to Florida State, then beats Alabama in the SEC championship game. Edwards said it would be a lock, that Oklahoma and Texas will have a rematch.

I'd rather just take the big 12 ship and let Florida win over FSU, just to be safe.

OUHOMER
11/25/2008, 01:43 PM
Feels good to hear some insuring words from Edward the BCS expert. If we beat Oklahoma State and the votes stay the same, OU will be in, and its basically mathematically impossible for Texas to have a chance in the BCS. He also said Oklahoma would only receive more human votes if they beat the pokes.

Now, if Florida loses things get very interesting. Then Texas has a chance at winning the tie. However, if Florida loses to Florida State, then beats Alabama in the SEC championship game. Edwards said it would be a lock, that Oklahoma and Texas will have a rematch.

I'd rather just take the big 12 ship and let Florida win over FSU, just to be safe.

umm,
As a Big 12 fan, it would be nice to both teams in the big game.
as a sooner fan, **** texas:eek:

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 01:50 PM
Agree

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 01:52 PM
If OU UT played it would get more hype then any other championship. 1 and 2 in the Heisman most likely.

Jacie
11/25/2008, 01:53 PM
umm,
As a Big 12 fan, it would be nice to both teams in the big game.
as a sooner fan, **** texas:eek:

Would the Texas fans at that game be holding up signs with the score from an earlier game displayed on it to remind whoever that they won a game back in October?

OKLA21FAN
11/25/2008, 01:55 PM
another thread? :gary:

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2008, 01:58 PM
OU and Florida would get just as much hype as OU/Tex and would also have 2 of the top Heisman finishers. Rematches suck and human voters might dig deep to jump USC over UT just to avoid it and that would really suck.

noobalicious
11/25/2008, 01:58 PM
Who's this edward and do you have a linky?

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 02:00 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=23782

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 02:01 PM
Nolan ( Dallas,Tx ): If Oklahoma barely beats OSU will they still catch the Longhorns in the BCS

SportsNation Brad Edwards: That win alone will be enough to help Oklahoma make up the remainder of the deficit to Texas in the BCS because of what it will do for the Sooners in the computers. The only chance Texas has to win the 3-way tie is to sway some voters back to their side. Another big win by Oklahoma might make that more difficult, but I don't think OU would be penalized in any way for a close victory in Stillwater.

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 02:02 PM
Alex (Dallas, TX): If Florida loses to FSU and then beats Bama for the SEC championship, is it possible to have a national championship game between two big 12 schools or would you see a one loss Bama/USC/PSU or a 2 loss Florida still making it?

SportsNation Brad Edwards: If Oklahoma and Texas win out, and this scenario takes place, I think we get an OU-Texas rematch for the BCS title.

IronHorseSooner
11/25/2008, 02:08 PM
Living in FLA, and having to watch both teams every week, NO WAY DOES FSU BEAT THE GATORS!!!! FSU has a good kicker, but that is it! Now, what would be interesting is if 'Bama lost. That could conceivable put us at #1.

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 02:13 PM
FSU will make it at least a close game till half time.

TexasLidig8r
11/25/2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dByOa-Pt5nM&feature=related

Come on Blue Hair State aggy..

Beat the Gators!

TAFBSooner
11/25/2008, 04:12 PM
OU and Florida would get just as much hype as OU/Tex and would also have 2 of the top Heisman finishers. Rematches suck and human voters might dig deep to jump USC over UT just to avoid it and that would really suck.

If Bama and Florida both lose, and OU and texas win out, then OU will be in Miami Jan 8, most likely against :texan: . Plan B is that we might play USC instead?!

What's the downside (besides the six words starting with "If" :rolleyes: )?

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 04:15 PM
No way we play USC, they wont win their conference just like texas wont.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2008, 04:50 PM
If Bama and Florida both lose, and OU and texas win out, then OU will be in Miami Jan 8, most likely against :texan: . Plan B is that we might play USC instead?!

What's the downside (besides the six words starting with "If" :rolleyes: )?

If OU wins out, I'll be happy. I just happen to have interest in teams other than OU and I think a Big12/SEC final is the best case scenario. USC hoisting the crsytal is the worst case. Just my personal bias.

StoopTroup
11/25/2008, 04:56 PM
Rematches suck and human voters might dig deep to jump USC over UT just to avoid it and that would really suck.

On the other hand...if rematches suck...why are so many folks deadset on having a playoff system? Wouldn't that possibly create a rematch between OU and texas too?

I say...if it happens...it happens.

I also would have to say...that taking the National Championship from the whorns would be sweeter than any RRSO.