PDA

View Full Version : One of the great things about Texas

8timechamps
11/25/2008, 10:58 AM
I was thinking (for those of you that don't know me, that doesn't happen much), and one of the great things about Texas fans this weekend is that they have to pull for us to win.

That's great! As much as they hate us, and are pissed because they know what's probably going to happen in the polls when we win, they have to pull for us to win. Otherwise, they know they have NO shot at the Big XII south championship game.

If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd rather us lose than hope for a Texas win.

Things have really gotten good...

fresnodog
11/25/2008, 11:36 AM
You would rather Texas lose than win the MNC? Are you serious?

8timechamps
11/25/2008, 12:03 PM
You would rather Texas lose than win the MNC? Are you serious?

I didn't say that.

TexasLidig8r
11/25/2008, 12:13 PM
uh no.

You hillbillies lose to aggy hillbillies, Tech plays Misery and goes to the Fiesta Bowl... you go to the Cotton Bowl to play Ole Miss.

We play against Florida for the MNC.

8timechamps
11/25/2008, 12:16 PM
uh no.

You hillbillies lose to aggy hillbillies, Tech plays Misery and goes to the Fiesta Bowl... you go to the Cotton Bowl to play Ole Miss.

Riiiight.

You're not going to the Big XII championship or the BCS title game. Sucks for poor Texas.

triplet
11/25/2008, 12:49 PM
uh no.

Once this happens then Texas starts making the argument about being the higher ranked bcs team and that the head to head does not matter etc....If it wasn't OU playing for the chance to go to the conference championship I might root for this for no other reason than to watch the longhorn fans reverse course on their argument all within 2 weeks no less.

Alas, for this argument to come to fruition longhorn fan must hope that OSU beats OU and the chances are slim, although not out of the realm of possibility.

RedstickSooner
11/25/2008, 12:57 PM
If Texas loses the Big-12 south outright (as opposed to being "cheated" by the "system" and "left out" even though they won head-to-head) then every pollster, coach, talking head, etc. in the country is going to dogpile on how unworthy they are to play in the championship.

Not to mention bring up how the Big 12 keeps sending conference losers to the Big Dance, and how unfair that is.

Who knows how far they'll punish Tejas in the polls -- and whether it'll be enough to get, say, Utah into the championship game.

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 12:59 PM
I think if we lose to Poke State, Texas goes to the national Title game.

cheezyq
11/25/2008, 01:30 PM

Nope, it didn't happen last year with Georgia...chances are it won't happen this year. It will probably be Penn State or USC, unfortunately. But that depends on whether Oregon State beats Oregon.

Jacie
11/25/2008, 01:34 PM
Nope, it didn't happen last year with Georgia...chances are it won't happen this year. It will probably be Penn State or USC, unfortunately. But that depends on whether Oregon State beats Oregon.

I wonder what sign the Texas fans would come up with to protest that scenario?

sooner2b09
11/25/2008, 01:36 PM
My cousins are up from texas and are hating that they have to pull for us. But they know they have to haha

stoopified
11/25/2008, 01:45 PM
If OU wins or lose v. T.BS UT still LOSES,I kove it.

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 01:56 PM

It's totally different with Texas this year. USC and Penn State have no chance to get in over number 2 Texas.

TAFBSooner
11/25/2008, 04:01 PM
Whatever happens to :texan: <<< OUr shot at championships.

That applies to every other team as well, except perhaps whichever misguided institution is currently paying too much money to Lester Miles.

8timechamps
11/25/2008, 05:44 PM

No, in fact, if we lose and Tech wins, Tech goes...since it'd be a head to head tiebreaker with Texas and Tech. We have to win for Texas to have a chance.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2008, 06:18 PM
No, in fact, if we lose and Tech wins, Tech goes...since it'd be a head to head tiebreaker with Texas and Tech. We have to win for Texas to have a chance.

I think the claim here is that Texas would go to the title game w/o playing in the CCG. I think that could happen but is not a certainty. That assumes that Tech could not jump back up by beating Mizzou and that USC could not leap frog UT by virtue of being conference champ (or co-champ). Voters and especially the coaches can swing a lot on the last ballot.

I say we kick Boone state and squash that scenario.

colleyvillesooner
11/25/2008, 06:24 PM
Wat's funny is if we lost, then Texas would want to forget all this head to head they've been spouting if they are trying to get in before Tech.

That would be ****ing classic...Tech with one loss, and Texas with one loss. Tech owns head to head. Texas would have nothing to stand on. Beating OU? big deal no 3 way tie. beating Mizzou, Tech did that too. and OSU.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2008, 06:46 PM
Er, Tech didn't play Mizzou this year, but that's not important now. :)

Ardmore_Sooner
11/25/2008, 06:56 PM
Er, Tech didn't play Mizzou this year, but that's not important now. :)

He's talking about the CCG.

NCAAISAJOKE
11/25/2008, 07:00 PM
uh no.

Lid that is where all this crying will bite you in the ***!!! No way if TT goes and wins the big12 can Texas stay ahead of TT. The coaches wont let that happen.

cherrylimeade
11/25/2008, 08:01 PM
.....is Austin!

chad
11/25/2008, 10:43 PM
Riiiight.

You're not going to the Big XII championship or the BCS title game. Sucks for poor Texas.
you honestly think that?

and I though OSU fans were delusional.

Why would voters allow texas go to the MNC game when Tech beat you guys, and won the conference?
Right there are two strikes against texas, and two bonus points for Tech. Add in they get the bonus game to boost strength of schedule, and a week of extra lobbying.

There would be a **** storm if that actually happened. The BCS would be even more of a joke.

8timechamps
11/25/2008, 10:47 PM
you honestly think that?

and I though OSU fans were delusional.

Why would voters allow texas go to the MNC game when Tech beat you guys, and won the conference?
Right there are two strikes against texas, and two bonus points for Tech. Add in they get the bonus game to boost strength of schedule, and a week of extra lobbying.

There would be a **** storm if that actually happened. The BCS would be even more of a joke.

I am assuming you were trying to quote Lid and not me.

aero
11/26/2008, 12:03 AM
What texas really needs is a Baylor win over Tech. Not likely but Baylor's not that bad. Now if we were to lose (heresy!), and Tech was to lose to Mizz in the CCG, would texas go to the MNC? USC? Boise? Utah? For that matter, if Tech won the CCG, would another team go over them? It would be hard for texas to make a case after their "head-to-head" campaign. I'd guess USC.