PDA

View Full Version : Gundy on Switzer

SoonerBacker
11/25/2008, 07:27 AM
I was watching Channel 4 News this morning. They had a bit about an upcoming story on the Pukes' new football facilities. They say even Switzer is impressed with what is happening in Stoolwater. then, Gundy comes on and says, "I think he's becoming a little more honest in his old age."

What a jackass! Switzer compliments their program and Gundy gets a dig in on The King? Typical aggie-lite!

Crimson Kid
11/25/2008, 09:23 AM
You know aggies suck right?

boomermagic
11/25/2008, 09:32 AM
That SOB will never be the coach Barry was... He is a Turd !

XingTheRubicon
11/25/2008, 09:37 AM
Perhaps,...he was just being humorous.

BigRedJed
11/25/2008, 09:43 AM
Since when has a lack of honesty ever been a problem for Barry Switzer?

boomermagic
11/25/2008, 09:45 AM
Since when has a lack of honesty ever been a problem for Barry Switzer?

If anything Barry has always been too honest.. It has gotten him in trouble a time or two...

BigRedJed
11/25/2008, 09:47 AM
My point exactly.

OSUFAN11
11/25/2008, 09:50 AM
Gundy was just being sarcastic. He seems to always get in some kind of humorous/sarcastic remark when talking with the media....except for one time(rant rant rant). Heck in his press conference yesterday, he recommended that Bradford comes out early for the draft while he has the opportunity.

BigRedJed
11/25/2008, 09:56 AM
Gundy was just being a spiky-headed, hair-gel-infused, sheep-banging tool who is going to get assraped in a half-empty, over-built stadium on Saturday...
Wow. I actually agree with you.

OSUFAN11
11/25/2008, 09:58 AM
So you are saying that there will only be 30,000 in attendance?

BigRedJed
11/25/2008, 10:00 AM
Well, half-empty might have been stretching it a bit. I don't have the same honesty problem that Switzer has.

OSUFAN11
11/25/2008, 10:01 AM
My guess is around 52, 000, which will look and sound full. The only problem with that is I am assuming there will be about 10,000 OU fans. LOL!

stoopified
11/25/2008, 10:21 AM
My guess is around 52, 000, which will look and sound full. The only problem with that is I am assuming there will be about 10,000 OU fans. LOL!It might sound full in the first quarter but after that all you will hear is 5-10,000 screaming OU fans and 20,000 crying T.BS fans (the others will have fled to the bars by then whining about cheatin' Gooners).

BigRedJed
11/25/2008, 10:23 AM
You guys had a nice run this year, but I'd like to point out that fans of a real football program don't hope that their stadium will "look and sound full." Especially when their team has been highly ranked all year, played crazy, exciting football, and is hosting the number 2 team in the nation, their most despised rival. They also don't let 10,000 opposing fans into their house, which would be 20,000 if it weren't for the wonky ticket dealio.

Sorry about the reality check.

OSUFAN11
11/25/2008, 10:33 AM
You guys had a nice run this year, but I'd like to point out that fans of a real football program don't hope that their stadium will "look and sound full." Especially when their team has been highly ranked all year, played crazy, exciting football, and is hosting the number 2 team in the nation, their most despised rival. They also don't let 10,000 opposing fans into their house, which would be 20,000 if it weren't for the wonky ticket dealio.

Sorry about the reality check.

well, if it wasn't for the "wonky ticket dealio" we wouldn't be hoping for our stadium to "look and sound full" because it would be sold out. I don't really agree with what Holder did but OSU did sell more season tickets so I guess his idea has worked....somewhat.

OSUFAN11
11/25/2008, 10:37 AM
It might sound full in the first quarter but after that all you will hear is 5-10,000 screaming OU fans and 20,000 crying T.BS fans (the others will have fled to the bars by then whining about cheatin' Gooners).

I guess we will find out. I'm not going to sit here and say we are going to win because I don't know that. If this game was played at a neutral site, OU would win but I don't know how this game will play out since it is at Stillwater. You guys have come into Stillwater outmatching us by a lot more than you do this season and the games have still been close. I fully expect a close game and if OSU wins, I will be VERY excited but if we lose, I won't be surprised. Although, if we lose by a lot, I will be surprised and I will tip my hat to you guys.

Widescreen
11/25/2008, 10:37 AM
well, if it wasn't for the "wonky ticket dealio" we wouldn't be hoping for our stadium to "look and sound full" because it would be sold out. I don't really agree with what Holder did but OSU did sell more season tickets so I guess his idea has worked....somewhat.

Who knows? It might be better financially but it sure doesn't help the home team to have all those empty seats.

BigRedJed
11/25/2008, 10:39 AM
well, if it wasn't for the "wonky ticket dealio" we wouldn't be hoping for our stadium to "look and sound full" because it would be sold out. I don't really agree with what Holder did but OSU did sell more season tickets -- to OU fans -- so I guess his idea has worked....somewhat.
Fixed.

Man, the lack of support in Stillwater is so bad that they have to depend on big brother to buy tickets and prop up their program. Truly pathetic.

OSUFAN11
11/25/2008, 10:41 AM
Fixed.

Man, the lack of support in Stillwater is so bad that they have to depend on big brother to buy tickets and prop up their program. Truly pathetic.

I actually find it comical that OU fans bought OSU season tickets. Although, at this point, buying a season ticket in the west end zone is pretty much the same price as buying a ticket from an online site (excluding student tickets).

BigRedJed
11/25/2008, 10:42 AM
I, for one, did not buy season tickets. I agree that it is a bit comical. F that.

bluedogok
11/25/2008, 11:20 AM
I know someone who did get OSU season tickets for the OU game, but he has been doing it for years. Of course they were a "business" expense and he gives away all the rest of the OSU tickets to clients and vendors.

KingBarry
11/25/2008, 02:00 PM
Although, if we lose by a lot, I will be surprised and I will tip my hat to you guys.

Boy, seems like I remember a time when a losing team tipped it's hat to the team that defeated it, no matter how close a game it was.

Oh, but I forget. A close loss to the Sooners IS a victory for the Orange Tards.

Please see my sig!

Taxman71
11/25/2008, 03:27 PM
OU-lOSUr tickets are going for between 200 and 300 on Ebay....why the heck would anyone buy a silo tech season ticket?

OSUFAN11
11/25/2008, 03:46 PM
OU-lOSUr tickets are going for between 200 and 300 on Ebay....why the heck would anyone buy a silo tech season ticket?

A season ticket in the WEZ is $294, which is right around the same price as most people are selling them for.

SoonerBacker
11/25/2008, 05:04 PM
Gundy was just being sarcastic. He seems to always get in some kind of humorous/sarcastic remark when talking with the media....except for one time(rant rant rant). Heck in his press conference yesterday, he recommended that Bradford comes out early for the draft while he has the opportunity.

This was not the time for sarcasm. Someone compliments your program, you thank them and move on. [hairGel] = classless returd

OSUFAN11
11/25/2008, 05:25 PM
This was not the time for sarcasm. Someone compliments your program, you thank them and move on. [hairGel] = classless returd

Need some tissue?

StoopTroup
11/25/2008, 05:26 PM
Quite frankly...

I find it quite dishonest to sell tickets to NCAA Football games that have already been played.

If they have tickets left for this game bundled into Season Ticket Packages....they should destroy them. IMO what they are doing at this point is gouging Fans. I say Fans because at one point in this Season every aggy had a dream that they would be undefeated going into this game and be in a position to make a run on the MNC. I wonder if the same policy would really be in effect in that situation.

Based on the dishonesty and gouging I see going on right now...I'm betting Holder would have caved in and sold those empty seats to every aggy he could find.

They really ought to just fire Holder and find someone that knows how to generate cash flow...you know the kind of cash flow that doesn't have T. Boone Pickens writing a check at a Press Conference kind of cash flow.

Taxman71
11/25/2008, 06:23 PM
A season ticket in the WEZ is $294, which is right around the same price as most people are selling them for.

Lots betters seats going in the $200 range on Ebay. Besides, I would think most OU fans would prefer to give a little extra to another fan (albeit osu fan) than to the OSU athletic department. Plus, it would mean one less osu fan in the house.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/25/2008, 06:41 PM
It pays to know people, I'm getting in for free. Take THAT Mike Holder! :D

olevetonahill
11/25/2008, 07:02 PM
It might sound full in the first quarter but after that all you will hear is 5-10,000 screaming OU fans and 20,000 crying T.BS fans (the others will have fled to the sheep barns by then whining about cheatin' Gooners).

Fixed Bro ;)

SoonerBacker
11/25/2008, 07:02 PM
Need some tissue?

No, I don't need any tissue. But the Pukes need to learn how to handle situations with some class. They are the Big XII's worst when it comes to this. Yes, even worse than Whorns. At least the Whorns have some tradition to base their attitudes on. The Pukes have nothing but some now worthless Big XII Championship wrist bands.

picasso
11/25/2008, 07:57 PM

what'd he say about his hair!?!?!?

OSUFAN11
11/25/2008, 08:23 PM
No, I don't need any tissue. But the Pukes need to learn how to handle situations with some class. They are the Big XII's worst when it comes to this. Yes, even worse than Whorns. At least the Whorns have some tradition to base their attitudes on. The Pukes have nothing but some now worthless Big XII Championship wrist bands.

Have I been cocky on this thread other than that tissue comment? I tend to keep the trash talk away until baseball season. I get into it with some of the people on here quite a bit when baseball season comes around but I will usually limit my trash talk during the football season.

olevetonahill
11/25/2008, 08:26 PM
Have I been cocky on this thread other than that tissue comment? I tend to keep the trash talk away until baseball season. I get into it with some of the people on here quite a bit when baseball season comes around but I will usually limit my trash talk during the football season.

Would that be Cause you CANT talk Football smack :P

OSUFAN11
11/25/2008, 08:27 PM
Would that be Cause you CANT talk Football smack :P
Yes! :mad:

olevetonahill
11/25/2008, 08:29 PM
Yes! :mad:

:D

wishbonesooner
11/25/2008, 08:30 PM
I hope the gameday bunch talks about the empty seats and the scam Holder set up to gouge not only OU fans, but his own as well. They finally get to be on the big stage(albeit not of their own making), and they'll have empty seats for a national audience to see. they are a sad bunch.

SoonerShark
11/25/2008, 09:06 PM
I actually find it comical that OU fans bought OSU season tickets. Although, at this point, buying a season ticket in the west end zone is pretty much the same price as buying a ticket from an online site (excluding student tickets).

It is kind of like throwing a $10.00 bill into a Salvation Army kettle then getting something tangible in return. Charitable, but not really.

In Norman, they don't have empty seats and there is a waiting list for the opportunity to purchase a seat. Further, ties to championship football goes beyond the work of a noble laborer placing bricks into the shape of an interlocking OU when he helped brick the stadium.

SoonerShark
11/25/2008, 09:08 PM
I They finally get to be on the big stage(albeit not of their own making), and they'll have empty seats for a national audience to see. they are a sad bunch.

I never thought about it that way...its an opportunity to stand in our reflective light.

SoonerShark
11/25/2008, 09:28 PM
I know someone who did get OSU season tickets for the OU game, but he has been doing it for years. Of course they were a "business" expense and he gives away all the rest of the OSU tickets to clients and vendors.

I gave Tulsa tickets other than the OU game in Tulsa to Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Green Country and I went to the OU-TU game in 2002 and 2007. I am not being sarcastic here, if I would have been thinking earlier this season when OSU had a full slate of games I would have done the same thing. If I had the money, I would have done it 1,000 times.

Is next year's season ticket in Stillwater priced the same as this year?

Animal Mother
11/25/2008, 10:30 PM
That SOB will never be the coach Barry was... He is a Turd !

File under: Natural grasp of the obvious.