PDA

View Full Version : Don't put the cart before the horse....

Easting
11/24/2008, 10:51 PM
After reading so many of these "we're gonna be in the big game" threads....

Just want to remind everyone that there are two games to play first. I'm sure [hairGel] will be do his best to have his team ready and so will Stinkel.

I hope our team can keep all these 'what if' scenarios out of their minds and focus on beating the crap out of the Cowboys like they did the Red Raiders.

Soonerus
11/24/2008, 10:53 PM
Yes, it will take 3 great games to win it all and any stumble...and it is gone....

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 10:53 PM
Stoops is older than 41, I like our chances :)

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 10:54 PM
#13ish

That's somewhat the idea of the teams we would be playing. Lets start with the pokes.

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 10:57 PM
Not trying to stir the pot, but we, as fans, are afforded the luxury of putting the cart before the horse.

We (to the best of my knowledge) aren't expected to show up in Stillwater and play 4 quarters of football...who cares what we think?

Hell, I already have us in the title game....and winning it!

Now, if I had booked a flight to, and prepaid hotel rooms in Miami, then it would be a prudent statement.

As of right now, I will continue thinking we are going to be playing for it all in January.

Soonerus
11/24/2008, 11:00 PM
Not trying to stir the pot, but we, as fans, are afforded the luxury of putting the cart before the horse.

We (to the best of my knowledge) aren't expected to show up in Stillwater and play 4 quarters of football...who cares what we think?

Hell, I already have us in the title game....and winning it!

Now, if I had booked a flight to, and prepaid hotel rooms in Miami, then it would be a prudent statement.

As of right now, I will continue thinking we are going to be playing for it all in January.

True, I have had us MNC's the past 10 years...

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 11:03 PM
True, I have had us MNC's the past 10 years...

I can't remember all the way back to my first years of loving the Sooners, but I'm pretty sure I've had them in the MNC before the kickoff of the firstgame of the season (and yes, that includes the non-Barry and non-Bob days).

Soonerus
11/24/2008, 11:06 PM
I can't remember all the way back to my first years of loving the Sooners, but I'm pretty sure I've had them in the MNC before the kickoff of the firstgame of the season (and yes, that includes the non-Barry and non-Bob days).

My optimism did not carry over to the Schnelly and Blake years...

Curly Bill
11/24/2008, 11:08 PM
I'm gonna make it my goal to post in all eleventy-billion threads started on the FB board....

...most of which are all just about alike, and most of which have been started by our nOOb brethren.

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 11:12 PM
My optimism did not carry over to the Schnelly and Blake years...

Oh, there were years that we were waaaay out of the running, but as long as there was formula that somehow put us at least in the Orange Bowl, I had us there.

And yes, there were some pretty depressing times for me back then.

Soonerus
11/24/2008, 11:16 PM
I have honestly never been to an OU game, watched one, listened to one or read later about one, that I did not think we would win...even with Blake...

OUMedMan
11/24/2008, 11:57 PM
First of all, the next game is against Okie State.

If the Sooners played Okie State 12 times a year, the Sooners record would be 12-0; the only question would be the margin of victory, which would range between 10 and 40 points a game.

Second, the championship game will be against Missouri.

How many teams have ever had the Sooners ever beat them twice in a year? There is no way, that once again, Misery will even be able to stay on the same field with OU.

That leaves the championship game -- and the only question there is who the Sooners will play. And that doesn't matter -- last Saturday night proved that OU is heads and shoulders above everyone else. It doesn't matter who the Sooners play -- it only matters that the Sooners come to play.

Lott's Bandana
11/25/2008, 12:32 AM
I'm gonna make it my goal to post in all eleventy-billion threads started on the FB board....

...most of which are all just about alike, and most of which have been started by our nOOb brethren.

I found one you ain't in yet.

I'm waiting for you.

Curly Bill
11/25/2008, 12:34 AM
I found one you ain't in yet.

I'm waiting for you.

I got distracted and gave up. :P

Lott's Bandana
11/25/2008, 12:34 AM
I have honestly never been to an OU game, watched one, listened to one or read later about one, that I did not think we would win...even with Blake...

Or even replayed in my head....

What Rus said.

CatfishSooner
11/25/2008, 12:40 AM
Or even replayed in my head....

What Rus said.

"I DREAMED WE WOULD WIN IN MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!1"

Lott's Bandana
11/25/2008, 12:41 AM
"I DREAMED WE WOULD WIN IN MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!1"

Wuz it loud in there too? Did our jumping give ya a headache?

;)

CatfishSooner
11/25/2008, 12:48 AM
Wuz it loud in there too? Did our jumping give ya a headache?

;)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS F'N LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUT A GREAT DREAM (IN MY HEAD)...!!!!Q11111111111111