PDA

View Full Version : Texas Logic, Facebook Style...

kelloggOUballa
11/24/2008, 09:34 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=47933394560&ref=nf

The Austin paper has already mentioned this group in a blog. What a joke!

Texas Sucks like a shop-vac

they are like aggies....one game season

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2008/11/24/facebook_moveme.html

Oh, and there's more....http://www.45-35.com/Texas_45_-_35_OU.html

Did I mention that Texas Sucks?

tommieharris91
11/24/2008, 09:38 PM
LOL at the comments. Today was the first day I heard from Stoops about any of this.

soonermeteor
11/24/2008, 09:48 PM
How about sooner fans show up to game day with 39-33 signs?

IronHorseSooner
11/24/2008, 10:18 PM
This has to be a Holy War! I am sick of their carp, and none of us should take it. This would be a disservice (I want to us stronger words) to all of OUr players who worked their arses off all year, the offseason, in film study, etc. "Ask not what your Sooners can do for you, but what you can do for your Sooners!" Take that same attitude that was present at the stadium on Saturday and turn it on those pompous windbags. Let OUr players and coaches focus on Aggie Lite. We as a Sooner Nation need to combat the scourge from South of the Red River. I am sorry, this UTerus propaganda carp has gone far enough. We aren't Cal from 2004. We are Oklahoma. We will not let this stand.

AzianSooner
11/24/2008, 10:34 PM
at least, they created the "distraction". FOcus and let the play on the field decide.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/24/2008, 10:37 PM
Someone needs to make a http://www.39-33.com/TexasTech_39_-_33_Texas.html

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 10:45 PM
All it does is make coaches think Texas are cry babies.

Jacie
11/24/2008, 11:00 PM
It's kind of like a child arguing against logic. The child's brain cannot process the logic (in this instance, that voters in two polls had the audacity to rank them below OU and that an OU win over OSU will cause the BCS computers to do the same), so the child acts out. The child will stomp his foot, cross his arms, stick out his lower lip, and say "No!" because he cannot focus on the reality.

This whole idea of parading around with signs to "remind" everyone of the score is in a word . . . childish.

I would normally tell the Texas fans behind this to grow a pair but in this case I think I'll just say, "Grow up."

A Sooner in Texas
11/24/2008, 11:09 PM
All it does is make coaches think Texas are cry babies.

Which they are. :D

mseaton
11/25/2008, 12:08 AM
I missed the Texas Tech head to head in this shameful mess.

stoopified
11/25/2008, 09:50 AM
The UT arguement for being ranked ahead of us boils down to WE BEAT YOU HEAD TO HEAD.Ok if that becomes a rule then we rank UT ahead of OU . However TT beat UT so logically TT belongs ahead of UT. Wait a minute, OU beat TT so they belong ahead OF TT .That daisy-chain arguement holds no water so look at how OU and UT have done since the RRR : OU is 5-0 with wins over TT and a then ranked KU.UT is 4-1 with a loss vs.TT. IF OU wins vs. T.BS we will have surpassed UT plain and simple.The computers and humans alike will agree and UT is sitting at home while we throttle Missou(again).

NOVSooner
11/25/2008, 10:16 AM
I missed the Texas Tech head to head in this shameful mess.

EXACTLY! but i hope we don't stoop to that level honestly to be making signs with the score on it. it would be a shame if we came across that desperate and afraid

sooner518
11/25/2008, 10:37 AM
more than annoyed, Im really just confused as to how they can make their argument against us but when Texas Tech comes into the mix, that argument is all of a sudden irrelevant..... DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2008, 02:20 PM
It seems to be that these days, there is a contingent of America, especially those in the voting electorate that makes up the Coaches and Harris polls, that forgot that Texas did in fact defeat Oklahoma earlier in the year.

Texas fans have nothing to worry about. Surely the computers haven't forgotten about the UT victory earlier this year and will rank UT ahead of OU no matter what happens this week. Right?

OUDoc
11/25/2008, 02:25 PM
They're in a panic. It's funny.

Stoop Dawg
11/25/2008, 02:25 PM
Did OU fans put up a "14-3" web site in 2001?

garland sooner
11/25/2008, 02:33 PM
yep. i just got invited to this retarded group. i'll hold on to that invitation and check up on it after next sunday when we get placed in the Big XII champ game.