PDA

View Full Version : So Who do you want to play. . . . . .

OUMedMan
11/24/2008, 07:07 PM
In the BCS NC Game?

Understand your choice would have to be a team that could possibly make it to Miami -- ie, no Washingtons/Washington States/Iowa States, etc. In other words, it would pretty much be limited to the top ten teams.

So who should it be?

An undefeated Alabama Team?

A favored Florida team?

Texas -- for a chance for revenge and for all the marbles?

USC -- for a chance for revenge and reversing the score from a couple of years ago. (If USC can't score more than 17 points against Arizona and California, they probably wouldn't score at all against the Sooners.)

Utah? Or would you be worried about another Boise State type game?

Let's hear it . . . .who should the Sooners face in Miami?

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 07:07 PM
Alabama reminds me of 03-04 LSU
Florida reminds me of 04-05 USC

If i had to compare them

My Opinion Matters
11/24/2008, 07:09 PM
Alabama reminds me of 03-04 LSU
Florida reminds me of 04-05 USC

If i had to compare them

Alabama reminds me of 02 Ohio State and 00 OU.

Sooner02
11/24/2008, 07:10 PM
In the BCS NC Game?
How about we GET there first? I don't care who we play, the fact of getting there is more important to me.

Knippz
11/24/2008, 07:12 PM
Alabama reminds me of a bad team. I would love to play them.

Though I would way rather play Texas over anybody. I believe if we played them again, we would handily beat them. Revenge is sweet. It would be amazing.

OUHOMER
11/24/2008, 07:12 PM
In the BCS NC Game?

Understand your choice would have to be a team that could possibly make it to Miami -- ie, no Washingtons/Washington States/Iowa States, etc. In other words, it would pretty much be limited to the top ten teams.

So who should it be?

An undefeated Alabama Team?

A favored Florida team?

Texas -- for a chance for revenge and for all the marbles?

USC -- for a chance for revenge and reversing the score from a couple of years ago. (If USC can't score more than 17 points against Arizona and California, they probably wouldn't score at all against the Sooners.)

Let's hear it . . . .who should the Sooners face in Miami?

Hands down Alabama...

If for no other reason, I dont want to give tx,usuc, florida the satisfaction of even being there.

umm, that sounded kinda of aggyish :eek:

Knippz
11/24/2008, 07:14 PM
In the BCS NC Game?

Don't you ever mention the Boise State game again. EVER.

KingBarry
11/24/2008, 08:53 PM
I wanna play Bama. Two titans of college football, both in red and white.

Have only played a handful of times, this time for all the marbles, college football the way it's meant to be played.

oumartin
11/24/2008, 09:25 PM
OU would smoke Alabama.

so them

OKLA21FAN
11/24/2008, 09:30 PM
this thread reeks with bad karma :gary:

tommieharris91
11/24/2008, 09:31 PM

This.

boomersoonr7xchamps
11/24/2008, 09:59 PM
guys, lets not get ahead of ourselves...still gotta beat aggie and then missery and booger........

olevetonahill
11/24/2008, 10:03 PM
Bama . Nuff said

BermudaSooner
11/24/2008, 10:04 PM
Bammer. Doubt they could score much more than 21 on us, and know we could score in the 30's on them. All the great tradition, both of us going for our 8th legitimate national championship.

It would be fun to match up with Florida, but that game does scare me more.

Johnny Utah
11/24/2008, 10:15 PM
I'm just curious as to why Florida scares you more? I'll hang up and listen. :)

SoonerAtKU
11/24/2008, 10:26 PM
Florida has Percy Harvin and a host of others with speed to burn. That's something you can't coach, and if Meyer gets those alignees to align properly, I don't know how you stop it.

Bama is a good team, and solid all the way down, but they don't have a player that's honestly scary, as does Texas, USC, and Florida.

Johnny Utah
11/24/2008, 10:59 PM
I agree about the speed being a factor ... my family's favored participant sport (as opposed to spectator sport) is lacrosse the "fastest game on two feet"!

However you bring up a point that I'll jump on ('cause I'm in that kind of mood) ;) . Why does a team like Florida (USC, LSU, etc) have a monopoly on speed players? If "speed kills" then why wouldn't every team go out and recruit the fastest football players it could? And I truly don't believe that just 'cause your from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, etc that your naturally faster (or stronger or a better athlete, etc).

We all keep hearing this BS (especially as it relates to the SEC teams), but I lived in Florida for about 10 years prior to the 10 years that I've now lived in Georgia, and the people that are originally from or have lived most of their lives in these states are not inherently more athletic :confused: .

So I'm done with my rant and welcome the opinion of others. :)

A Sooner in Texas
11/24/2008, 11:20 PM

DON'T EVEN GO THERE YET!!!!!!!!!

No, seriously. My Tech co-worker has to live with himself now after boasting about how the pirates would beat us. Don't incur the wrath of the gods against football cockiness, please. :D

Curly Bill
11/24/2008, 11:24 PM
Don't mind me, just trying to post in all kazillion threads running on the FB board.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/24/2008, 11:25 PM
I want to play whoever has the guts to play us.

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 11:28 PM
Saban scares me honestly . Urban not really...

Team wise Florida scares me... Alabama not really...

God's on Tebow's side, so I'll go with playing Alabama

FlaBama
11/24/2008, 11:32 PM
Hello from a "Bammer."

First, congratulations on one one of the most impressive wins I've seen in all my years. VERY impressive.

Second, it would be a tremendous HONOR to play you for all the marbles. The crimson of Wilkinson verses the crimson of Bryant. Our road to get there is a HARD one but I hope we get the opportunity to play the game. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Boomer Sooner and Roll Tide Roll (It's a crimson thing)

soonerboy_odanorth
11/24/2008, 11:44 PM
Hello from a "Bammer."

First, congratulations on one one of the most impressive wins I've seen in all my years. VERY impressive.

Second, it would be a tremendous HONOR to play you for all the marbles. The crimson of Wilkinson verses the crimson of Bryant. Our road to get there is a HARD one but I hope we get the opportunity to play the game. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Boomer Sooner and Roll Tide Roll (It's a crimson thing)

FlaBama... I'll tell you I don't like Saban, and I'm sure you understand. But... I dislike LSU more than him for their fans' general inhospitility and nastiness, even given the fact that he beat us for a NC.

And having said that, as you say, it would be an honor to play you for all the marbles. Truly... as good as it gets. I'm not the only one to say that hosting you in Norman was the very best of college football. It was classic and the most fun I've had interacting with an opponent ever.

So, Roll Tide! And by all means continue to wish us luck! Maybe we'll see you in Miami!