PDA

View Full Version : Mike Gottfried

IowaSooner26
11/24/2008, 06:25 PM
Does anyone else feel like your brain cells are dying as you watch him speak? I was just watching Inside the Polls on ESPNU and the guy is practically drooling on himself. He disagrees that Tom Luginbill would rate texass ahead of us but then spews off about how texass should be ranked ahead of us. I seriously think that he is like eleventy-billion times worse than Lou Holtz. I had to stop watching for fear of ending up in a coma.

SOONER STEAKER
11/24/2008, 06:47 PM
It sounded to me like the guy was drunk. He seemed to have a hard time getting his next word out. Has he had a stroke or something? It sounded as if something was holding onto his tounge. I kinda feel sorry for the guy.

Harry Beanbag
11/24/2008, 07:01 PM
He's always sounded like that as far as I can remember.

MojoRisen
11/24/2008, 07:04 PM
He definitely seemed Drunk- I and another were pretty sure he was drunk...

Total sell out - for SAXET.. and Butt Boy Mccoy...

I am pretty sick of this debate.... Way too much non mention of how good Tech is this year.... Only gottfried said they are not the same team as they are on the road.. I wonder what Kansas thinks about that...

Salt City Sooner
11/24/2008, 09:09 PM
He had a stroke about 2-3 years ago. I don't agree with his opinions on the OU/UT debate, but cut him some slack on the speech thing.

IronHorseSooner
11/24/2008, 09:12 PM
ESPN's lovefest with UTerus is sickening. It is making me not enjoy this week at all. When we flipped UTerus in the human polls, I knew this carp would happen. What is their freakin' love affair with UTerus? On other sites, at least their reporters are objective, and even if they don't like OU or the Big XII, they admit that OU should be there (i.e. Mandel, Dodd, and Wetzel). ESPN is a Mickey Mouse (get it), East Coast elite organization. They also couldn't stand it when the Rays were in the series, and the Yanks and Sox weren't.

oumartin
11/24/2008, 09:20 PM
all this Texas love one would think that they beat OU or something. ;)

bluedogok
11/24/2008, 10:52 PM
Much of the "distaste" for OU being in the MNC game is the recent BCS bowl history, I was listening to some different national radio on the way home and almost all of them brought up the past few BCS bowl games, even though they should have absolutely no bearing on THIS season. That seems to have flavored much of the attitude by the media.