PDA

View Full Version : Will General Motors have to drop sponsorship of LIMBAUGH, to get OBAMA'S cash?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/24/2008, 06:08 PM
If they haven't already? I bet they will, if they haven't yet done it.

StoopTroup
11/24/2008, 06:10 PM
Who's this Limbaugh guy? Does he run Guantanamo or something?

11/24/2008, 06:11 PM
Who's this Limbaugh guy? Does he run Guantanamo or something?Guantanamera

Sooner_Havok
11/24/2008, 06:18 PM
I wonder, will Limbaugh sponsor the new Chevy Wu or the GM Jiangsu?

11/24/2008, 08:11 PM
I wonder, will Limbaugh sponsor the new Chevy Wu or the GM Jiangsu?I don't remember specific models being promoted on his show. Could be wrong. It will be interesting to see if they have to drop sponsorship to get the goody-bag.

Sooner_Havok
11/24/2008, 08:21 PM
I don't remember specific models being promoted on his show. Could be wrong. It will be interesting to see if they have to drop sponsorship to get the goody-bag.

I can't remember what model, but he does often mention him driving a specific GM brand auto. Tahoe Hybrid maybe? I can't remember. Only thing he pimps I can ever remember is Ruth's Chris Steak House.

Jee, I remember the food place, go figure.

I doubt his sponsorship matters though. Renegotiating the union deals however, should.

Boarder
11/24/2008, 09:00 PM
They dropped Tiger Woods today.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j3_2NimMWwaqJe-b0JtbsvcGe7WQD94LIG2O0

Sooner_Havok
11/24/2008, 09:12 PM

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j3_2NimMWwaqJe-b0JtbsvcGe7WQD94LIG2O0

honestly, if they want to show they are serious, they should drop all of the sports marketing. I'm not saying stop advertising during sporting events, but no more GM half time shows, or Ford Fields, or luxury suites at sporting events.

Also, getting rid of the private jets and capping executive pay might go a long way in showing lawmakers they really want to right the ship.

Add that to renegotiating the union deals, and making vehicles people actually want to buy, and I think the US auto industry can be reborn.

LosAngelesSooner
11/24/2008, 10:51 PM
They can't drop him.

The dust from the impact crater would block out the sun.

KingBarry
11/25/2008, 10:36 AM
They can't drop him.

The dust from the impact crater would block out the sun.

You know, Rush Limbaugh (the real guy, not the clone) lost a lot of weight about 10 years ago. So how 'bout the fat jokes, not so much? Mkay?

11/25/2008, 11:07 AM
You know, Rush Limbaugh (the real guy, not the clone) lost a lot of weight about 10 years ago. So how 'bout the fat jokes, not so much? Mkay?RLIMC! Keep it straight. Yes, he is both a real guy, and My Clone.

Scott D
11/25/2008, 12:05 PM
honestly, if they want to show they are serious, they should drop all of the sports marketing. I'm not saying stop advertising during sporting events, but no more GM half time shows, or Ford Fields, or luxury suites at sporting events.

Um...since the Ford Family owns Ford Field, what difference does that make?

And who gives a **** if Rush loses GM sponsorship, if he's so almighty as you swear he is Clone, he should have a multitude of potential sponsors wanting to take that slot. This is even under your special qualifications a stupid thread.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/25/2008, 12:32 PM
You know, Rush Limbaugh (the real guy, not the clone) lost a lot of weight about 10 years ago. So how 'bout the fat jokes, not so much? Mkay?Are Rush/Oxycontin jokes still fair game? Because that hasn't been 10 years yet.

11/25/2008, 12:39 PM

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j3_2NimMWwaqJe-b0JtbsvcGe7WQD94LIG2O0Not sure the comparison is very good.

Scott D
11/25/2008, 01:06 PM
Not sure the comparison is very good.

you are right, Tiger Woods actually drove/advertised the product.

def_lazer_fc
11/25/2008, 01:38 PM
You know, Rush Limbaugh (the real guy, not the clone) lost a lot of weight about 10 years ago. So how 'bout the fat jokes, not so much? Mkay?

he's still pretty fat.

Stoop Dawg
11/25/2008, 01:44 PM

Because it doesn't support your paranoia?

I heard the GM execs all had to get "Obama" burned into their forehead to even enter negotiations for $$$. This is especially odd since Obama isn't even the POTUS yet.

bri
11/25/2008, 01:45 PM

You've got a point. Tiger Woods is still relevant.

Half a Hundred
11/25/2008, 01:46 PM
Projection anyone?

def_lazer_fc
11/25/2008, 01:48 PM
You've got a point. Tiger Woods is still relevant.

and he is talented at something other than gobbling pills, sitting in a chair, and bitching into a microphone.

11/25/2008, 01:52 PM
Because it doesn't support your paranoia?

I heard the GM execs all had to get "Obama" burned into their forehead to even enter negotiations for $$$. This is especially odd since Obama isn't even the POTUS yet.Why haven't I put you on ignore yet?

Stoop Dawg
11/25/2008, 02:01 PM
Why haven't I put you on ignore yet?

You enjoy reading intelligent posts?

You want to learn something?

You have a man-crush on me?

The possible reasons are endless.....

Sooner_Havok
11/25/2008, 04:20 PM
Um...since the Ford Family owns Ford Field, what difference does that make?

Maybe I should have said Ford Center, but you get my point. Stop with the buying naming rights already.

Scott D
11/25/2008, 05:35 PM
Why haven't I put you on ignore yet?

the entire world wishes you to use that feature on it.

bri
11/25/2008, 06:15 PM
Kinky.

bluedogok
11/25/2008, 09:47 PM
Maybe I should have said Ford Center, but you get my point. Stop with the buying naming rights already.
The Ford Center in OKC naming rights deal technically had nothing to do with the Ford motor Company in Dearborn, it was the Oklahoma Ford Dealers group that bought the naming rights. The only association with FMC is the fact that the dealers are franchises of FMC. There was talk on PTI on ESPN Radio on the way home today that Citibank is possibly pulling out of the naming rights deal for the new NY Mets stadium CitiField.

That said, I think most of them should pull out of these agreements if they are going to seek government assistance. Ready for the Toyota-spec Nascar Cup?

Sooner_Havok
11/25/2008, 10:08 PM
The Ford Center in OKC naming rights deal technically had nothing to do with the Ford motor Company in Dearborn, it was the Oklahoma Ford Dealers group that bought the naming rights. The only association with FMC is the fact that the dealers are franchises of FMC. There was talk on PTI on ESPN Radio on the way home today that Citibank is possibly pulling out of the naming rights deal for the new NY Mets stadium CitiField.

That said, I think most of them should pull out of these agreements if they are going to seek government assistance. Ready for the Toyota-spec Nascar Cup?

Well, I may be an idiot, but at least you got my point :D

bluedogok
11/25/2008, 10:24 PM
I have heard/read many people who thought it was a FMC deal and not the OK Ford Dealers contract. With the way that it is named, I can understand not knowing about it, I was still in OKC when the deal was made. The company that I worked for in OKC did the arena project.

bri
11/25/2008, 10:39 PM
I never could understand why FMC would care enough to name-sponsor an arena in Oklahoma, then I heard it was just a group of dealers and it made a skosh more sense.