PDA

View Full Version : Why do I keep clicking on this guy's articles?

kevpks
11/24/2008, 05:43 PM
Mark Schlabach never has anything good to say about OU. It is impressive that he is one of the only people in the country that watched our game Saturday and sees it as a no brainer that Texas should finish ahead of us. I can see both sides of the argument but he acts as if there shouldn't even be a debate:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=notebook/onthemark1124

Here is a perfect example of why this guy is a d-bag:

Victories
Oklahoma: The Sooners have a couple of very impressive nonconference wins. Oklahoma beat Cincinnati 52-26 in Norman on Sept. 6. The Bearcats are 9-2 and one victory away from winning the Big East title. The Sooners also walloped TCU 35-10 in Norman on Sept. 27. The Horned Frogs finished the regular season with a 10-2 record and are No. 14 in the BCS standings.

Texas: Along with beating Oklahoma, Texas hammered Big 12 North champion Missouri 56-31 in Austin, Texas. The Longhorns beat Oklahoma State 28-24 and won at Kansas 35-7.

Texas Tech: Texas Tech beat Nevada 35-19 and SMU 43-7. Along with beating the Longhorns, the Red Raiders crushed Oklahoma State 56-20 and won at Kansas 63-21 in Big 12 play.

Advantage: Texas. (The Sooners would have four very impressive victories if they beat Oklahoma State. But the Longhorns would have the only victory that matters -- a win over the Sooners.)

Um...I guess our dismantling of Tech doesn't deserve a mention under victories?

kevpks
11/24/2008, 05:51 PM
I just noticed someone else posted this. In my anger I overlooked it. Please merge as necessary.

TopDawg
11/24/2008, 05:52 PM
He also says we'd have 4 impressive victories:

TCU and Cinci are two of the ones he lists. Presumably Tech is another one and he says that the fourth one will come IF we beat OSU.

But he leaves out Kansas, which is one that he put in the Texas column.

aurorasooner
11/24/2008, 05:54 PM
Don't see anything that would make him biased against us outside of being an SEC homer. Perhaps he's one of Goatweeb's buddies from the BB side of ESPN.
Mark Schlabach
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Mark Schlabach is an author and columnist for ESPN.com. Schlabach joined ESPN.com in July 2006 as a college football and college basketball columnist.

Schlabach graduated from the University of Georgia. He is a member of Sigma Nu fraternity. He spent nine years at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, covering University of Georgia, the Southeastern Conference, the NFL, and NASCAR. Later, Schlabach spent two years at the Washington Post covering college football, college basketball, and boxing.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/24/2008, 05:57 PM
He also says we'd have 4 impressive victories:

TCU and Cinci are two of the ones he lists. Presumably Tech is another one and he says that the fourth one will come IF we beat OSU.

But he leaves out Kansas, which is one that he put in the Texas column.

if KU is a good victory then so is Nebraska, who is 7-4 and will play vs CU and will probably advance to 8-4.
KU is 6-5 with a game vs Missouri coming up. They will likely finish 6-6.

What a tool.

BigBoomerInBigD
11/24/2008, 06:51 PM
The guy's a dooshnozzle

We Love OU
11/24/2008, 06:58 PM
Yep, that is the article my UT buds are throwing at me at work...Acting like it's gospel...We aren't the same team that took a loss to UT last month, doesn't that count or is it all about the fact that they beat us?...Drives me nuts...Maybe a victory against the pokes will help to make them forget...