PDA

View Full Version : I've got a feeling...

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 03:35 PM
Something "wild" this way comes....

I don't know why, but I have the sense that either Florida, Alabama or Texas goes down this weekend.

Texas v Texas A&M - This game has the smallest probability of being the upset. A&M is just that bad. Of course it is a rivalry (not like the media created OU/Tech rivalry...this one's real). The best thing we can hope for (other than a loss, which most likely isn't going to happen) is that A&M plays Texas uncomfortably close.

Alabama v Auburn a.k.a. The Iron Bowl - Bama will be on upset alert by a lot of the "experts". This game is usually pretty good. However, Auburn is pretty bad this year. Bama probably wins this one, but it could be a surprise.

Florida v Florida State - This is the game I think will be the best chance at being the surprise. Florida has to go to Florida State, and the upstart Noles may be the team to silence all of the "Florida is the best team in the country" cries. I think this is the one.

Ideally, a Texas loss helps us the most. However, if FSU can find a way to beat the Gators, I think Florida will win the SEC (beating Bama).

Beleive it, or not, an OU/Texas rematch (in the BCS title game) is still a possibility.

colleyvillesooner
11/24/2008, 03:46 PM
I think throw us in the mix as well. One of those four is losing.

My Opinion Matters
11/24/2008, 03:47 PM
I've had a similar feeling.

But then I remind myself that the thing about 8timechamps is that the only time I care about his feelings is when I'm trying to hurt them.

BOOOO 8XC.

cheezyq
11/24/2008, 03:51 PM
I almost would like to see:

UF lose to Florida State
Bama lost to Auburn
UF beat Bama

...resulting in an OU-UT rematch?

Nah, I'd rather see us beat the daylights out of an SEC team.

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 03:55 PM
I've had a similar feeling.

But then I remind myself that the thing about 8timechamps is that the only time I care about his feelings is when I'm trying to hurt them.

BOOOO 8XC.

I don't have feelings...I am a computer program that was uploaded to produce pointless posts on Soonerfans.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SicEmBaylor
11/24/2008, 03:57 PM
My feeling is that we upset a very demoralized Tech team this weekend.

cvsooner
11/24/2008, 04:09 PM
Nothing personal, Sicem...I hope not.

vigilantesooner
11/24/2008, 04:12 PM

That's sickeningly possible.....join with me in prayer that it doesn't happen. I know you'll be glad to, right?

SicEmBaylor
11/24/2008, 04:25 PM
That's sickeningly possible.....join with me in prayer that it doesn't happen. I know you'll be glad to, right?

I will not, but I'm going to turn your spek from gray to green for asking nicely.

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 04:28 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :P

vigilantesooner
11/24/2008, 04:31 PM
I will not, but I'm going to turn your spek from gray to green for asking nicely.

You have amazing power. Fitting that a Baylor fan should turn me green =D.

MojoRisen
11/24/2008, 04:31 PM
I think it is important that our game is much later in the evening that day. Tech wins and god forbid we loose too OSU - Tech is Big 12 south champs...

That is something real to play for to happen if I were Tech...

SicEmBaylor
11/24/2008, 04:37 PM
You have amazing power. Fitting that a Baylor fan should turn me green =D.

We're all about evangelizing.

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2008, 04:47 PM

SicEm, you just need a moral victory. Repeat - *moral* victory. They are just as good as actual victories except for the losing part. Just ask an OSU fan - they had a moral victory against the 'horns this year and are still celebrating. :cool:

sooner518
11/24/2008, 04:59 PM
since Florida is between us and Texas in one of the human polls, doesnt a Florida loss this weekend hurt us?

OUinFLA
11/24/2008, 07:09 PM
since Florida is between us and Texas in one of the human polls, doesnt a Florida loss this weekend hurt us?

either Florida or Bama will lose in the SEC Championship game.

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 10:40 PM

Well, in a perfect world, Texas would lose, we would win and everything would be golden.

Since Texas is the least likely of the three to win (Sorry SicEm), a Florida loss this weekend would just be for fun...assuming Florida knocks off Bama in the SEC title game.

Am I the only one that thinks Bama is the weakest of the top 5 teams?

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 10:42 PM
I think we will get hurt/burnt if Florida loses. I think we need to be Gator fans this weekend. Sad but true

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 10:47 PM
I think we will get hurt/burnt if Florida loses. I think we need to be Gator fans this weekend. Sad but true

How would a Florida loss hurt us?