PDA

View Full Version : Here's a novel idea...

Sooner02
11/24/2008, 03:34 PM
How about we concentrate on nothing else this week but Oklahoma State?

Seems that's all that really matters, considering all the assumptions and projections won't matter unless we win this game.

HoustonSooner23
11/24/2008, 03:37 PM
Win and win big!

jrboomersooner
thats a great idea. i know that if we concentrate really hard OU is sure to win. everyone knows that its not the best team that wins, its the team that has the most fans concentrating.

8timechamps
I'm 100% sure Stoops and the Sooners are doing just that.

We, as fans, don't need to be "focused".

Sooner02
11/24/2008, 03:42 PM
Just how I'm approaching it. I've seen this movie before: 2001, 2002, 2003 (ccg game). I see a lot of posts about Alabama, Auburn, Florida, FSU...who cares? We have a huge game left. And it's even more important than Tech.

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 03:47 PM
Again,
What difference does it make if I focus on OSU?

And, like I said, I'm 100% sure Stoops and the team are focused.

As of 1:45 today, I still hadn't received a phone call asking me if I had any eligibility left for Saturday. So, I am assuming they don't need me to play.

jrboomersooner
11/24/2008, 03:57 PM
Again,
What difference does it make if I focus on OSU?

And, like I said, I'm 100% sure Stoops and the team are focused.

As of 1:45 today, I still hadn't received a phone call asking me if I had any eligibility left for Saturday. So, I am assuming they don't need me to play.

stoops has been calling me for your number. when i told him i didn't have it he said "well if he can't play tell him to concentrate!"

NYC Poke
11/24/2008, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty sure the game will be decided either here or at OP.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 04:02 PM
Just how I'm approaching it. I've seen this movie before: 2001, 2002, 2003 (ccg game). I see a lot of posts about Alabama, Auburn, Florida, FSU...who cares? We have a huge game left. And it's even more important than Tech.

It might be more important now, but it wasn't on Saturday.

vigilantesooner
11/24/2008, 04:09 PM
I just told the OU players they don't have to concentrate anymore, everybody on this board is concentrating for them.

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 04:27 PM
stoops has been calling me for your number. when i told him i didn't have it he said "well if he can't play tell him to concentrate!"

Don't give him my cell number. The dude will be calling me all the time!

SicEmBaylor
11/24/2008, 04:27 PM

Seems that's all that really matters, considering all the assumptions and projections won't matter unless we win this game.

How many gameday points do you think fan concentration and internet message board speculation is worth?

OklahomaTuba
11/24/2008, 04:32 PM
Coach Stoops told me to speculate louder.

Jewstin
11/24/2008, 04:36 PM
You know, I was just sitting here thinking about that, as I posted in one thread after another, getting progressively more and more worked up ...

Then I thought, boy howdy, who would've thought that Sam Bradford would be a national star at this point last season, standing atop the Heisman watch list? Or that our offense would be on the brink of proving themselves as one of the greatest EVER?

Hell, who saw 65-21 coming!?!?

I'm going to stop worrying about all the politics and all the campaigning and just enjoy the fact that our Sooners are in the debate, and that I get to watch at least one more big time game involving my favorite team. ;)

It's cliche and goofy, but I'm only now realizing how much I, and all of us, have to be thankful for this year!

Boomer Sooner ... and Gig 'em, for good measure. ;)

SouthFortySooner
11/24/2008, 06:15 PM
My mind is weak. I'm still concentrating on the beatdown Sat. I will admit I concentrated on the Tech game last week though and look what happened! Woot.

vigilantesooner
11/24/2008, 06:17 PM
My mind is weak. I'm still concentrating on the beatdown Sat. I will admit I concentrated on the Tech game last week though and look what happened! Woot.

I had to break my concentration when I went to pee, just to make sure my aim was true. I hope I haven't doomed us!

XFollower
11/24/2008, 06:22 PM
osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu....

great now I'm nauseous, my ego is huge, my abilities are tiny, and I get excited when I see farm animals....

great idea thanks.

Sooner02
11/24/2008, 07:01 PM
osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu osu....

great now I'm nauseous, my ego is huge, my abilities are tiny, and I get excited when I see farm animals....

great idea thanks.
Hey that's more productive than thinking about a BCS game we aren't even in yet. :eek:

MojoRisen
11/24/2008, 07:14 PM
I heard Stoops said he believes he is playing with the Hiesman right now... I am very confident that we will be prepared for OSU... It is going to be a mad house there but I think we can jump them early and get a few stops- it maybe 28-7 before they really can make any adjustments...

At that Point I think we match em at least TD for TD

jrboomersooner
11/24/2008, 07:19 PM
At that Point I think we match em at least TD for TD

Not if we all focus. I'm going to lenscrafters right now just to make sure im ready for saturdays game.

OUHOMER
11/24/2008, 07:27 PM

I could have sworn we were paying somebody else to get the team ready. I should have know when they came bye to collect his pay it was a scam.

I better get my *** down to Norman right now. :rolleyes: