PDA

View Full Version : Great ESPN Magazine article on Tech and why they lost

cvsooner
11/24/2008, 02:22 PM
We learn at least two things: they stayed at the Embassy Suites (not the Courtyard Marriott) and the loss of the omelet bar led to their downfall.

Great story, all in all.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3721689)

OUmillenium
11/24/2008, 02:30 PM
good stuff, thanks

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/24/2008, 02:34 PM
Great read. I can't wait to see the 60 Minutes interview with Mike Leach. That should set up nicely for hilarity.

Their director of football operations is named Tom McVeigh? That's unfortunate. Kind of like being named "Justin Stalin" or "Lee Harry Oswald."

Blues1
11/24/2008, 02:43 PM
Yep -- Enjoyed the Inside look to tTech...!!

sooner518
11/24/2008, 02:45 PM
6:56 p.m. While the rest of his players disperse to their respective theatres to see the new James Bond flick or Role Models, Leach, who has seen both flicks, heads to see Twilight. It's a vampire movie, but it's a vampire movie about nice vampires, he says, adding that he's heard people talking about it.

LOL. I just cant hate Leach. Im a little tired of his whole pirate schtick, but this hilarious

Fiatil
11/24/2008, 03:00 PM
Haha yeah, that Twilight thing cracks me up. Leach is pretty awesome, but I'm pretty sure seeing Twilight was why we beat him so badly on Saturday.

rainiersooner
11/24/2008, 03:02 PM
Brandon Carter: YOU FAIL!!!

Brandon Carter, Tech's mammoth offensive guard who's nicknamed Mankind in honor of the former WWE pro wrestler, might even top Bird in his venom. "People have been saying we've shocked the world the last three weeks. F--- that. F--- them. We haven't shocked ourselves. And you guys know that."

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 03:06 PM
Leach is great. I hope he stays at tech.

ClintonSooner
11/24/2008, 03:07 PM
very interesting! cant not like the guy

SoonerJack
11/24/2008, 03:24 PM
cool article. I love the behind the scenes stuff.

CU Sooner
11/24/2008, 04:48 PM
If only they had stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.:D

meoveryouxinfinity
11/24/2008, 05:02 PM
so they lost because they didn't have their morning eggs?

Jacie
11/24/2008, 05:24 PM
Poor ESPN.

Here they were, embedded with TT so they could put together this really great film, following them from game to game as they marched towards their destiny in Miami.

Brrrrppp!

Someone forgot to give Oklahoma a copy of the script.

The ESPN staffer who had this great idea and was probably the person who was going to get a director's credit w/accompanying pay raise or at least a modest bonus saw it all come crashing down.

Now all he gets is an article on the web page and has to put up with office talk about how what they should have done was the same concept but focused on Oklahoma . . .

oupride
11/24/2008, 07:58 PM
Great article. Thanks for the post.

Jimminy Crimson
11/24/2008, 08:37 PM
Poor ESPN.

Here they were, embedded with TT so they could put together this really great film, following them from game to game as they marched towards their destiny in Miami.

Brrrrppp!

Someone forgot to give Oklahoma a copy of the script.

The ESPN staffer who had this great idea and was probably the person who was going to get a director's credit w/accompanying pay raise or at least a modest bonus saw it all come crashing down.

Now all he gets is an article on the web page and has to put up with office talk about how what they should have done was the same concept but focused on Oklahoma . . .

Reminds me of 2001... :O

BajaOklahoma
11/24/2008, 10:35 PM
We'll be at the Embassy Suites on Wednesday. We will thank them on behalf of all Sooner for not serving the Raiders omelets (they have good omelets). :D

tulsaoilerfan
11/24/2008, 10:53 PM
Stoops should stop by and give em a game ball. :)