PDA

View Full Version : CFN Article

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2008, 11:26 AM
A lot to say about the Sooners and Bradford.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/815076.html

Boomer38Sooner
11/24/2008, 11:55 AM
If we win next week, how bad is the rest of the nation going to hate us for going to the Big 12 Championship Game when Texas beat us head-to-head?

KingBarry
11/24/2008, 11:58 AM
If we win next week, how bad is the rest of the nation going to hate us for going to the Big 12 Championship Game when Texas beat us head-to-head?

I say, "none at all." The country already basically hates us, which is why "head-to-head" is an issue at all.

If the country loved us and hated the Mac Attack, they'd say "hottest team" all day long.

SteelCitySooner
11/24/2008, 12:05 PM
Man if only Tech beat TU!

wait..

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2008, 12:08 PM

About the same as today. Everyone hates winning programs, so they will continue to hate OU and UT regardless.

aurorasooner
11/24/2008, 12:09 PM
I say, "none at all." The country already basically hates us, which is why "head-to-head" is an issue at all.

If the country loved us and hated the Mac Attack, they'd say "hottest team" all day long. Just win, baby. I agree somewhat in that a 70-0 home Whorn win over a bottom-feeder aTm team will be portrayed by the national press as a better win than if we beat a #11 OSU team by a couple of TDs, on the road. It's ridiculous, I know. If somehow we hang half-a-hundred on the Ags and our D holds them to about 14 or 21 points, then I expect that the national perception will/should change. We just need to let our play do our talkin'.

Jewstin
11/24/2008, 12:58 PM
Didn't we just beat the **** out of A&M *AT* A&M, to the tune of, uh, most points ever at Kyle Field? One of the toughest places to play? Where even our best teams from the past have struggled mightily, regardless of A&M's caliber?

I better see some ESPN talking heads bringing that point up during their game this week. Journalistic integrity, pffft!

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 01:00 PM
I kinda think america hates texas more....

daddywarbucks
11/24/2008, 01:02 PM
Didn't we just beat the **** out of A&M *AT* A&M, to the tune of, uh, most points ever at Kyle Field? One of the toughest places to play? Where even our best teams from the past have struggled mightily, regardless of A&M's caliber?

I better see some ESPN talking heads bringing that point up during their game this week. Journalistic integrity, pffft!

You are kidding of course....If you think the media will put a POSITIVE spin on anything OU does your living in a fantasy world..I would love to punch Kirk Herbstreit in the throat....

TexasEx4OU
11/24/2008, 01:05 PM
I just hope that Fiutak doesn't have a vote in any poll that matters.

soonerfan28
11/24/2008, 01:05 PM
I have a problem believing that Texas is going to put a beatdown on A&M the way that we did and the Ags have been a thorn in the side of Texas the last 2 years and this is in no way the same team that they had over the last 2 years even though those teams sucked also. I think A&M will play keep away with ball as long as they can move it somewhat and I think it will be a low scoring affair and it might even be closer then people think. Didn't A&M get the weekend off? That's a yes.

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2008, 01:11 PM

Yep, UT has had a bit more success recently than OU and a much more recent BCS title, so they are hated. ESPN and the other sports media loves to stir controversy, so the way to do that now is to focus on the big12 south BCS situation. I'm sure they would hype OU more than UT if that was the path to more contention (and thus, viewers). I hope the team ignores all this and just focuses on whippin' boone state - that's soooo satisfying regardless of all this other stuff.

jwlynn64
No mention of injuries during the game and that Texas had to come behind for the win. Journalistic integrity my a$$!

Jason White's Third Knee

Way to many people in Illinois with cow hats on up here to prove that. I think I have more OU hats than the rest of the state.

Jewstin
11/24/2008, 01:22 PM
You are kidding of course....If you think the media will put a POSITIVE spin on anything OU does your living in a fantasy world..I would love to punch Kirk Herbstreit in the throat....

True statement. :( I about threw my TV out the window last night during the UConn/USF game ... I randomly flipped over before the Oklahoma Sports Blitz to watch what seemingly amounted to an ESPN campaign advertisement in favor of Texas, showing Texas highlights of the RRS, with both the announcers speaking, as if from a friggin' script, about "HEAD TO HEAD" and "45-35" over and over. It was ludicrous.

olevetonahill
11/24/2008, 01:26 PM
If we win next week,

Whats this IF shat ?

how bad is the rest of the nation going to hate us for going to the Big 12 Championship Game when Texas beat us head-to-head?

Who gives a shat what they think ?

cheezyq
11/24/2008, 02:44 PM
The SEC sucks this year. The Big Ten sucks this year. The Pac 10 really sucks. No, it’s not parity; it’s bad football.

:D Me likey.

batonrougesooner
11/24/2008, 02:58 PM
Texas is going to smoke ATM and if OU wins against OSU, it will be by a slim margin.

vigilantesooner
11/24/2008, 03:09 PM
I like how #4 is all about why Tx should be picked ahead of OU, and #5 is about why Utah should be considered for the NC. He argues for Tx, then disqualifies himself immediately after.