PDA

View Full Version : Fluke? The texas game was the fluke.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 11:20 AM
I think that the only fluke this year was the texas game. We lead the whole game and after some unfortunate officiating and an Herculean effort by the horns, they won. We play them again and we crush them like we crushed tech.

We should have run more against texas. We had a linebacker and a d tackle out. These guys were critical. Our team in it's present form would drop texas like SDSU dropped Chuck Long.

Aries
11/24/2008, 11:23 AM
I'm tellin' ya... the big fluke in the Texas game was Sooners minus Ryan Reynolds.

My Opinion Matters
11/24/2008, 11:26 AM
I usually loathe this type of reasoning, because it's exactly the type of logic Horns typically use. However, as this season plays out it's become apparent that you're absolutely correct.

UT losing to Tech was not the fluke. OU losing to UT was the fluke.

boomersooner28
11/24/2008, 11:40 AM
There is no way in hell Texas would want to play us again. That is the question that people should be asking themselves, who would win if OU and Texas played today? Whorn lurkers, your thought? You want to play OU again?

The Maestro
11/24/2008, 11:47 AM
I am still hoping something happens like Florida losing at Florida State this week. Honestly, I would prefer playing Texas to Florida or Alabama for the title.

Jewstin
11/24/2008, 12:48 PM
Between that (Reynolds) and the blown calls, you've got an obvious recipe for a loss. But just because we can make that argument doesn't mean that we should. How do you think Mack Brown and all these pro-Texas columnists look to the rest of the country bitching and moaning about their "miracle last second loss" to Tech? Neverminding the fact that they were drubbed up and down the field all game...

I hope Bob Stoops says nothing at all. We manhandled Tech, and the pollsters saw things for what they're worth. We manhandle OSU, and they'll do the same, while the computers can only improve in our favor.

daddywarbucks
11/24/2008, 12:51 PM
I would love to see another OU texas game right now.......it would be a lot of fun kicking there asses up and down the field.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 01:06 PM
Between that (Reynolds) and the blown calls, you've got an obvious recipe for a loss. But just because we can make that argument doesn't mean that we should. How do you think Mack Brown and all these pro-Texas columnists look to the rest of the country bitching and moaning about their "miracle last second loss" to Tech? Neverminding the fact that they were drubbed up and down the field all game...

I hope Bob Stoops says nothing at all. We manhandled Tech, and the pollsters saw things for what they're worth. We manhandle OSU, and they'll do the same, while the computers can only improve in our favor.

I generally don't make these kinds of statements. Settle it on the field. We did. We lost. It was closer than people admit as we lead the whole damned game PLUS the personal fouls were really, really bad and drive sustaining calls... plus the interception that the announcers were ranting about.

If there WERE a playoff, we'd look pretty good to go all the way, but now we have some beauty contest system that seems to be pretty tricksy every year.

I'll give it up to Colt and his boys for rallying the way they did in the 4th. They were great that day overcoming the deficit, but I won't penalize OU for playing a great game and getting some goofy calls thrown at them. Hell, the way Bradford dropped in the Heisman race proves to me that people don't watch the game. He was awesome. I just wish we had run a hell of lot more.

I just feel like bitching.

soonerfan28
11/24/2008, 01:10 PM
I'm not gonna complain about the officiating and I don't think it was a fluke. I do think that it was bad timing in losing a consistent captain in Ryan Reynolds and that cost us the game as much if not more then Shipley runnin one back.

TexasLidig8r
11/24/2008, 01:24 PM
I generally don't make these kinds of statements. Settle it on the field. We did. We lost. It was closer than people admit as we lead the whole damned game PLUS the personal fouls were really, really bad and drive sustaining calls... plus the interception that the announcers were ranting about.

If there WERE a playoff, we'd look pretty good to go all the way, but now we have some beauty contest system that seems to be pretty tricksy every year.

I'll give it up to Colt and his boys for rallying the way they did in the 4th. They were great that day overcoming the deficit, but I won't penalize OU for playing a great game and getting some goofy calls thrown at them. Hell, the way Bradford dropped in the Heisman race proves to me that people don't watch the game. He was awesome. I just wish we had run a hell of lot more.

I just feel like bitching.

Sweet Blue Jesus! There's a laundry list of excuses in here!

And, it completely ignores the horrible acting of your punter and the fact that your offensive linemen, when they aren't holding, are running downfield past the line of scrimmage on passing plays.

The pitiful officiating went both ways.

We played.
You lost.

And yes.. we'd love a rematch in a bowl game. With your history of folding like a Men's Wearhouse suit in a bowl game and with officials who know how to call holding, the game would be even more lopsided than it was the first time.

Jewstin
11/24/2008, 01:25 PM
We did. We lost. It was closer than people admit as we lead the whole damned game PLUS the personal fouls were really, really bad and drive sustaining calls... plus the interception that the announcers were ranting about.

I hear ya! To be honest, this is precisely how I've felt about that game since it happened.

I would just be happy if some mention of these elements were alongside all the Texas spin coming out of the media. I've been consistently hearing the same several words being driven home, spoken repeatedly, with huge emphasis on them, like repetition will drive these points home and eventually sway voters. It's really kind of disgusting, in a way, to witness the kind of control that is trying to be exercised. The talking magic box is dictating to me, so it must be true!

There's more to the friggin' story! I guess my point is that I know Bob won't go out and start mentioning these things, but damn, it'd sure be nice to hear someone outside of our camp point out how ridiculously one-sided this campaign is for Texas at this point.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 01:26 PM

And, it completely ignores the horrible acting of your punter and the fact that your offensive linemen, when they aren't holding, are running downfield past the line of scrimmage on passing plays.

We played.
You lost.

And yes.. we'd love a rematch in a bowl game. With your history of folding like a Men's Wearhouse suit in a bowl game and with officials who know how to call holding, the game would be even more lopsided than it was the first time.

Oh, shut up.

Partial Qualifier
11/24/2008, 01:32 PM
damn, it'd sure be nice to hear someone outside of our camp point out how ridiculously one-sided this campaign is for Texas at this point.

Don't worry about it. The only people who matter aren't interested in what he's selling.

Someone in Mack's camp should remind him the AP isn't part of the BCS formula anymore.

1890MilesToNorman
11/24/2008, 01:39 PM

We played.
You lost.

How do you explain Techs domination of the Horns a couple of weeks ago?
:pop:

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 01:40 PM
haha. Let Texas have the AP ship

Stoop Dawg
11/24/2008, 01:44 PM

I agree. No excuses for the UT loss are necessary.

If you want to look at SOS and quality wins - OU tops UT (or will, after this weeks games).

If you want to compare losses - OU lost to the #2 team in the BCS and UT lost to the #7 team. OU's loss is to a better team.

If you want to compare quality of play - UT trailed the whole game against Tech and lost. OU led the whole game against UT and lost it at the end.

If you want to compare who is "hot" - OU lost a month earlier in the season than UT.

The ONLY comparison that favors UT over OU is head-to-head. And while I would *normally* say that head-to-head trumps other comparisons, anyone who can see beyond the end of their nose knows that the very reason there is a "tie" in the first place is because head-to-head comparisons have failed to produce a winner. Therefore, the only comparisons that matter (in this particular case) are the non-head-to-head.

Any way you slice it, OU gets the nod.

SoonerDood
11/24/2008, 01:45 PM
Every week that goes by, it becomes more and more apparent that Texas played "Game of Their Lives" against us.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/24/2008, 01:46 PM

We played.
You lost.

he ran into the kicker.

he didn't rough him.

running into the kicker was called.

and that, he did.

47straight
11/24/2008, 01:48 PM
Whorns bitching about holding must be the new black.

Pricetag
11/24/2008, 01:50 PM
The Texas loss can't be called a fluke. When the game was on the line in the second half, Texas stepped up and won it by exploiting weaknesses of our team at the time.

I'd love our chances against them in a re-match, but that isn't happening. A head-to-head win obviously doesn't resolve a three way tie though, and we all have business to attend to before that tie even happens.

It isn't right to blindly move teams up and down due to the timing of losses, but the entire season isn't a snapshot of October 11, either. I just hope the people with the votes think long and hard about it all if it comes down to the tie.

Jewstin
11/24/2008, 01:51 PM
I just want at least one Texas fan to admit that Reynolds getting hurt drastically changed the direction of that game. When he started limping around, it was one over-the-middle toss after another. When he finally had to come out, surprise, Texas was able to run the ball again, and whaddya know? More over the middle throws.

This is really no different than a Texas fan lamenting Colt McCoy being blown up and knocked out of late-games in '06 and '07.

Leave us to our mechanisms. :P

captain_surly
11/24/2008, 02:20 PM

We played.
You lost.

That is the most outrageous statement I've seen you make on this board. And you're lying to boot. Deep down inside you want no part of the Oklahoma team that played Saturday. Why in the world your crap is tolerated around here i'll never know.

TexasLidig8r
11/24/2008, 02:31 PM
That is the most outrageous statement I've seen you make on this board. .

No, I've made many more outrageous statements than that before. That's not even in the top 10. :D

oh.. obligatory.. noob.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 02:33 PM
No, I've made many more outrageous statements than that before. That's not even in the top 10. :D

oh.. obligatory.. noob.

Can't you just let me whine in peace? You know, like Mack is doing?

cvsooner
11/24/2008, 02:42 PM
That is the most outrageous statement I've seen you make on this board. And you're lying to boot. Deep down inside you want no part of the Oklahoma team that played Saturday. Why in the world your crap is tolerated around here i'll never know.

No, what Lid means is it would be even more lopsided: Texas would never threaten us this time. He just didn't clarify the statement. :D

TAFBSooner
11/24/2008, 02:52 PM

in other words, "I'm reeeaaallly full of . . . bevo."

:D

TexasLidig8r
11/24/2008, 03:16 PM
in other words, "I'm reeeaaallly full of . . . bevo."

:D

I was on Friday night.. had a great, 16 oz, bone in filet....

All sorts of deliciousness!!!

rainiersooner
11/24/2008, 06:16 PM
With your history of folding like a Men's Wearhouse suit in a bowl game....

I've never bought a suit from Men's Wearhouse...how do they fold?

TexasLidig8r
11/24/2008, 06:20 PM
I've never bought a suit from Men's Wearhouse...how do they fold?

Beats me.. If I was speculating, I would say, they fold as badly as a Stoops coached team in a bowl game. :D

TMcGee86
11/24/2008, 06:22 PM
he ran into the kicker.

he didn't rough him.

running into the kicker was called.

and that, he did.

ex-freaking-actly.

I am so sick of hearing about his "acting" from the whorns. Who cares, he was run into and they threw the flag. It's not like they only call that if the punter is seriously hurt, the call was the right call. All the acting in the world wont change that. You dont get to run into the kicker.

SoonersEnFuego
11/24/2008, 06:28 PM
Texas did play the game of their lives that day. We just played average. = FLUKE

BermudaSooner
11/24/2008, 06:56 PM
I am still hoping something happens like Florida losing at Florida State this week. Honestly, I would prefer playing Texas to Florida or Alabama for the title.

Not so sure this is good for us. Florida losing means Texas closes the gap in the Coaches poll as Florida now separates OU and Texas.

cvsooner
11/24/2008, 07:04 PM
Beats me.. If I was speculating, I would say, they fold as badly as a Stoops coached team in a bowl game. :D

Or, maybe a Mack Brown team during Big 12 play the last few years.

Harry Beanbag
11/24/2008, 07:08 PM

Me too, I think Florida would give us huge problems. The best team doesn't always win, and I think that's what happened in Dallas last month.

That being said, I remember reading threads like this on hornfans.com for five years in a row earlier this decade. Let's not act like the whorns.

GreaterState
11/24/2008, 07:08 PM
I hope Bob Stoops says nothing at all.

:rolleyes: Dude, you are way too late for that:

“I don’t know what other style points you’re looking for,” Stoops said. “That’s about as solid and complete as anybody’s played those guys. They’re the No. 2 team in the country. We played as solid as I think we could.”

He even went so far as to lobby for his team to be ranked No. 1.

“Because how we’re playing right now,” he said. “We just beat the No. 2 team in the country that was one of few teams that was undefeated. You just made me say it.”

"Obviously, now we're in the mix with everybody," Sooners coach Bob Stoops said. "With the way we played, you would think ahead.

"The only other way is strength of schedule -- that kind of thing -- is probably the fairest," Stoops said.

Geez Bowl Game Bob, how many microphones did you run to?

Is it greater than or less than the number of threads where Jewstin is posting how you would never ever say a word about this subject, not like that awful Mack?

GreaterState
11/24/2008, 07:33 PM
I usually loathe this type of reasoning, because it's exactly the type of logic Horns typically use.

Meanwhile this entire thread is super aggy. You guys are better than this.

It's got it all:
1. "Refs took our jerbs!" (every loss since the legitimate scrooge against Oregon has been caused not by OU losing, but by bad officiating)
2. "If we played today we'd kill 'em!" (click a stopwatch after OU loses the RRS and see when these threads begin)
3. "Mack sux and Bob would never play politics" while Bob is on every TV in the background doing exactly that. Surely not every Sooner lives in the reality distortion field.

Jewstin
11/24/2008, 07:56 PM
Is it greater than or less than the number of threads where Jewstin is posting how you would never ever say a word about this subject, not like that awful Mack?

I said I hope he doesn't, because frankly, given our performance on Saturday night, nothing needed to be said (ala, the results from the human polls).

But he did, and even though I wish he hadn't, I can't blame him for having to do it. Maybe ESPN decided to bring him on after giving Mack the Sunday night spot light with the gameday crew? Who knows?

Also, regarding this thread being "super aggy" ... man, you Texans blow me away. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Maybe I should go cut and paste some threads from Hornfans.com where every other post brings up those awesome "what if" scenarios for the Tech game. Like I said in the previous thread where I dumptrucked your logic, you and your comrades are picking and choosing whatever suits you and disregarding anything else. It's like talking to a wall with halitosis. It stinks.

Now, lets hear "head-to-head" and "45-35" again! Or, or, maybe you can post a link to the scoreboard this time? Oooo, that'd really hit home. Then, I can post a picture of the Texas/Tech scoreboard! Then someone else can post a picture of the OU/Tech scoreboard! It'll be fun, I promise. We can go round and round all night long pretending the only thing that matters is head-to-head in a situation that, by definition, cannot be solved by head-to-head considerations.

Good game.

GreaterState
11/24/2008, 08:15 PM
Also, regarding this thread being "super aggy" ... man, you Texans blow me away. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Maybe I should go cut and paste some threads from Hornfans.com where every other post brings up those awesome "what if" scenarios for the Tech game.

Just to clarify, this thread is not aggy because of what-if scenarios, which are on everyone's boards (and if not, why would boards exist). It is because the title is about how the RRS was a fluke so you weren't "beat," and the now-standard stuff about refs and rematches. Apparently only 36-point USC beatdowns are strong enough to knock out the industrial-strength sunshine pumps. Remind me how many points on the scoreboard you get for losing superhero Ryan Reynolds, in official NCAA rules? (And didn't he leave the game when it was 21-20?)

We can go round and round all night long pretending the only thing that matters is head-to-head in a situation that, by definition, cannot be solved by head-to-head considerations.

One thing's for sure, and that's that the ultimate human poll result (assuming winning out) is gonna depend on how many humans think of it as head to head. Some people are going to think that way and vote Texas, others are going to think of all three teams and, with your Tech beatdown fresh, vote OU. Thus the irony of you stomping them, which will remove them from some voters' minds. I'm with Schlabach (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=notebook/onthemark1124), of course.

47straight
11/24/2008, 08:48 PM
Geez Bowl Game Bob, how many microphones did you run to?

One. These are all quotes from the post-game presser where he was asked the questions. Maybe they asked the questions because of the Texas SID fired more text messages than Kelvin Sampson at a Nike Camp?

Try again, you ****ing pathetic hypocrite.

GreaterState
11/24/2008, 09:00 PM
One. These are all quotes from the post-game presser where he was asked the questions. Maybe they asked the questions because of the Texas SID fired more text messages than Kelvin Sampson at a Nike Camp?

Try again, you ****ing pathetic hypocrite.

You kiss your sister with that mouth?

There are a dozen different reporters (and many more reports) quoting Stoops saying something or another about the subject, and the point is you can say "Bob doesn't discuss this" how again exactly? And then who's being hypocritical?

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 09:02 PM
The point is right about tech. This is a 3 way tie, not a 2 way tie. Texas fans claim that tech should not be in conisderation. Well that team we killed beat yall, so that's why they are still in consideration.

very few longhorn fans actually understand that

Johnny Utah
11/24/2008, 09:52 PM
Me too, I think Florida would give us huge problems. The best team doesn't always win, and I think that's what happened in Dallas last month.

That being said, I remember reading threads like this on hornfans.com for five years in a row earlier this decade. Let's not act like the whorns.

I'm curious as to why you think Florida would give us huge problems ... OUr youth on defense vs. their experience (Tebow) on offense? I'll give them credit for being a good, well coached team, but I don't see them as being as invincible as the media would like us all to believe.

They don't appear to have as many offensive weapons as OU, beyond TT, Harvin and maybe a couple of supporting cast members. As far as their D goes, who have they really beaten besides what has turned out to be an over rated Georgia team? They beat Georgia (which has a suspect defense) by shutting down Moreno (who for all his talent seems to be somewhat of a headcase) and making Stafford beat them with a young o-line and 2 receivers.

IMO, provided OU comes to the game well prepared and takes a chapter from its own history by punching Florida in the mouth and not letting up, Florida is definitely beatable.

PLaw
11/24/2008, 09:56 PM
I think that the only fluke this year was the texas game. We lead the whole game and after some unfortunate officiating and an Herculean effort by the horns, they won. We play them again and we crush them like we crushed tech.

We should have run more against texas. We had a linebacker and a d tackle out. These guys were critical. Our team in it's present form would drop texas like SDSU dropped Chuck Long.

Amen, preach it, brother.

BOOMER

tulsaoilerfan
11/24/2008, 10:17 PM
Every week that goes by, it becomes more and more apparent that Texas played "Game of Their Lives" against us.

Anyone with a brain could see that, and i've said it many times on here; they could do no wrong that day

Johnny Utah
11/24/2008, 10:21 PM
Anyone with a brain could see that, and i've said it many times on here; they could do no wrong that day

And the officials made sure of that. ;)

bluedogok
11/24/2008, 10:42 PM
2. "If we played today we'd kill 'em!" (click a stopwatch after OU loses the RRS and see when these threads begin)
Well, we heard the same thing pretty much every season during OU's five game winning streak when UT went on to do well after the OU-Texas game. Like the year that TFRW and a couple of Whorn players went to the OU-Tech game in Lubbock later that season?

UTgolfer
11/24/2008, 10:47 PM
I agree. No excuses for the UT loss are necessary.

If you want to look at SOS and quality wins - OU tops UT (or will, after this weeks games).

If you want to compare losses - OU lost to the #2 team in the BCS and UT lost to the #7 team. OU's loss is to a better team.

If you want to compare quality of play - UT trailed the whole game against Tech and lost. OU led the whole game against UT and lost it at the end.

If you want to compare who is "hot" - OU lost a month earlier in the season than UT.

The ONLY comparison that favors UT over OU is head-to-head. And while I would *normally* say that head-to-head trumps other comparisons, anyone who can see beyond the end of their nose knows that the very reason there is a "tie" in the first place is because head-to-head comparisons have failed to produce a winner. Therefore, the only comparisons that matter (in this particular case) are the non-head-to-head.

Any way you slice it, OU gets the nod.

My goodness lets not let a few facts get in the way of an argument.

Opponents record: Texas' 79-54 vs OU's 66-58 Advantage Texas

Losses: OU lost to a lower ranked team at a neutral site. Texas lost to a lower ranked team on the road. Advantage Texas

Head-to-head: Advantage Texas

Quality of play in losses: Interesting that Texas lost and OU lost it in the end as if that is an excuse. Both lost. Advantage: Even.

Anyway you slice it...advantage Texas.

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 10:48 PM
BUT GUESS WHAT THIS IS THE BCS, its the system we have, go play with some golf balls.

UTgolfer
11/24/2008, 10:50 PM
BUT GUESS WHAT THIS IS THE BCS, its the system we have, go play with some golf balls.

Insightful, original analysis.

Johnny Utah
11/24/2008, 11:04 PM
Anyway you slice it...

... which is probably how you hit the ball and why your on an opposing teams forum and not out playing on the tour. :P

JBIILonghorns
11/24/2008, 11:06 PM
I'm tellin' ya... the big fluke in the Texas game was Sooners minus Ryan Reynolds.

If you want to bring up missing players, then I'll bring up that Quan Cosby didn't play at Texas Tech.

Enjoy your fake, asterisk filled BIG 12 South championship.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 11:21 PM
I was on Friday night.. had a great, 16 oz, bone in filet....

All sorts of deliciousness!!!

So, Friday.

Bone in.

16 oz of meat.

It was great, was it?

I could be a journalist.

Curly Bill
11/24/2008, 11:22 PM
Nothing to see here folks, just trying to post in all eleventy-billion threads running on the FB board.

Carry on.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 11:25 PM

Losses: OU lost to a lower ranked team at a neutral site. Texas lost to a lower ranked team on the road. Advantage Texas

Quality of play in losses: Interesting that Texas lost and OU lost it in the end as if that is an excuse. Both lost. Advantage: Even.

Yeah, we all read that article.

Plagiarist.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 11:26 PM
If you want to bring up missing players, then I'll bring up that Quan Cosby didn't play at Texas Tech.

Sorry. Is he good?

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***************

planosooner
11/24/2008, 11:42 PM

Them not having Cosby was huge in that game IMO against Tech. We weren't the same team without Reynolds....they aren't the same team without Cosby. That guy can play, and they really missed him as a go to reciever that night for sure. This comparing losses crap sucks ballz (play it again I say for all the marbles)

GreaterState
11/24/2008, 11:45 PM
Sorry. Is he good?

Let's ask Lendy ... when he regains consciousness, that is. :D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/Big%2012/bevo-pudding-pops.gif

Jewstin
11/25/2008, 01:05 AM
Let's ask Lendy ... when he regains consciousness, that is. :D

Oh man, LOL ... As much as I can't stand you, that GIF is fantastic. Lendy got freaking clocked on that play.

He's having a pretty awesome season though, conscious or unconscious. =o

47straight
11/25/2008, 01:21 AM
You kiss your sister with that mouth?

There are a dozen different reporters (and many more reports) quoting Stoops saying something or another about the subject, and the point is you can say "Bob doesn't discuss this" how again exactly? And then who's being hypocritical?

That's how "press conferences" work, numbnuts. One microphone, numerous reporters. And they tell a friend. And they tell a friend. So Bob can answer one question out of the many reporters that got a pissy, whiny, sad wittle text message during the game unsolicited, and indeed, through the magical powers of "the wire" many people have his answer. And that's the answer to your question.

And I didn't say anything about what Bob didn't discuss, so shove that up your ***.

GreaterState
11/25/2008, 02:00 AM
That's how "press conferences" work, numbnuts. One microphone, numerous reporters. And they tell a friend.

Let me explain the point so you can understand too:
1. Hundreds of news reports in many newspapers and TV stations run Bob politicking (I don't give a damn how many times he said each politicking comment and I'm not googling it for you; that's not the point)
2. Surrounded by evidence of hundreds of TV reports and papers showing Bob politicking, certain Sooner fans say Bob would never, ever do that.
3. That is silly.

See?

And I didn't say anything about what Bob didn't discuss, so shove that up your ***.

Oh I see where the problem is. "You" can also be a plural!

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 02:01 AM
At least he didn't suck **** for a rose bowl bid.

GreaterState
11/25/2008, 02:05 AM
At least he didn't suck **** for a rose bowl bid.

There's a lot of time left. His wife should keep an eye on him in any case.

mjhurani
11/25/2008, 02:19 AM

Exactly. Not only that, but Sam threw 2 int's and our ST's gave up the kickoff return to Shipley. Also 2 horrible roughing the passer calls on 2nd and 3rd and long that occurred right near the Shorthorn bench. Musberger and Herbstreit both said that each call was terrible. We also intercepted a ball in the end zone that they called incomplete 'cause the ball flew out of his hand when he got up. They got a FG there. Throw in the loss of Ryan Reynolds and it's a wonder we only lost by 10.

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 02:22 AM
Sam's int's were pretty meaningless, one was on 3rd and long and it did just as good as a punt. the other was at the end of the game and ut caught it in the back of the end zone.

TexasLidig8r
11/25/2008, 09:36 AM
Exactly. Not only that, but Sam threw 2 int's and our ST's gave up the kickoff return to Shipley. Also 2 horrible roughing the passer calls on 2nd and 3rd and long that occurred right near the Shorthorn bench. Musberger and Herbstreit both said that each call was terrible. We also intercepted a ball in the end zone that they called incomplete 'cause the ball flew out of his hand when he got up. They got a FG there. Throw in the loss of Ryan Reynolds and it's a wonder we only lost by 10.

EXCUSES.. EXCUSES.. EXCUSES....

Factor in as well, the second imaginary running into the kicker penalty when replays showed the Hollywood, fake actor, Midol taking punter of yours fell down and grabbed his poor little leg.. hell.. he should play soccer. Oh, he shanked that punt, Texas would've had the ball on about the 35 yard line.. instead OU scores...

Then.. on one of your touchdowns, one of your lumbering tub of goo offensive linemen was clearly downfield when the pass was thrown, making a block.. uh.. no call there.

Throw in the fact that we did not have our best tight end.

You got beat in the trenches and it showed at the end of the game.

Maybe the sun was in your players' eyes...

perhaps your team had a bad breakfast.

perhaps the wind was too strong.

:rolleyes:

OKLA21FAN
11/25/2008, 09:56 AM
EXCUSES.. EXCUSES.. EXCUSES....

Factor in as well, the second imaginary running into the kicker penalty when replays showed the Hollywood, fake actor, Midol taking punter of yours fell down and grabbed his poor little leg.. hell.. he should play soccer. Oh, he shanked that punt, Texas would've had the ball on about the 35 yard line.. instead OU scores...

cant go with ya in this one councilor. the rule does not say 'how much' contact is allowed, but that there can be no contact. was there contact? I saw it, did you?

Rule 9 Section 1 ARTICLE 3. a.and provides:
When it is obvious that a scrimmage kick will be made, no opponent shall run into or rough the kicker or the holder of a place kick (A.R. 5-2-2-I and A.R. 9-1-3-I[Approved Ruling 9-1-3 I.

objection over ruled. :pop:

mojohornfan
11/25/2008, 10:00 AM
I couldn't read this entire thread. Makes me wanna puke. I've never seen so many whiney bitches. Nothing but excuses for your loss to Texas. I swear to god, if the roles were reversed, you guys would be SCREAMING "SCOREBOARD" so loud. And, how does everyone figure that Texas is down right now, just because we had a bye week? Our last game, we beat Kansas on their field 35-7. You guys beat 'em 45-31 at home. I'm sure you guys have excuses for that one as well, huh?
We played a horrible game against Tceh and still were winning with 1:29 to play at their place. Teams do have bad games from time to time. Oh wait, ya'll should already know that...
Neg all you want, you know its true.

SCOREBOARD

TheHumanAlphabet
11/25/2008, 10:10 AM

That, Losing Austin English and Demarco not running to full potential. Otherwise I believe a totally different game...

But you know, we lost. But won't Mack whine is he misses the Big 12 champ game or has to play us for the MNC.

mojohornfan
11/25/2008, 10:17 AM
One more thing, you claim that ya'll lost Reynolds for the game in Dallas?? Our best defensive and offensive weapons were on the sideline the entire Tech game...Orakpo and Cosby...not to mention Roy Miller and our TE. But that would be stooping to your level if I claimed that...right???

mojohornfan
11/25/2008, 10:19 AM
That, Losing Austin English and Demarco not running to full potential. Otherwise I believe a totally different game...

But you know, we lost. But won't Mack whine is he misses the Big 12 champ game or has to play us for the MNC.

Stoops has been whining ever since Saturday night...

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, we all read that article.

Plagiarist.

You can read, good first step. How about comprehending?

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2008, 10:29 AM

I know that you are loyal to Sears when it comes to suits, but you should try Men's Warehouse. The salesmen there are well trained and treat you like a million bucks.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2008, 10:34 AM
[quote=GreaterState;2500238]Let's ask Lendy ... when he regains consciousness, that is. :D /quote]

You stole that from an LSU guy? For shame. Good one though!

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2008, 10:41 AM
Insightful, original analysis.

Remember posting this to a guy comment on your plagiarism? Who are you trying to kid, Golfer? That's just stupid. Nice original analysis??? After you just copy and pasted? Dude. Pathetic.

Anyway, since we are still rattling on about this, the game could have easily been OUs. texas got a lot of lucky calls. Still the game play of texas in the 4th qtr was awesome and you won. Goody for you.

I still reserve the right to say:

Suck.

It.

sooner518
11/25/2008, 10:59 AM
this thread blows chunks.

We lost. Texas beat us that day.
Texas lost. Tech beat them that day.
Tech lost. We beat them that day.

I say we settle this with a battle to the death between Leach, Stoops and Mack.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/25/2008, 11:02 AM
Celebrity Death Match?

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 11:04 AM
Remember posting this to a guy comment on your plagiarism? Who are you trying to kid, Golfer? That's just stupid. Nice original analysis??? After you just copy and pasted? Dude. Pathetic.

Anyway, since we are still rattling on about this, the game could have easily been OUs. texas got a lot of lucky calls. Still the game play of texas in the 4th qtr was awesome and you won. Goody for you.

I still reserve the right to say:

Suck.

It.

Lucky calls...you forgot acting by McCoy, injury to RR, DeMarco not running with passion, interception/non-interception...did I miss any? Get over it...you lost the game, when it mattered most, in the 4th quarter.

bluedogok
11/25/2008, 11:27 AM
Get over it...you lost the game, when it mattered most, in the 4th quarter.
Yep, just like you did against Tech.......

stoopified
11/25/2008, 11:48 AM
All else aside the Vomit Orange Cows are screwed.If we lose to T.BS UT watches TT play for the Big 12 title,If we wqin UT watches the Sooners play for the Big 12 title and then the national title.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2008, 11:50 AM
Lucky calls...you forgot acting by McCoy, injury to RR, DeMarco not running with passion, interception/non-interception...did I miss any? Get over it...you lost the game, when it mattered most, in the 4th quarter.

It's a message board about football, dummy. I'll get over it when a message board doesn't exist.

That's what you do on these things. You talk about football. You post your opinions... or in your case, copy and paste other people's opinions and try to pass them off as your own.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2008, 11:52 AM
...and for the record, OF COURSE you have a gripe. I would be talking up my team if I were you. They need a playoff.

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 12:06 PM
It's a message board about football, dummy. I'll get over it when a message board doesn't exist.

That's what you do on these things. You talk about football. You post your opinions... or in your case, copy and paste other people's opinions and try to pass them off as your own.

Think I forgot failure to cover kick-offs, Venables, and inability to cover the white guy. That should do it, right?

TopDawg
11/25/2008, 12:10 PM
What about inability of a defender to catch a pass that hits him between the numbers. He does that and you'd be over on hornfans celebrating a Big XII Championship berth with your buddies instead of over here trying to convince yourself you belong.

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 12:11 PM
...and for the record, OF COURSE you have a gripe. I would be talking up my team if I were you. They need a playoff.

Here's hoping that we can count a playoff as one of Obama's accomplishments.

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 12:12 PM
What about inability of a defender to catch a pass that hits him between the numbers. He does that and you'd be over on hornfans celebrating a Big XII Championship berth with your buddies instead of over here trying to convince yourself you belong.

I presume you know how to use your keyboard and mouse, right? Go find all my posts about woulda, coulda, shoulda, almost that I posted regarding losing to Tech. We lost. Period. End of story. I'll be waiting.

8timechamps
11/25/2008, 12:15 PM
Poor texas fan. They aren't going to be Big XII champs, and they know it.

I LOVE IT!

Hey horn fans...you beat us, and WE STILL GET TO GO TO THE BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (THEN THE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP). I BET THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TopDawg
11/25/2008, 12:19 PM
I presume you know how to use your keyboard and mouse, right? Go find all my posts about woulda, coulda, shoulda, almost that I posted regarding losing to Tech. We lost. Period. End of story. I'll be waiting.

So you're on Soonerfans to tell us that you lost to Tech?

We know that.

You may leave.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2008, 12:22 PM
Think I forgot failure to cover kick-offs, Venables, and inability to cover the white guy. That should do it, right?

See. It was all those gadget plays. You used a white guy that was fast and can catch. That's not football.

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 12:22 PM

We know that.

You may leave.

Just a different approach...no whining, moaning, complaining, blaming everyone else. I know its a foreign concept for you...but you might try it sometime.

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 12:23 PM
See. It was all those gadget plays. You used a white guy that was fast and can catch. That's not football.

OK...that was funny!

8timechamps
11/25/2008, 12:24 PM

We know that.

You may leave.

You have to understand, the texas fans are lost right now. They know it's over for them, and they have no place to turn. Sad, really.

Jason White's Third Knee

You couldn't find an article to copy and paste on the tech game? Hmmph.

8timechamps
but you might try it sometime.

I think that was Stoops' advice to McBrown about beating Tech.

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 12:25 PM
You couldn't find an article to copy and paste on the tech game? Hmmph.

Was looking for your original work...but it doesn't exist either.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2008, 12:26 PM
OK...that was funny!
\

I have my moments. Usually gets me called a racist though.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2008, 12:27 PM
Was looking for your original work...but it doesn't exist either.

All of my bitching is 100% me.

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 12:29 PM
All of my bitching is 100% me.

As is mine...except for use of a few stats...which we all use...you included.

soonermix
11/25/2008, 12:31 PM
my question is why oh why is everybody completely dismissing tech in this discussion.
we beat them (badly) and all of the sudden everybody calls for head to head match up between the other two to decide it.

why don't they go for "Who had the best win"

and as for this little nugget....

does this number include texas a&m in their number and osu in ours?

does it go on to say that we have cinncinati and tcu vs their arkansas and utep for the ooc games?

just throwing that out there

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2008, 12:32 PM
As is mine...except for use of a few stats...which we all use...you included.

Don't make me of compare that article now. Don't make me do it!

I am tired of picking on texas anyway. It was a good game. I still hate the weirdness of it, but whatever. It's a great season for both teams.

TopDawg
11/25/2008, 12:39 PM
Just a different approach...no whining, moaning, complaining, blaming everyone else. I know its a foreign concept for you...but you might try it sometime.

You've been whining a little about the emphasis on style points.

You've been complaining that OU's loss should count for more because it came on a neutral site.

I'm not saying you're alone. We all have our reasons for wanting our team in there and like it's been said hundreds of times before, we'd be saying what you're saying (and vice versa) if the roles were reversed.

Just don't pretend like you're above the fray...not whining or complaining or whatever. You think that where the game takes place (neutral site) should count more toward an "all else is equal tiebreaker" than the magnitude of the thrashing (44 points). You're just whining about different things.

bluedogok
11/25/2008, 12:43 PM
You have to understand, the texas fans are lost right now. They know it's over for them, and they have no place to turn. Sad, really.
I know, I see it daily down here. I have told them the same thing that I have said here, win the games and none of it comes up, lose and it is up to outside forces. In my mind if UT goes, good for them, I can't complain because OU lost.

What is funny is the Tech fans response to it, knowing that almost anyway it goes, UT is left out. If OSU wins, Tech goes, if OU wins they more than likely jump UT and go. One them replied, "it's a win-win situation for us".

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 01:00 PM
You've been whining a little about the emphasis on style points.

You've been complaining that OU's loss should count for more because it came on a neutral site.

I'm not saying you're alone. We all have our reasons for wanting our team in there and like it's been said hundreds of times before, we'd be saying what you're saying (and vice versa) if the roles were reversed.

Just don't pretend like you're above the fray...not whining or complaining or whatever. You think that where the game takes place (neutral site) should count more toward an "all else is equal tiebreaker" than the magnitude of the thrashing (44 points). You're just whining about different things.

I'm definitley not above the fray...rolling around in it constantly! But your inability to find a post where I'm making excuses for the Tech loss proves my original point. As for whining and complaining about neutral field, style points, etc....you are right on as you would be making my argument if the shoe was on the other foot. We lost to Tech late and that sucks but the system is what it is and we suffer because of it. If we had won on the field we would have nothing to bitch about. But if that were the case where would fun be in all of this!

My Opinion Matters
11/25/2008, 01:24 PM

I'm sorry, I couldn't let this one go. Do you even understand your own convoluted logic? So what you're saying is Texas Tech > UT.

Yeah, we knew that already.

UTgolfer
11/25/2008, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=Stoop Dawg;2499288If you want to compare losses - OU lost to the #2 team in the BCS and UT lost to the #7 team. OU's loss is to a better team.

Based on the above Texas>OU....settled, end of story.

TopDawg
11/25/2008, 02:26 PM
I'm definitley not above the fray...rolling around in it constantly! But your inability to find a post where I'm making excuses for the Tech loss proves my original point.

You're not making excuses by saying "we lost it because" but you are making excuses by saying "it's not as important because" and then using your road game logic.

I'm not saying the logic doesn't hold any water. There should be some consideration given to the fact that we're the only team that lost at a neutral site. But consideration should also be given to the fact that we're the only team to blow out one of the teams in the discussion.

After watching the OU/Texas and Texas/Texas Tech games, most observers would get the sense that if those teams played 10 games, they'd be split 5-5. You certainly did not get that feel after the OU/Texas Tech game.

It's not the ultimate argument, defeater of all others...but it's just as valid as a neutral site argument and, in my mind, by virtue of it happening more recently it's a better indicator of which of those three teams should be the south's representative.

NCAAISAJOKE
11/25/2008, 02:30 PM

Don't forget all the mental errors we made in that game that kept drives alive. We had 2 encroachment calls on 3rd downs that kept drives alive. They scored on both. No doubt in my mind if OU plays their best and Texas plays their best, OU wins. I hope we get another shot at them.

Stoop Dawg
11/25/2008, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Stoop Dawg;2499288If you want to compare losses - OU lost to the #2 team in the BCS and UT lost to the #7 team. OU's loss is to a better team.

Based on the above Texas>OU....settled, end of story.

Based on my quote Texas > TTech.

bosworthsteroidmafia
11/26/2008, 05:06 PM

As Soonermix pointed out, the most misleading thing about that article is the opponents' record stat - how many ranked teams did Texas beat in their OOC schedule? OU's wins over TCU and Cinci have proven to be quality and will make a difference.

None of the big 4 teams have lost at home, and an OU win over OSU would be the first and the best road win of anybody.

Tech was ranked higher when we beat them.

Texas did win Red River, but as it's been mentioned ad nauseum, a 3-way tie defers to the BCS rankings. This renders the head-to-head win a smaller factor, not a deciding one.

Anyway you slice it, Texas knows that they are going to be watching either OU or Tech in the Big XII CG.

SMELLS LIKE '06!

GreaterState
11/26/2008, 06:25 PM
As Soonermix pointed out, the most misleading thing about that article is the opponents' record stat - how many ranked teams did Texas beat in their OOC schedule? OU's wins over TCU and Cinci have proven to be quality and will make a difference.

Ah yes, nobody else could have routed Cincy by 24 ... unless it was UConn, who did. Did basketball season start early?

It has to be tough in the Big East trying to make a noncon schedule that is weaker than the conference schedule.

Keep bringing up this bogus argument. The only zone where people think OU played tougher teams is the reality distortion zone here.

Tech was ranked higher when we beat them.

And nobody was ranked higher than OU when Texas beat them ... were you overrated?

Harry Beanbag
11/26/2008, 11:01 PM
It has to be tough in the Big East trying to make a noncon schedule that is weaker than the conference schedule.

Couldn't be that tough, Texas managed to do it.

SoonerShark
11/27/2008, 01:34 AM

We played.
You lost.

The last two years was A&M better than Texas for the season? Was K-State better than Texas overall? Was Standford better than USC last year? If the K-State and A&M games were the fluke, then consider that UT was OU's A&M and K-State or Stanford this year. The best team on a day is not always the best team for a season.

Oklahoma has averaged 46 points a game in first half the last month. Nobody else has ever dominated like that. I do not know if the team can keep it up since the next game and maybe two will be in sub-40 degree weather at night, but it is impressive. The Sooners only problem is that they are outscored by lesser teams in the fourth quarter, probably since they have no practice in teams being near enough for it to matter other than in a fluke situation this year.

Demarco Murray was still rehabbing, albeit playing. Now the best team wears crimson. And it turns out that UT is our Aggie, our Wildcat, our Cardinal, our fly in the ointment, our fluke. Honk 'em, Wildcats!

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2008, 01:59 AM

No, the most misleading thing is that it compares OU and UT, when in fact there are three teams in the mix.

The easiest way to settle this issue is for OU to let UT and Tech fans argue over which is the best. Then once that is settled, OU could argue with the winner.

Or, UT should let OU and Tech argue which is the better team, then take on the winner. Or, Tech should let OU and UT argue which is better, then take on the winner. Using Horn logic, Tech is better than both OU and UT. (After all, if Tech > UT and UT > OU, then Tech > OU.)

In a situation where A beats B, who beats C, who beats A, Team A will always try to turn the argument into "Team A versus Team B." Horn fans are doing this and some of you are falling for it.

With three teams tied with identical records, you can't just conveniently separate two of them and let them argue it out. All three teams have to be included in the mix. And when they are, nothing clear comes of it.

GreaterState
11/27/2008, 02:05 AM
The last two years was A&M better than Texas for the season? Was K-State better than Texas overall? Was Standford better than USC last year?

... Were any of those teams deadlocked at 10-1 as two of the best teams in the country?

Vaevictis
11/27/2008, 02:16 AM
... Were any of those teams deadlocked at 10-1 as two of the best teams in the country?

Dodge. The answer is very obviously 'No.'

GreaterState
11/27/2008, 02:23 AM
Dodge.

If the point of the question and the thread is "Was it a fluke?" then my question is laser-focused on that point. Texas isn't A&M, Stanford or any other also-ran; they're the team that is spending Thanksgiving holding the BCS spot you want. Some fluke.

Sirus
11/27/2008, 03:01 AM

We played.
You lost.

Jesus is blue?:eek:

Vaevictis
11/27/2008, 03:15 AM
If the point of the question and the thread is "Was it a fluke?" then my question is laser-focused on that point. Texas isn't A&M, Stanford or any other also-ran; they're the team that is spending Thanksgiving holding the BCS spot you want. Some fluke.

The point of the question is to call attention to the fact that head-to-head doesn't tell you everything you need to know. It tells you who was the better team for a duration of four quarters on a specific day.

If you go just by the head-to-head, clearly KSU and TAMU were the better team last year.

But they weren't. They were just better for four quarters on a specific day. Over the course of the season, UT was clearly the better team. That is to say, the KSU/TAMU losses were to some extent 'flukes.'

This isn't to say that head-to-head is meaningless, just that once you start really looking at the teams and trying to decide which team is the better team -- not just which has the better record -- the head-to-head is a rather noisy point in time measurement of a time series data stream, and if you go just by the head-to-head, you're going to get erroneous results on a fairly frequent basis.

Vaevictis
11/27/2008, 03:17 AM
Which is not to say I wouldn't be screaming HEAD TO HEAD also if the situation were reversed.

When you're debating, you bring whichever set of facts is most likely to carry the day. In your case, it's the head-to-head and Missouri. In our case, it's the fact that we prison raped a team that beat you, we lead you for most of the game and only lost the lead when our very important MLB was taken out of the game, and our non-conference schedule is stronger than yours (despite your incorrect protestations.)

Sirus
11/27/2008, 03:22 AM
here's the deal whorns.

We win at stoolwater, your out cuz we just beat another ranked team while you play the unranked sand aggy.

We lose against the sheepfckers( as if), then t-tech gets the nod cuz they beat you...head to head as you like to say.

So, in conclusion,this is a losing situation for ya.

GreaterState
11/27/2008, 03:40 AM
The point of the question is to call attention to the fact that head-to-head doesn't tell you everything you need to know. It tells you who was the better team for a duration of four quarters on a specific day.

If you go just by the head-to-head, clearly KSU and TAMU were the better team last year.

But they weren't. They were just better for four quarters on a specific day. Over the course of the season, UT was clearly the better team. That is to say, the KSU/TAMU losses were to some extent 'flukes.'

:rolleyes: Oh good God. If you can't even be persuaded that teams can be compared within the confines of a season, then maybe we should throw darts at a 120-team board to pick the title game since on a given Saturday a win could be a fluke.

Go make a convoluted we-beat-them-and-they-beat-you case if you like but for as long as someone wants to think losing to Texas was a fluke, we'll be there to remind them about this great way of determining which of two teams wins a game, called "scores." You had a chance to prove yourselves better, you got beat, you LOSE, good DAY sir.

GreaterState
11/27/2008, 03:50 AM
and only lost the lead when our very important MLB was taken out of the game

:mad: And of the laundry list of lame excuses that Lid pointed out, this legend of "Ryan Reynolds, defensive demigod" is the worst. Texas scored 20 points with him right in the middle of the field and 25 after, and was throwing right at him starting with its second pass of the game (a completion to Shipley, whoda thunk it). UT had key injuries going into the game as well; maybe the score was the fluke and the "actual" score was 51-28 Texas. :rolleyes:

Vaevictis
11/27/2008, 03:55 AM
:rolleyes: Oh good God. If you can't even be persuaded that teams can be compared within the confines of a season, then maybe we should throw darts at a 120-team board to pick the title game since on a given Saturday a win could be a fluke.

We're talking about a general principle here, bud. If the head-to-head is what matters, then clearly KSU and TAMU were better teams than UT last year.

Hell, it means that TTU is the better team this year and should go to the CCG over Texas, right? Right? Right?

But I sure as hell don't see you making that argument, do I? Why? Because when you have a cluster**** like the one we're currently in, basing things off of head-to-head results in a non-sensical situation where you can't rank any team above the other.

Go make a convoluted we-beat-them-and-they-beat-you case if you like but for as long as someone wants to think losing to Texas was a fluke, we'll be there to remind them about this great way of determining which of two teams wins a game, called "scores." You had a chance to prove yourselves better, you got beat, you LOSE, good DAY sir.

Note the bold. You are correct -- it determines which team wins the game. As in, who played better over four quarters on a given day. Not which team is the better team over the course of the season or right now -- which is what the voters and computers are concerned with.

As far as having a chance to prove ourselves better -- well, you had it too. You were doing it, right until your guys ****ed the dog, dropped a gimme-interception and failed to tackle Crabtree in double-coverage and let him waltz into the end-zone instead. Instead, you're in this cluster-**** of a three way tie where you can no longer rely on just the head to head. Win your games and there's no question.

Vaevictis
11/27/2008, 03:57 AM
:mad: And of the laundry list of lame excuses that Lid pointed out, this legend of "Ryan Reynolds, defensive demigod" is the worst. Texas scored 20 points with him right in the middle of the field and 25 after, and was throwing right at him starting with its second pass of the game (a completion to Shipley, whoda thunk it). UT had key injuries going into the game as well; maybe the score was the fluke and the "actual" score was 51-28 Texas. :rolleyes:

Aw, are you annoyed?

Beat Tech and you don't have to deal with this.

Vaevictis
11/27/2008, 03:59 AM
Anyway, I don't know why you're arguing about this.

Aggie is going to knock Colt McCoy the **** out and win anyway.

GreaterState
11/27/2008, 04:14 AM
We're talking about a general principle here, bud.

If you want to make arguments for why OU should go to the CCG and you want to talk about the conference's fourth tiebreaker, that's well and good. There are another 30+ threads here doing that. It's when you extend the argument into this thread, to "Texas beat us a fluke ZOMG they suck worse than us and we wanted them to win and our dude clearly country's best LB got hurt and refs are paid" that it gets totally indefensible. I suppose on some bizarro worlds, Sooners win if they win, and win if they lose.

As far as having a chance to prove ourselves better -- well, you had it too.

Though I am loving how you guys have become the biggest Tech fans in the world, analyzing our matchups against Crabtree and Harrell and such. Again, the three-way tie is interesting, and relevant for figuring out who gets a trip to KC, but for who's better between us, a lot of you are going with:

We solidly beat Tech and they beat UT

whereas UT fans --

We solidly beat, er, you.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2008, 04:42 AM
Though I am loving how you guys have become the biggest Tech fans in the world, analyzing our matchups against Crabtree and Harrell and such.

Tech certainly serves our purpose, so we'll use them.

Again, the three-way tie is interesting, and relevant for figuring out who gets a trip to KC, but for who's better between us, a lot of you are going with:

* We solidly beat Tech and they beat UT

whereas UT fans --

* We solidly beat, er, you.

So how do you convince Tech fans that the Horns are better than the Zorros?

Do you plan to extend your logic to them as well and be willing to step aside and let them play for the national title? After all, they seem to be more deserving than you. Same record, and they own the head-to-head.

BTW, we didn't just solidly beat Tech, we crushed their innards and backed up over the remains. The same team that beat you only two weeks prior.

In the eyes of some voters, how good could you really be if you got beat by a team that, only two weeks later, was made to look like an NAIA team by halftime? Like it or not, that is how some are perceiving it and you would have a hard time explaining it away.

Me thinks that this whole argument will be moot by the results of at least one of the upcoming games.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2008, 04:50 AM
And of the laundry list of lame excuses that Lid pointed out, this legend of "Ryan Reynolds, defensive demigod" is the worst. Texas scored 20 points with him right in the middle of the field and 25 after

Reynolds was injured in the third quarter, so Texas' scoring rate went up after he left the game.

The Longhorns, who battled back from deficits of 14-3, 21-10 and 28-20, had more success moving the ball after Reynolds was injured.

http://areyouwatchingthis.com/ncaaf/games/78348