PDA

View Full Version : Here is what will happen

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2008, 10:57 AM
We are banking on all three teams (OU, UT, and Tech) winning next week. Won't happen.

1. The chance that OU will end up having the whole we-crushed-Tech argument bite it in the *** is great. When teams crow too much about their place in the polls, they lose. Karma.

2. The chance that UT will end up having the whole head-to-head argument bite it in the *** is also great. When teams whine about polls, they lose. Karma.

3. The chance that Tech is so completely deflated they will lose to Baylor is great. (In which case the media will claim that Bob hurt his own team by "running up the score" on Tech.)

All three teams have a good chance of losing simply from a lack of focus. I doubt all three will win.

If Tech loses, we're screwed. If OU loses, we're screwed. Therefore, UT has the better probability of playing for it all.

You may now commence firing.

Knippz
11/24/2008, 11:05 AM
Tech won't lose to Baylor. Not going to happen. Leach won't let it happen.

We won't lose to OSU. We have our swagger back. Did you watch the game?

Texas won't lose. Revenge is sweet. Tech learned that. And even if they do lose...AWESOME!

stoopified
11/24/2008, 11:09 AM
Tech won't lose to Baylor. Not going to happen. Leach won't let it happen.

We won't lose to OSU. We have our swagger back. Did you watch the game?

Texas won't lose. Revenge is sweet. Tech learned that. And even if they do lose...AWESOME!Yeah,what the rookie said.

The Maestro
11/24/2008, 11:11 AM
We are banking on all three teams (OU, UT, and Tech) winning next week. Won't happen.

Sorry...you lost me here. All three teams are 10-1. Each of the losses came to one of the other teams. Since they aren't playing each other the likliehood of a loss is almost non-existent. And, plus, the team with the best chance of losing is us.

SoonersEnFuego
11/24/2008, 11:11 AM
I don't see a lot of whining about the polls because we know if we roll OSU, we will end up in the right place. There's no use whining when you can still do something about it.

My Opinion Matters
11/24/2008, 11:12 AM
Guys, there's a reason they play the games.

Blues1
11/24/2008, 11:13 AM
I do have a FEELING Something Strange Will Happen this Week ....What..? - I don't know - Maybe It's Auburn & Bama -- ? or Florida vs Florida State --

Anybody Remember When I picked A&M over Texas Last Year -- ?
I could feel it in My Bones --- Maybe it Will come to me ... ? - :)

Still R'

My Opinion Matters
11/24/2008, 11:17 AM
I do have a FEELING Something Strange Will Happen this Week ....What..? - I don't know - Maybe It's Auburn & Bama -- ? or Florida vs Florida State --

Anybody Remember When I picked A&M over Texas Last Year -- ?
I could feel it in My Bones --- Maybe it Will come to me ... ? - :)

Still R'

I don't hear much discussion about that Bama/Auburn matchup. I find that interesting. If Bama loses that game things will get even more complicated should OU/TX/FLA all take care of business.

Knippz
11/24/2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah,what the rookie said.

Rookie on the board man. I've been a long time fan, and very knowledgable. I just jumped on the board recently. So I understand if some people take me lightly. :)

Aries
11/24/2008, 11:21 AM
So if all THREE teams lose, are we in a tie again?

:-)

Blues1
11/24/2008, 11:24 AM

Now That is Original Thinking --- :D

TheUnnamedSooner
11/24/2008, 11:28 AM
4 way tie it will be.

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2008, 11:28 AM

Yep, in a tie for the privilege of watching USC in the title game :(

Kels
11/24/2008, 11:31 AM

1. The chance that OU will end up having the whole we-crushed-Tech argument bite it in the *** is great. When teams crow too much about their place in the polls, they lose. Karma.

2. The chance that UT will end up having the whole head-to-head argument bite it in the *** is also great. When teams whine about polls, they lose. Karma.

3. The chance that Tech is so completely deflated they will lose to Baylor is great. (In which case the media will claim that Bob hurt his own team by "running up the score" on Tech.)

All three teams have a good chance of losing simply from a lack of focus. I doubt all three will win.

If Tech loses, we're screwed. If OU loses, we're screwed. Therefore, UT has the better probability of playing for it all.

Karma is a joke, and so is this post.

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2008, 11:32 AM
Sorry...you lost me here. All three teams are 10-1. Each of the losses came to one of the other teams. Since they aren't playing each other the likliehood of a loss is almost non-existent. And, plus, the team with the best chance of losing is us.

I actually disagree - I think a Baylor upset is more likely than our losing. Baylor took Mizzou to the wire and held that spread attack to 31 pts. Combine that with what TT mental state must be right now and it's a bit worrisome. I'm very happy the game is in Lubbock. Maybe we should ask Sooner fans in the Lubbock area to buy up the Baylor tickets and show up with cowbells !

The Maestro
11/24/2008, 11:39 AM
So you think there is a better chance of Baylor winning in Lubbock than us losing in Stillwater?

Man, I thought I had crimson colored glasses! :)

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2008, 12:18 PM
So you think there is a better chance of Baylor winning in Lubbock than us losing in Stillwater?

Man, I thought I had crimson colored glasses! :)

Yep, but I don't see either as likely. Baylor has continued to improve all year and has become "pesky".

It could be a system thing and it was only 1 game - but TT scored *7 TDs in a row* against the OSU defense. The reason is that they could generate zero pressure on Harrell and he sometimes had 5+ seconds to find a receiver. If Sam gets that much time, it should be a similar result. OSU did run the ball pretty well, but time of possession and field position don't mean squat it the other team scores every time. But it is bedlam, so who knows.

kangsta
11/24/2008, 12:38 PM
as a Horn i'd love for that to happen but i just don't see it

XFollower
11/24/2008, 12:55 PM
I think you've been watching too much "My Name is Earl". If karma is your basis for life, you have bigger troubles than the BCS scenario.

daddywarbucks
11/24/2008, 01:10 PM
So What will you give me Moneyline on these three games? 800-k? 1-1?

I will put a K on each if your down...

birddog
11/24/2008, 02:11 PM
lizard is just terrified of the idea of losing the "pageantry" of the bowl games by this cluster **** of a bcs turning into a playoff format.

olevetonahill
11/24/2008, 02:18 PM

In the Immortal words Of . OPENACAN , Does it hurt to be this stupid ?

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2008, 02:28 PM
I only invoked the karma once before, when we were getting ready to play West Virginia. Since OU lost, that is PROOF that karma runs college football.

By the way, I didn't say there was a high probability that all three would occur, only that at least one would occur.