PDA

View Full Version : Jihaad!

Okla-homey
11/24/2008, 08:13 AM
Fact: this nationally syndicated radio guy in Birmingham (Rick Burgess), this morning, told his audience it was "bush league" to leave Sam in after the first half vs. TT to "run up the score." Moreover, throwing to the end-zone after the first half was "classless." I heard it.

#1: "style points" matter nowadays
#2: How in the name of all that's holy does Bradford factor in the Heisman hunt if he only plays two quarters per game?

let him feel OUr love at:

[email protected]

85Sooner
11/24/2008, 09:46 AM
Hey dipwhit, don't believe that a team like tech can put up 29 points in a quarter? When you have a great team down you have to continue pushing. Playing a prevent O and D only prevents you from winning. How about bitching about colt mccoy in during the fourth qtr blowout of Mighty Baylor.

Viking Kitten
11/24/2008, 10:06 AM
Honestly, who gives a **** what some d-bag radio commentator has to say? These guys get paid to sit on their fat a**es and run their mouths for hours at a time, and the more controversial it is the better because that generates ratings.

These dudes are just big ol' fat windbags in love with the sound of their own voice. You guys know they are in that little booth farting and scratching their butts a lot, right? And that's just about as interesting as anything they have to say.

Good Lord, I turned it over to the Sports Animal one day last week, trying to get some analysis before the Tech game, and Traber was going on an on about his custody battle. His CUSTODY BATTLE. Why in the hell does he think anyone besides him gives a crap about that? Because radio guys are self-absorbed narcissistic pigs, that's why.

Seriously, the best thing you can do is learn to ignore tools like this Birmingham guy.

Scott D
11/24/2008, 10:33 AM
ok wait, are you honestly suggesting we show outrage on a hack morning radio guy on a sorry *** show named Rick & Bubba who broadcasts in the heart of "We have to obligatorily schedule the Citadel because we're soooo hard Conference." land. I think I'm going to pass.

Okla-homey
11/24/2008, 10:36 AM
Honestly, who gives a **** what some d-bag radio commentator has to say? These guys get paid to sit on their fat a**es and run their mouths for hours at a time, and the more controversial it is the better because that generates ratings.

These dudes are just big ol' fat windbags in love with the sound of their own voice. You guys know they are in that little booth farting and scratching their butts a lot, right? And that's just about as interesting as anything they have to say.

Good Lord, I turned it over to the Sports Animal one day last week, trying to get some analysis before the Tech game, and Traber was going on an on about his custody battle. His CUSTODY BATTLE. Why in the hell does he think anyone besides him gives a crap about that? Because radio guys are self-absorbed narcissistic pigs, that's why.

Seriously, the best thing you can do is learn to ignore tools like this Birmingham guy.

I feel ya my sistuh, but this guy is one radio d00d who actually played college ball, albiet at Troy. His father is a retired college coach at Jacksonville State in Alabama -- a D-II powerhouse back in the day when his dad was coaching. Thus, he speaks to his audience w/a certain degree of cred.

Viking Kitten
11/24/2008, 11:10 AM
I bet he still farts in the booth though.

Scott D
11/24/2008, 11:14 AM
I feel ya my sistuh, but this guy is one radio d00d who actually played college ball, albiet at Troy. His father is a retired college coach at Jacksonville State in Alabama -- a D-II powerhouse back in the day when his dad was coaching. Thus, he speaks to his audience w/a certain degree of cred.

and if Jim Traber talks about what it is to be a mediocre minor leaguer who had a better career in Japan then he's speaking to his audience w/a certain degree of cred. When he talks football he's talking out of his ***.

soonerbrat
11/24/2008, 11:17 AM
whatever. who cares? Certainly not me..it's not like we were picking on some poor little podunk team from boonswaggle north dakota...we were playing the NUMBER TWO TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

JohnnyMack
11/24/2008, 11:21 AM
and if Jim Traber talks about what it is to be a mediocre minor leaguer who had a better career in Japan then he's speaking to his audience w/a certain degree of cred. When he talks football he's talking out of his ***.

IBTheJimTraberVideo

Veritas
11/24/2008, 11:26 AM
Anybody who whines about score-running-up needs to have their man card suspended for a while.

Scott D
11/24/2008, 03:04 PM
Anybody who whines about score-running-up needs to have their man card suspended for a while.

sir, Michael L u p i c a never had a man card to get suspended.

soonerbrat
11/24/2008, 03:08 PM
sir, Michael L u p i c a never had a man card to get suspended.

i don't even think that guy has a man card

Tulsa_Fireman
11/24/2008, 09:58 PM

That ain't the only thing he's missing.

SicEmBaylor
11/24/2008, 11:36 PM
I have a lot of friends at Tech, and I haven't heard any of them bitch about OU running up the score. I've asked them about it and they have universally said the same thing, "It's up to our defense to stop OU from scoring."

Tech and Leach don't accept the premise that running up the score is classless, and I happen to agree with them. I've never really cared about teams running the score up on us in the sense that they keep trying to score instead of falling face down on the dirt to prevent it (ala OU/Aggie's 77-0 game). The only time I get pissed at a blowout (and I've been through a lot folks so I'm an authority on the subject) is when they do something like call a timeout with 10 seconds left to score another TD instead of running the clock out. Aside from that, it's our fault that we didn't stop them.

I'm pretty sure most Tech people feel the same way. This guy doesn't understand Tech or Big XII culture.

Scott D
11/25/2008, 12:02 PM

that's what I said woman. :)

Sooner_Bob
11/25/2008, 12:30 PM
If anyone thinks Tech wouldn't have done the exact same thing to OU they are clueless.

But who are we to blame this guy? He doesn't know what an offense is . . . especially since the SEC plays such magnificent defense.

Scott D
11/25/2008, 01:07 PM
what is sad are his email replies to the tools that followed Homey's advice on the football forum.

TUSooner
11/25/2008, 05:30 PM
The guy must not have seen OUr Defense in action in some of OUr previous games. I was biting my nails until we hit 60 ! :D

Animal Mother
11/25/2008, 10:46 PM
He missed the exit to Perkins on the way home from the sheep barn at TBooniewhacker State and ended up in Bama. Same difference.