PDA

View Full Version : Jihaad!

Okla-homey
11/24/2008, 08:12 AM
Fact: this nationally syndicated radio guy in Birmingham (Rick Burgess), this morning, told his audience it was "bush league" to leave Sam in after the first half vs. TT to "run up the score." Moreover, throwing to the end-zone after the first half was "classless." I heard it.

#1: "style points" matter nowadays
#2: How in the name of all that's holy does Bradford factor in the Heisman hunt if he only plays two quarters per game?

let him feel OUr love at:

[email protected]

OUTrumpet
11/24/2008, 09:30 AM
I thought this would come up at the game. My response - how do you run it up on the #2 team in the country?

BornandBred
11/24/2008, 09:35 AM
I thought this would come up at the game. My response - how do you run it up on the #2 team in the country?

By being the #1 team in the country?

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 09:38 AM
Obviously this dude knows nothing about Tech. I didn't feel comfortable with that score at the half... Tech can come back from damned near anything. Same with osu.

We need to hang 50-60 on them in the first half if they want me to stop drinkin'.

Oh, and that guy is a dip ****. I get his point, but having the style points is what is getting OU back in the picture.

yermom
11/24/2008, 09:46 AM
style points or no, it wasn't til we hit about 45 that i was comfortable

Leach is crazy, and they have come back from 30+ points to win before...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=263630135

if we would have thought about it, we would have been at that game

OUDoc
11/24/2008, 09:46 AM
That's why he's just a (syndicated) radio guy in Birmingham.

Hot Rod
11/24/2008, 09:56 AM
Did he bother to mention the fact that Florida ran up 70 on the mighty Citadel?

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 09:58 AM
Leach is the first one to tell you that he'll score till the very end.

bri
11/24/2008, 10:06 AM
While we're thirsting for the blood of the infidel swine, here's a tasty nugget from the The Sporting Blog (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/14984/the_alphabetical_college_football,_week_13) on the Sporting News website:

B is for Bed lamb. The mauling of Texas Tech in Norman turns bed lamb loose on the Big 12 side of the national title picture. With a three-way tie in the Big 12 South, the tiebreaker goes to the team with the best BCS rating. Two-thirds of that begins with the polls, which begins with the voters, which explains why Mack Brown was on ESPN’s Gameday launching his charm-offensive schmoozing with Corso & Co.

Bed lamb also applies in another way. The Bed lamb Game next week in Stillwater could muddy the picture further should Oklahoma State beat the Sooners, which it will, because that would make things more confusing, and because that is what this system is designed for. Utter and complete confusion.

Enjoy.

Collier11
11/24/2008, 10:11 AM
Has this guy not seen the bowl games where Tech came back from like 30 down to win?

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2008, 10:43 AM
If OU misses the field goal (somewhat possibe) and Tech comes back to score a TD, the crowd gets taken out of it and Tech is back in business. And no team in the country is better equipped than Tech to come back from a huge deficit. Especially considering how flat OU has been in the third quarter.

No team should ever pull its starters until the fourth quarter, IMO.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/24/2008, 10:45 AM
Has this guy not seen the bowl games where Tech came back from like 30 down to win?Do you think he wouldn't want his Bammers to play OU in a bowl?

Pricetag
11/24/2008, 10:47 AM
Not a fan of the term, but does that blog dude really think it's spelled that way, or was it some kind of shot at OSU?

Collier11
Unless he wants to see a repeat performance of saturday

SOFSooner
Make it a Crusade and I will agree, no Jihad for me.

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2008, 10:51 AM
You need to respect your opponent in big time college ball. Against Chatty, that means pulling the starters at halftime. Against #2 and undefeated TT, that means respecting their skill and ability to score quickly and continuing to play the game. Just look at that last drive. They went 99yds and we still had some starters in the mix on D and I guarantee we didn't want them to score there. I don't think you'll hear Leach whining.

Dan Thompson
11/24/2008, 10:52 AM
Look where the guy is broadcasting from ALABAMA, what else needs to be said.

Paperclip
11/24/2008, 12:27 PM
Is that Rick of Rick and Bubba? Those guys are hilarious.

Collier11
11/24/2008, 02:00 PM
I emailed him and asked im if he had ever seen TT play, that they had come back from 30 pt deficits before and we had no choice but to stomp on their throat. This is his reply,

"i hate all spread teams.....this is what it has done to football....it's foolish to leave in starters as long as ou did in this game....bottom line...rick"

OUmillenium
11/24/2008, 02:15 PM
This bozo is actually trashing me back by email. Let him have it guys!

And forward his email to your contacts list.

OUmillenium
11/24/2008, 02:17 PM
Here is his response..."OUmillenium, could you be a bigger loser than to email a talk show host about a comment about your football team that represents a college that you most likely did not even attend.......i think this is the earthworm calling the red fiddler bait....you don't really think a coach keeps his starters in to keep them conditioned? My dad coached high school and college football for 35 years, i do have some idea of what i am talking about....rick"

MojoRisen
11/24/2008, 02:18 PM
He didn't respond to mine-

Rick,

Style Points count more and more these days, being up 42-7 really is not locked up against Tech… Bradford has only played 3 quarters in most all the games this year aside from maybe 2…

He only played in 3 Quarters against Tech - not only that Leach is big about not changing anything on offense- he says himself it is up to the other team to stop you.

OU needed the blow out- look what it did for them in the polls - Leach isn’t pissed – why are you…

bluedogok
11/24/2008, 02:20 PM
"Bed Lamb"? No, that is what Aggy does at night out in the barn.....

As far as the "spread" ruining college football, no that is left up to the Auburns and Mississippi States who have a 3-2 final score.

OUDoc
11/24/2008, 02:21 PM
Emailing him only makes him think people listen to him.

bluedogok
11/24/2008, 02:22 PM
Yep, ignore the morans.....

Just look up the lyrics to the Toby Keith song The Critic, that pretty much says all there is to say about them. Flaming them with email only makes them (and their bosses and advertisers) think they are more important than they actually are.

soonerhubs
11/24/2008, 02:22 PM

I agree. Why give the DJ more credit than he deserves? It's already sad enough that the guy has to base his "wisdom" of the game on his Daddy's experience. How did that work out for Bowden's boys btw?

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 02:40 PM
I emailed him and asked im if he had ever seen TT play, that they had come back from 30 pt deficits before and we had no choice but to stomp on their throat. This is his reply,

"i hate all spread teams.....this is what it has done to football....it's foolish to leave in starters as long as ou did in this game....bottom line...rick"

Spread teams are ruining college football. What a retarded thing to say. Why not bitch about the forward pass?

The BCS takes 2 teams. That's all. If they took 8 and had a play-off, you might see some kinder, gentler scoring. Given that OU HAS to (and can) crush teams to get in to the Championship, they will. Simple.

THAT is the bottom line.

Dork.

OKLA21FAN
11/24/2008, 03:01 PM
using the ole 'you probably didn't over go there' card??????

this guy went to Jacksonville State, so if he wants to use the 'go there' card, what give him the right to comment on D1A football in the first place?

side bar, Jacksonville State University holds the distinction for having the first female score a point Div 1 (football championship subdivision)

:pop:

Paperclip
11/24/2008, 03:08 PM
I'm sorry, but this guy's show is greatness. Yeah, he might have ticked off some Sooners today, but I laugh my head off when I listen to those guys.

vigilantesooner
11/24/2008, 03:22 PM
Emailed him, laid the sarcasm on thick, let's have some fun.

bri
11/24/2008, 03:30 PM
Not a fan of the term, but does that blog dude really think it's spelled that way, or was it some kind of shot at OSU?

No, he spelled it right, but I had to tweak it to sneak it past the board software. :D

Make it a Crusade and I will agree, no Jihad for me.

N00b. Feh.