PDA

View Full Version : yOUr guide to important games this week!

noobalicious
11/24/2008, 03:29 AM
With all the buzz about strength of schedule, and what would help us out, I thought I'd throw together a quick list of games to watch, and who to root for.

Whorns vs. Aggies
Thursday, 7:00 PM CT
Maybe the Aggies finally will stop looking hapless and completely inept (not likely). Oh well...the biggest upset of the season and suddenly the race becomes a lot clearer!

East Carolina vs. UTEP
Friday, 12:00 PM CT
Pull for ECU as UT played UTEP

Arkansas vs. LSU
Friday, 1:30 PM CT
Texas beat Arkansas so pull for LSU. Set to air nationally on CBS.

Nebraska vs. Colorado
Friday, 2:30 PM CT
We are pulling for Nebbish. Simple. We played Neb. UT played Colorado. Should get this on ABC.

Cincinnati vs. Syracuse
Saturday, 11:00 AM CT
Obviously, we want Cincy to win. Hopefully Syracuse will have a let down after beating the domers :rolleyes:

Sand Aggy vs. Baylor
Saturday, TBD
Hopefully Tech decides to get their mojo back and throttles Baylor. If they lose, we have no way into the Big 12 CCG.

Border War: Kansas vs. Mizzou
Saturday, 11:30 AM CT
We are pulling for Kansas in this one. UT and OU both played Kansas, but UT played Mizzou. No matter who wins, it won't impact UT's strength of schedule, but it will help ours if Kansas wins.

Rice vs. Houston
Saturday, 2:30 PM CT
Pull for Houston. UT played Rice. Not a big deal, but every little bit helps.

Florida International vs. Florida Atlantic
Saturday, 3:00 PM CT
Pull for FIU. UT played Florida Atlantic. Not a big deal, but every little bit helps.

Again, the only 3 games that really matter this week are UT-A&M, TT-Bayl, OU-OSU. The rest falls into the "every little bit helps" category.

Blues1
11/24/2008, 03:34 AM
Thanks I Needed That --- :)

Looks Like all those "Little Bits" could be a Pretty Big Bit "IF" it all goes that way...!!!!

tommieharris91
11/24/2008, 03:41 AM
Why are we pulling for Arky? We don't want Texass's opponents to look better...

noobalicious
11/24/2008, 03:48 AM
Why are we pulling for Arky? We don't want Texass's opponents to look better...

3AM brain fart. Fixed. :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/24/2008, 03:57 AM
I already ahd all this figured out, but thanks for posting it. I may need the reference when I'm in a drunken haze!