PDA

View Full Version : OSU will be tough!!!

Red October
11/23/2008, 10:41 PM
As much as I cant stand OSU, this is the most dangerous game of the year for us IMHO. They are going to be more jacked up for us, than we were for TT.

Once again, they will play the role of the little brother who has been picked on for years who is going to knock off the giant, and they will have all the motivation in the world to knock us down. They have nothing to gain but watching us move out of the big VII game, and that is more gratifying to them than anything in the world.

They have an awesome WR, and awesome RB, supported by a very good QB.

We had better prepare and execute better than we did against TT.

josh09
11/23/2008, 10:45 PM
Not to mention anything can happen in dang Stoolwater.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 10:46 PM
If we execute like we did against tech we will win by 30+.

OUr defense just needs to continue to have the F.U.C.K. YOU ATTITUDE.

Just A Visitor Here
11/23/2008, 10:50 PM
They have nothing to gain but watching us move out of the big VII game, and that is more gratifying to them than anything in the world.

I appreciate your kind words about some of our players, but please...nothing to gain? That's been the case some years in the past, but a 10 win reg season, and a much better bowl. Those are definitely gains in my book

SoonerKnight
11/23/2008, 10:53 PM
We will come out and stuff their running game and knock the QB araound and disrupt them so bad that the fans will be leaving in the 2nd quarter. I think the OU of old is back and we can expect to see them in the NC game and win handily!!!!

:)

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 11:00 PM
I think Box Lewis and Clayton are gaining more and more confidence, THEY ARE GOING TO BE DIRTY NEXT YEAR. (also this year..duh)

OU_Sooners75
11/23/2008, 11:05 PM
Wow...point out the obvious there RedOctober.

ouwasp
11/23/2008, 11:08 PM
Like I said in another thread and what some of the writers will undoubtedly be saying this week: Remember Bedlam 2000.

osu had lost to TT 58-0. The Sooners were a team of destiny. Yet it took a fine play by D Strait to save a 13-7 victory in Stillwater.

The pokes have had an extra week to prepare...

I really believe the Sooners will win. But I'm not expecting a game that's decided by halftime either.

Of course, I sure wasn't expecting what happened to TTech as well. :D

Desert Sapper
11/23/2008, 11:26 PM
I was thinking for a while that OSU was the biggest concern. Historically, they have given us many more fits than Tech. I really hope we come out and knock them out in the first round, but I think it will be a dogfight. Stoolwater is never an easy place to play, and this is the best Cowboy team we've faced in a while. They have great O and really solid D. I really hope we can contain Robinson, Bryant, and Hunter. On the positive side, we are starting to look like the team I thought we were going to be this year. The D is starting to play loose and confident, and that is a good sign. The O is amazing. I just hope we can make it out with a W. Hopefully that will be enough to leapfrog Tejas.

SoonerBacker
11/23/2008, 11:33 PM
It seems to me that the BCS poll that was released today will provide plenty of motivation for the Sooners against aggie lite. Sure, the pukes be hyped for the game. They always are. All pukes care about is beating OU.

But the Sooner players/coaches know that they not only need a win in stoolwater. They need a comfortable margin to continue to impress those responsible for BCS rankings (the human element). Could be that saxet staying slightly ahead of us in the BCS might have been good for us.

MojoRisen
11/24/2008, 01:58 AM
I would love to be a fly on the wall this week listning to Stoops motivate the squad to get ready to BEAT OSU in a huge rivalry game.

I agree with the above, we are not going to have the luxuary to play scared to loose. Instead I think we come out and try and hammer them! Last year OSU had pretty much the same offense - their D is better with some Jucos but I am pretty sure that Tech wen through them like a sive and we are better than Tech on offense- we can pass or run - you never know up there but I am pretty confident we are going to come to play and it should be a comfortable arse kicking -

42-24 ish

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 02:01 AM
Remember we thought OU tech was gonna be a shootout...... i know the pokes are different .... but stilll...... there stadium is not that big

Sooner1979
11/24/2008, 03:43 AM
As much as I cant stand OSU, this is the most dangerous game of the year for us IMHO. They are going to be more jacked up for us, than we were for TT.

Once again, they will play the role of the little brother who has been picked on for years who is going to knock off the giant, and they will have all the motivation in the world to knock us down. They have nothing to gain but watching us move out of the big VII game, and that is more gratifying to them than anything in the world.

I am sorry, but it is going to be awfully hard to prepare and execute better than we did against TT...If we do, OSU will have an L on their schedule 5 minutes before gametime...

Crucifax Autumn
11/24/2008, 04:28 AM
Well said but I do hope we prepare at least as well.

KingBarry
11/24/2008, 04:44 AM
Poke game break down (short-n-sweet version):

If our offense plays like it did against Tech, game over. OSU would not be able to out score the Sammy & Co. that showed up last week.

Our D would only have to trip OSU up a handful of times to insure that OU got the "W".

But our offense, at least since sometime around the Gary Gibbs-era, has just been unable to put it all together when they are in Stillwater -- a trend likely to continue this year, IMHO.

We'll need the D to step and deliver a performance approaching last week's. If the D does that, and if the O turns in a solid effort, then the game is over mid-way through the 3rd.

KEY TO GAME: The Sooners do not to wind up in a situation where special teams decides the outcome.

olevetonahill
11/24/2008, 05:48 AM

I dont see #1 happening AT ALL
Whats the Big 7 Game :P
In yer last sentence pokies better Hopw we aint that amped :D

sendbaht
11/24/2008, 06:12 AM
Since we are taking about OSU I am curios, do OUr players get bused down there the same day, fly the same day, the night before and spend the night in a hotel, or what? Maybe a silly question but?

OUHOMER
11/24/2008, 07:48 AM
Since we are taking about OSU I am curios, do OUr players get bused down there the same day, fly the same day, the night before and spend the night in a hotel, or what? Maybe a silly question but?

With this being a night game and only 1.5 hr drive. I would think they will bus up early in the day.

sendbaht
11/24/2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks pal. I did not want a seperate post and look any more silly then need be. Sorry to walk on this post just came to mind and wondered.

devOUt
11/24/2008, 08:27 AM
OSU will be tough - but they are and always will be aggies.

humblesooner
11/24/2008, 10:03 AM
A couple of things that will make this a non-typical OU/OSU game in Stillwater.

First, it is a night game. We will not have the unnaturalness of going "into" the sun for half the game. With the sun already down, none of the players will notice that they have to play sideways.

Second, after last Saturday's game, OU is the ONLY team in the country to score at least 35 points in every game. That includes all of the other B12 high-powered offenses - Tceh, Whorns, Mizz(L)ou, Jaysquawks, Aggots. No defense has stopped OU this year.

I believe that OSU will not sniff 35 this week and OU will be able to name their score, much like last week.

NOVSooner
11/24/2008, 11:09 AM
my gut feeling is that this game will be a lot like the game against tech (not so much in the onslaught we gave them) but in the way that you have a good team in (as their own fans have said) new territory. also, if you read the techies quotes about the game no credit was given to OU it was all, "we tried too hard, we were over hyped", etc. i think the over hyped will come into play. they keys for us i feel are simply leadership. if our leaders take control and we go down there to take care of business and get out we'll win. the mental part of this game takes over this week

NYC Poke
11/24/2008, 11:21 AM
I think you should just forfeit. Might as well rest your players for the Alamo Bowl.

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2008, 11:21 AM
But the Sooner players/coaches know that they not only need a win in stoolwater. They need a comfortable margin to continue to impress those responsible for BCS rankings (the human element).

And that is what worries me. Remember OU in 1984, being told that they would be voted #1 only if they beat Washington by a wide margin? Look what happened.

Just win. That's all OU needs to do.

aurorasooner
11/24/2008, 11:52 AM
The OU/Tech game was sort of like our last 3 BCS bowl games. Tech came in thinking they were good enough on offense to do the SOS and be successful. Besides just challenging our OL, KW and our O staff made some running game adjustments in the 2 weeks before the Tech game. [P]
...With 2 weeks to prep, I expect aggie to probably have some offensive adjustments as well, and they'll probably confuse our D somewhat in the 1st half and score some points. Whether their D can stop our offense is questionable, unless we revert to running the same-old telegraphed running plays and can't get the seam. OU 42 Aggie 31 or 35 should be about right unless our D plays with the same "knock the snot out them attitude" they did against Tech, then OU 42 (or more) Aggie 17 or 21. I think our OL fed of our D's attitude against Tech, and the more our
D busted heads, the more our OL plowed the Tech D.