PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Mack's politicking is going to backfire?

IronHorseSooner
11/23/2008, 10:02 PM
He sees the writing on the wall, and is on ESPN politicking. Should Bob or one of OUr surrogates do the same?

tommieharris91
11/23/2008, 10:05 PM
OU really needs to do some campaigning too. They're trying to convince pollsters to vote ut over OU using horribly flawed logic.

4everasooner
11/23/2008, 10:07 PM
He is and always will be an A$$ hat.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 10:08 PM
I think if the pollsters were going to vote texas ahead of us they would have done it.

Partial Qualifier
11/23/2008, 10:14 PM
The AP may be susceptible to politicking by a nice-guy type like Mack... but the coaches? I'm thinking 'no effing way'. Yes it can backfire.

Stoops is part of a huge NCAA coaching tree -- and is the 'father' of a large tree himself -- there's little to worry about re: the Coach's Poll if you're Oklahoma.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 10:15 PM
Pollsters expect this and Bob put in a few comments in his post-game as well. I doubt it will have impact one way or another.

IronHorseSooner
11/23/2008, 10:16 PM
I've always thought that Mack looked a lot like another politician who spent a lot of time in Asstin....Never underestimate UTerus's ability to use their boatloads-o'-cash to buy up time to push their agenda. We do need to do something. Whether that is a national sports-media onslaught, having the TECH game replayed on ESPN classic or FSN every night this week, or heck, have Toby write a song about the whole thing...What is different this time versus his politicking to get into the Rose over Cal, is that he did that by pressuring AP voters in the texass. This is a national tidal wave that will grow this week for OU. We have to find a way to do it and not seem Aggy-like. Hopefully, the real Aggy can shock the world in Asstin and this whole thing will be moot.

Whet
11/23/2008, 10:44 PM
They have been sending emails to all the sports writers, reminding them of their win over OU.

OU_Sooners75
11/23/2008, 11:01 PM
Shoot....It will all be settled in the next 2 week.

Florida State will beat Florida.
Alabama will lose to Florida.
OU will beat Okie Lite
Texas will beat A&M.

Doesnt matter who goes to the Big 12 CCG...OU and Texass will be #1 and #2 at the end of the season.

oupride
11/23/2008, 11:05 PM
So how did Mack rationalize his loss to Tech?

Widescreen
11/24/2008, 01:00 AM
So how did Mack rationalize his loss to Tech?

I doubt it came up.

Jewstin
11/24/2008, 01:18 AM
We should ask Mike Leach to get on TV and remind everyone that they can't vote Texas ahead of Tech since they lost head to head. :D

Also, he should be dressed as a pirate.

Blues1
11/24/2008, 07:23 AM
We should ask Mike Leach to get on TV and remind everyone that they can't vote Texas ahead of Tech since they lost head to head. :D

Also, he should be dressed as a pirate.

PLUS - Mike wants and needs more Texas talent (I think He stays at Tech ) So why give Mack anymore help with future recruiting If Texas Wins The Big 12...? Or if Texas goes to MNC Game...?

Between the lesser of two evils (OU & Texas) My guess is - Mike will do all he can do to Shut Up Mack Big Time --- This is going to get very interesting in the Next Two Weeks......

ratedrsuperstar
11/24/2008, 07:53 AM

OU will beat Okie Lite
Texas will beat A&M.

Doesn'T matter who goes to the Big 12 CCG...OU and Texass will be #1 and #2 at the end of the season.

I live 35 miles from FSU and they are bad. I've seen both play a lot with regional TV coverage, trust me they are 25-28 points worse than the Gators.
Alabama is probably 14 point dogs to Florida with the way the Gators have played since losing to Ole Miss.

Florida wins out against two ranked teams, one being #1

TUSooner
11/24/2008, 08:10 AM

Florida State will beat Florida.... :eek: :eek:

TWO WORDS: No ****ing Way.

RedstickSooner
11/24/2008, 08:59 AM

OU will beat Okie Lite
Texas will beat A&M.

Doesnt matter who goes to the Big 12 CCG...OU and Texass will be #1 and #2 at the end of the season.

If all that happens, I would expect the voters to attempt to revolt and get someone else into the game. Like maybe start voting Utah as if their team was actually worth a damn. I don't think the media would like the notion of an OU-Uterus rematch.

Mac94
11/24/2008, 09:07 AM
This is the question someone needs to ask Mack about "head to head" .... IF oSu beat OU and Tech then goes to the Big-12 Title game and wins .... will you decline a chance to play for the MNC because Tech beat Texas head to head and won the conference and deserves it more?

Mac94
11/24/2008, 09:08 AM
If all that happens, I would expect the voters to attempt to revolt and get someone else into the game. Like maybe start voting Utah as if their team was actually worth a damn. I don't think the media would like the notion of an OU-Uterus rematch.

Not Utah .... IF USC beats UCLA and Notre Dame the Trojens will be the one the voters latch on to. They have two games left so the voters can use that as justification.

TexasLidig8r
11/24/2008, 10:43 AM
Not Utah .... IF USC beats UCLA and Notre Dame the Trojens will be the one the voters latch on to. They have two games left so the voters can use that as justification.

Voters can do all they want... the computers are killing USC and will continue to do so. A wretched Neutered Dame team and equally wretched UCLA team will not help USC in the computers at all.

Assuming FSU decides to play football and upsets Florida (I know.. I know.. it's very unlikely) and Florida beats Bama (which is gonna happen anyway)... and Texas and OU win out (again, likely)...

The computers will dictate a Texas - OU rematch. And how delicious THAT would be!

Oh Mac.. being an aggy and all.. all that "Cart McCry" stuff your little buddies on Texags have done over the course of the last 2 years... well.. it could get very.. very ugly Thursday night. :D

SOONER STEAKER
11/24/2008, 11:01 AM
Stoops was on Mike & Mike this morning. Went over the same things Mack talked about and Bob added that you can't rank UT above TT since TT beat UT. What's good for UT over OU shopuld also be used fro TT over UT.

BIG GAME BOB IS BACK!!

IronHorseSooner
11/24/2008, 11:18 AM
Stoops was on Mike & Mike this morning. Went over the same things Mack talked about and Bob added that you can't rank UT above TT since TT beat UT. What's good for UT over OU shopuld also be used fro TT over UT.

BIG GAME BOB IS BACK!!

That's what we need to do. Heck, have Good Ol' JR announce it on WWE tonight (if anybody cares). Mack will try his dukie-eatin', aw shucks, bull snot on people. Folks around the country still haven't gotten over his Rose Bowl campaigning.

Mac94
11/24/2008, 12:17 PM
Oh Mac.. being an aggy and all.. all that "Cart McCry" stuff your little buddies on Texags have done over the course of the last 2 years... well.. it could get very.. very ugly Thursday night.

could? dude, I'm expecting major carnage. Texas will destroy this Aggie squad ... after 12-7 and 38-31 and with the Horns needing "style points" ..... yeah, it'll be bad. Colt will pass for 350+ and I expect Texas' D to mash our poor offense.

Flagstaffsooner
11/24/2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2008/11/24/curious-index-112408/

soonerpike697
11/24/2008, 12:43 PM
He sees the writing on the wall, and is on ESPN politicking. Should Bob or one of OUr surrogates do the same?

Honestly it doesn't matter, if we get in great if we don't it's our own fault, the only way to guarantee a national championship bid is to go undefeated, once you drop a game you're at the mercy of a computer, what Mack is donig is pathetic, I hope Stoops doesn't lower himself to that level. If we really wanted a national title we'd be undefeated. I hope we get in but I won't **** and moan if we don't...

JLEW1818
11/24/2008, 12:48 PM
Mack is about to be on ESPN 2

TexasLidig8r
11/24/2008, 01:27 PM
could? dude, I'm expecting major carnage. Texas will destroy this Aggie squad ... after 12-7 and 38-31 and with the Horns needing "style points" ..... yeah, it'll be bad. Colt will pass for 350+ and I expect Texas' D to mash our poor offense.

It could and should get very, very ugly.

Texas players remember the last two years.. they remember your fan base going on with the "Cart McCoy" crap.. (all the while throwing your current and past QBs under the bus)... and now that idiot Martellus Bennett mouthing off and calling Colt, "Cart."

Mudhole.

sooner59
11/24/2008, 01:46 PM
Mack Brown just said on 1st and 10 that Colt McCoy's Heisman moment was coming back to beat Tech, and that Harrell's was coming back to beat Texas. Umm, im pretty sure it doesn't help Colt McCoy that his Heisman moment was actually during a game that they lost. Maybe he just got confused, because that isn't a very strong argument.

Partial Qualifier
11/24/2008, 01:54 PM
Maybe he just got confused, because that isn't a very strong argument.

"Just when I think I've got this thing figured out, I've got no clue."

:mack:

47straight
11/24/2008, 01:59 PM
It could and should get very, very ugly.

Texas players remember the last two years.. they remember your fan base going on with the "Cart McCoy" crap.. (all the while throwing your current and past QBs under the bus)... and now that idiot Martellus Bennett mouthing off and calling Colt, "Cart."

Mudhole.

Wow, your players are obsessed with our fan base and what we post on the innernets?

I could only dream of that. I wish it were so.

Didja bring back Chris Simms for a session on how to write down all the names of the people who make fun of you?

TexasLidig8r
11/24/2008, 02:33 PM
Wow, your players are obsessed with our fan base and what we post on the innernets?

I

You're an aggy now Straight? I thought you were a Sooner.

Living down in Austin has scrambled your brain! ;)