PDA

View Full Version : Tech Fans

Soonersince57
11/23/2008, 07:30 PM
OK, I know the goobers stick out and most were probably OK, but one was leaving the stadium (early) and reminding everyone about Boise State. We asked him the last time Tech went to the Fiesta Bowl.... no answer. It's also been (we were told) EIGHT years since winning a national championship. We asked him the last time Tech won a championship . . . . no answer. "You have crap for a team!" but then he was reminded he was behind crap by 51 points. LMAO.:rolleyes:

meoveryouxinfinity
11/23/2008, 07:37 PM
I got a hook'em from one.

Figures.

OKLA21FAN
11/23/2008, 07:43 PM
The Tech fans that traveled to Norman were great.

it was at half time, and I was getting a coke for the an elderly gentleman who sat behind me, and there were a couple of OU students just giving the what for to a couple of Tech fans. It was fine for the first jab or two, but he just kept the redundant volleys coming. after a few minutes of this (and watching the TT fans just take it and not say anything back) I ask the OU student if 'he was done', he countered with 'i haven't even started yet'. So I then proceeded to tell him that 'yes, you are done and that you need stop harassing these visiting fans and that if he ever was to travel to an OU road game, that he would understand.'

he answered with 'We don't lose like this'

so I say 'I'm guessing you are still taking freshman and sophomore level courses'.

he says, 'how do you know that?

I answer 'cause if you were older and a bit more mature you would remember the 2004 OB and that he should grow up a bit.'

he then got out of line, and walked off with his buddies. :mad:

Sooner_Havok
11/23/2008, 07:50 PM
The Tech Band was douching it up in front of George Lynn Cross hall, blocking the side walks and not letting people by. I said excuse me, to which the Tech band jerk-off responded "Oh, are we in your way?"

Some band chicka told him to stop being an *** and get out of peoples way.

OU-HSV
11/23/2008, 07:50 PM
Well my tech fan buddy and his wife aren't goobers, and they were good sports sticking around until early 4th qtr. (I can't speak for any of the other tech fans, I wasn't hanging out with them) But my friends knew I wasn't ready to leave, so they stuck it out a bit longer than they wanted to.
But I must say my buddy was walking down the stairs from our seats as we were leaving. I was a little bit behind him. He hadn't said anything to any of OUr fans, and then one of our fellow Sooner fans was yelling some stuff at my buddy. It was pretty tacky, and I told the guy to lay off, that my buddy is cool and there's no reason to sh*t talk him like he was doing. That was the only minor incident that was inflicted on my buddy (and it wasn't a big deal really just seemed a little classless to act like that but I know we all have fans that act that way). I'd say OUr Sooners shredding up Tech was plenty violence inflicted :D .

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 08:09 PM
The Big Dream became a Nightmare for them last night.

I think that was enough to keep the Rivalry going and yes...I'd like to be able to travel to some of these stadiums in the future to watch The Sooners play...so I understand that your going to have the occasional Fan mouth you...it's really more how you handle it that makes the situation not get worse when your on the road. Of course...at nuetral sites...it's usually on like Donkey Kong. That's usually where the real hate shows up IMO.

The Big XII Championship keeps the North vs South thing going IMO. I learned to really hate K-State from my experiences at Arrowhead Stadium. I stay on the OU side now. :D Seems I have a way of pissing them off. :D

I didn't do it on purpose either. It was that darned Fosters Beer they were selling. I think I got a bad one or something. :D

cheezyq
11/23/2008, 08:09 PM
Aggies will be aggies. Sheep-humping, nut-grabbing, or sand-dwelling....it doesn't matter. They're all the same.

CatfishSooner
11/23/2008, 08:55 PM
I thought the tech fans sucks...

I was arguing w/ one doosh and he said "why don't you just go home and beat your wife and kick your dog."
retardation...

SoonerShark
11/23/2008, 09:08 PM
I thought the tech fans sucks...

I was arguing w/ one doosh and he said "why don't you just go home and beat your wife and kick your dog."
retardation...

He was just jealous since his sister, wife and dog were one in the same, kind of a Swiss Army life.

StormySooner-IN
11/23/2008, 09:22 PM
He was just jealous since his sister, wife and dog were one in the same, kind of a Swiss Army life.
greatness.

Animal Mother
11/23/2008, 09:27 PM
did any Tech fans bring lasers???? Of course Sam is Superman so it wouldn't bother him but I was just wonderin'.

jdsooner
11/23/2008, 09:32 PM
I saw one TT fan leaving who had turned his sweatshirt inside out!

BrockLanders
11/23/2008, 09:34 PM
My buddy's boss is a huge Tech fan and tailgater. They came up from Austin and set up their tailgate at Lloyd Noble. I went. They were super cool. Great cooks also. They weren't dumb and cocky before the game. I think they knew this was going to be one of the hardest games ever and they enjoyed the Norman hospitality....they really liked the talent at Brother's on Friday night.

I overheard many of them on their cell phones telling their buddies back home how awesome the OU fans were.

Cheers to the Tech fans that I met on Saturday and good luck the rest of the way.....BOOMER!!!!

Sooner_Havok
11/23/2008, 09:39 PM
Like I said, the Tech band lady put the jerk-off in his place. The rest seemed alright.

getrdone
11/23/2008, 09:55 PM
what about the bus load at noble who had all the profanity written on the windows and left about 200 beer cans in the parking lot. there were a bunch in south ez drinking beer they had brought in and getting their guns up and crap, but they all left at halftime. tell you what, their right guard is a punk!

OKLA21FAN
11/23/2008, 09:57 PM
My buddy's boss is a huge Tech fan and tailgater. They came up from Austin and set up their tailgate at Lloyd Noble. I went. They were super cool. Great cooks also. They weren't dumb and cocky before the game. I think they knew this was going to be one of the hardest games ever and they enjoyed the Norman hospitality....they really liked the talent at Brother's on Friday night.

I overheard many of them on their cell phones telling their buddies back home how awesome the OU fans were.

Cheers to the Tech fans that I met on Saturday and good luck the rest of the way.....BOOMER!!!!
I think we RVed just west of these guys. and these guys were a class act. they would offer the shirt off their back, if you asked too. I went up to them this morning and told them that I understand that the game did not turn out the way they wanted, but they represented their school first class. They said they had a blast and thought the sooner faithful showed them a great time before and after the game.

btw, if it is the guys I met, they had the best college gameday smoker evar, complete with the 'guns up' smoker pipes. it was pretty cool.