PDA

View Full Version : UT #2 makes sense

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 07:11 PM
It actually does make sense that they are still ahead of us. Even though this is a 3 way tie we are in, both Texas and Texas Tech beat Oklahoma State (both at home). I got too anxious thinking we would jump Texas this week. We still have to play #12 Oklahoma State, and then we will get more juice from the computers.

Reasons why a Longhorn should be nervous

1) They have to play a team that has only 4 wins. The computers will then hurt the longhorns.

2) They are ranked 4th in the coaches poll

3) They are ranked 4th in the harris poll

4) Florida gets to play #20 Florida State this weekend. This is good for us because Texas will not make up any ground in the human polls if Florida wins. Texas will only lose votes. (and if we win against #12 texas will lose even more votes)

5) Oklahoma the team right on their tail, gets to play #12 Oklahoma State on the road.

6) If Oklahoma loses and Tech wins, Tech goes to the Big 12 Championship.

Just give it time, take the criticism this week, but deep down, logical longhorns are ****ting their pants.

auto
11/23/2008, 07:19 PM
We should move ahead next week, I would not be betting on it though. Sure would be nice if the Aggies could win or keep it close.

tommieharris91
11/23/2008, 07:24 PM
It actually does make sense that they are still ahead of us. Even though this is a 3 way tie we are in, both Texas and Texas Tech beat Oklahoma State (both at home). I got too anxious thinking we would jump Texas this week. We still have to play #12 Oklahoma State, and then we will get more juice from the computers.

Reasons why a Longhorn should be nervous

1) They have to play a team that has only 4 wins. The computers will then hurt the longhorns.

2) They are ranked 4th in the coaches poll

3) They are ranked 4th in the harris poll

4) Florida gets to play #20 Florida State this weekend. This is good for us because Texas will not make up any ground in the human polls if Florida wins. Texas will only lose votes. (and if we win against #12 texas will lose even more votes)

5) Oklahoma the team right on their tail, gets to play #12 Oklahoma State on the road.

6) If Oklahoma loses and Tech wins, Tech goes to the Big 12 Championship.

Just give it time, take the criticism this week, but deep down, logical longhorns are ****ting their pants.

I was about to say that most logical football fans and voters will look at the entire schedule of all three teams. To this point, Texas has done the most. If OU beats osu next Saturday, then those same fans will think OU has done more.

Logical longhorns think we're better than them because we just mudholed a team that beat them.

JaminT
11/23/2008, 07:26 PM
agreed

aero
11/23/2008, 07:33 PM
Just win and see what happens. Wow, how many years do we, as well as other teams, find themselves saying that? As much as I've always thought a playoff would benefit OU as much as anybody, I have to say college football is my favorite sport. And I think part of that is because we DON'T have a playoff. Every week is important and we have huge games in all of the conferences. And is there any other sport that gets this exciting down the stretch? Besides, the best team doesn't always win in sports with playoffs. We still need to beat OSU, texas still needs to beat a&m, and tech needs to beat Baylor. It will play out. If it goes like you would think, we're probably in. And then we would need to beat Mizzou. Just win and see what happens.

soonerfan28
11/23/2008, 07:37 PM
Nobody has mentioned this scenario, but what happens if Texas loses the Big 12 championship and then Florida loses to Bama. That is if Texas stays where they are. I think we make it into the national title.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/23/2008, 07:46 PM
I just can't over the fact that no one is really talking about us beating both the #14 and #16 teams handily, one of which is pretty much a shoe in for a BCS bowl and one who who only has 2 losses.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 08:01 PM
I think its mathematically impossible for us not to jump texas if we win.

8timechamps
11/23/2008, 08:05 PM
Hmmmm...

Wouldn't a playoff be good right about now.

just sayin'.

Jewstin
11/23/2008, 08:06 PM
I think its mathematically impossible for us not to jump texas if we win.

Indeed.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/582114.html

No way Texas maintains that margin in the computer polls after our game this week (if we win).

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 08:06 PM
haha. I really think Texas is kinda screwed, If Florida and Oklahoma win, that's even more points texas will lose.

HOLLY **** I'M READY FOR SATURDAY ALREADY

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 08:08 PM
Stoopsy and the boys need to go out and pound on the boys from the north next weekend. No holds barred! I'm already pumped and it's sunday. Dang I hate this.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 08:09 PM
Stoopsy and the boys need to go out and pound on the boys from the north next weekend. No holds barred! I'm already pumped and it's sunday. Dang I hate this.

I feel yah man, i got hardly any sleep last week.... probably less this week

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 08:09 PM
Hmmmm...

Wouldn't a playoff be good right about now.

just sayin'.

Nope. Semi next weekend. It doesnt get any better than that. Love it!;)

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 08:13 PM
Let's put it this way.... there is a very good chance that somebody in the big 12 is going to end up playing USC.. i'm cool with that.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 08:19 PM
The game being in stoolwater is going to extremely help

wow i cant wait