PDA

View Full Version : Where's My Penguin?

NYC Poke
11/23/2008, 06:07 PM
You guys are coasting after last night's victory.

mdklatt
11/23/2008, 06:12 PM
Even an animal that eats raw mackerel and swims in frigid water is smart enough to not be an oSu fan.

:stunned:

NYC Poke
11/23/2008, 06:26 PM
Effing hillbillies.

Boomer.....
11/23/2008, 06:46 PM
heh.

olevetonahill
11/23/2008, 06:51 PM
Even an animal that eats raw mackerel and swims in frigid water is smart enough to not be an oSu fan.

That was My thinkin :D

captain_surly
11/23/2008, 07:12 PM

That right there's funny, I don't care if you're a stinkin Poke or not.

NYC Poke
11/24/2008, 10:41 AM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

NYC Poke
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 10:44 AM
NYC and Poke? I am sure you have heard this before, but aren't those 2 terms mutually exclusive?

NYC Poke
11/24/2008, 10:47 AM
Um, as I believe some here have noted, they need somebody to clean up after the police horses.

olevetonahill
11/24/2008, 02:13 PM
Um, as I believe some here have noted, they need somebody to clean up after the police horses.

Bro I think yer the Only Poke on the Boards Ive ever speked Green :D

NYC Poke
11/24/2008, 05:11 PM
http://www.engrish.com//wp-content/uploads/2008/08/listen-to-mee.jpg

badger
11/24/2008, 07:21 PM

Hey Pokie, you wanna avatar bet? :D

Don't let my recent bet loss fool anyone - I usually win these no matter the odds... a blessing that comes with cheering for a winning program :)

NYC Poke
11/24/2008, 07:26 PM
Sure, why not. Loser keeps it up until after this season's MNC game is played, no points, straight-up win/loss. Sound good?

Oh, and I'll take the Pokes. :D

badger
11/24/2008, 07:49 PM
Sure, why not. Loser keeps it up until after this season's MNC game is played, no points, straight-up win/loss. Sound good?

Oh, and I'll take the Pokes. :D

I'm not going to make you suffer that long. Let's just go until the final BCS standings come out (aka the Sunday after the Big 12 Championship). We can do more longterm humiliation during basketball season :D

And yes, I am glad that unlike OSUAggie a few years ago during basketball season, you are not asking for points.

Because of the short-term humility, new avvie must be up by Monday, must conform to board rules (no bad words, nudity, sexual or sheep harassment) and avatar specifications. In other words, you might want me to have a 1024X720 OSU logo, but the board won't allow that.

Deaaaaaaal?

NYC Poke
11/24/2008, 07:52 PM
Done. I may be running a little late on Monday, though, due to holiday travel.

NormanPride
11/25/2008, 12:03 AM
Done. I may be running a little late on Monday, though, due to holiday travel.

:P not too optimistic, are we?

edit: whoops, baj here accidentally posting as np, tee hee

NYC Poke
11/25/2008, 10:41 AM
Speaking of, did you get NP's permission before making this bet? I seem to recall he was a little miffed at your last one. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2008, 10:43 AM
I was fully expecting Manhattan Poke to show up by now

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2008, 10:45 AM
How did you make it out of Stillwater without spewing hatred of all things OU? You are downright congenial... like stunned aggie was.

fadada1
11/25/2008, 10:48 AM
I was fully expecting Manhattan Poke to show up by now

he's covering all the boroughs on his own. although, he secretly loves to be called "the bronx poke", as it sounds more gangsta than "staten island poke."

NYC Poke
11/28/2008, 10:32 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, Sooners. I hope the holiday brought many blessings to you and yours.

And I hope the blessings will be enough to sustain you through your loss to us tomorrow evening before a national audience. My prediction is that we win, 45-35.

SoonerBacker
11/28/2008, 10:34 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, Sooners. I hope the holiday brought many blessings to you and yours.

And I hope the blessings will be enough to sustain you through your loss to us tomorrow evening before a national audience. My prediction is that we win, 45-35.

Been watching too many Whorn games, have you? :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
11/28/2008, 10:40 AM

Dude IF thats the Final score . you will Not Only get yer 20 Bucks , But FREE shiping also .:cool:

NYC Poke
11/28/2008, 10:43 AM
Heh. Watched the game last night at my brother's place in Gladewater, TX. Everbody kept commenting on how stupid those signs were. The word that kept crossing my mind was "Aggie."

olevetonahill
11/28/2008, 10:56 AM
Heh. Watched the game last night at my brother's place in Gladewater, TX. Everbody kept commenting on how stupid those signs were. The word that kept crossing my mind was "Aggie."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Oh and LId Negged Me fer Greening you :D

IronHorseSooner
11/28/2008, 11:00 AM

Heck, my wife, a New Yorker, saw those signs and said that it was childish, and she know nothing about sports except for Syracuse BBALL.

NYC Poke
11/28/2008, 11:03 AM
Poor Texas. They've got to root for you to win . . . but not by too much. Someone posted a DOK link on our board about them even hiring a plane to to a flyover with the 45-35 thing druing our game. Naturally, I want my Cowboys to win this game, and hopefully all their 45-35 talk is giving our team extra motivation (as if we needed any). All their campaigning shows they obviously view an OU win as a foregone conclusion. They seem to forget that we played them pretty darn close (Moral Victory!) at their place. Much as I'd hate to see TT represent the South, UT's saddling OU with some pretty bad karma on this one.

aurorasooner
11/28/2008, 11:33 AM
Poor Texas. They've got to root for you to win . . . but not by too much.
Why? I may be wrong, but Texas is in pretty good position in the BCS with a Poke win even with a Tech win against Baylor on Saturday. While they won't go to KC or win a Big 12 championship, won't they still be in prime position for a 1 or 2 BCS seed even w/o an appearance in KC? While a Big 12 championship would be a nice compliment to an appearance in the BCS championship game, nobody ever remembers a Big 12 championship while everyone remembers a NC. Texas could just sit back and not have to worry about losing a rematch to Missouri. I don't think there's any way Tech jumps to number 2 even with a Big 12 championship, although you'd certainly see a lot of 39-33 signs in the stands. (or USC or any other team jumping them).
On the other hand, we need an impressive win Saturday for BCS style points to get us to KC, and if we get there, an impressive win over Missouri to keep us in the number 2 BCS spot to play in the Orange Bowl.

NYC Poke
11/28/2008, 01:53 PM
Wasn't Cal thinking a very similar thing a few years ago?

yermom
11/28/2008, 02:05 PM
the voters had LSU jump a lot of people to be #2 last year when they won the SEC, i think the same could likely happen with Tech if we lose

this is assuming they would beat Mizzou though

NYC Poke
11/29/2008, 05:35 PM
Forfeit now and avoid the agony. You have been warned.

olevetonahill
11/29/2008, 06:28 PM

HMMMMM
Uh NO.:P

ruf/nekdad
11/29/2008, 07:21 PM

'preciate that NYC, but lets go ahead and play the game just for the fun of it.:D

badger
12/1/2008, 07:03 AM

Should I cash in? Should I torture you for a week like I have been tortured for the past two months?

...nah. I think we all know this board will be too slow for either of us to login and rant about who beat who (OU beat OSU) and by how much (20 points) and where the game was (at Bone Picker Stadium) and how many games this makes in a row (six in a row!) and whether it is better to have loved the Pokes and lost then to have never loved the Pokes at all (it was better when you expected them to lose, because then they might actually win by accident).

So, I got my tee hee's out of the way already, via your all-orange uniforms (they zoomed in on an especially round butt and I remarked how much it looked like a pumpkin), via your coach not calling one of his time out's with 1:32 left, via your calling a timeout with about :30 left setting up another touchdown for us, via anytime one of your guys held up all five fingers so I could comment "FIVE IN A ROW!" and wondering what can be done for six in a row now, via spotting an empty seat here or there... and the list goes on.

I got in my fun :D Perhaps we can do this again during b-ball season?

NYC Poke
12/1/2008, 02:10 PM
A bet's a bet, and I'm ready and willing to pay up. We can do it again for basketball.

badger
12/1/2008, 02:18 PM
Ok, ok... I'll hammer something together for you by the end of the day. :D