PDA

View Full Version : We need to focus on beating OSU

jkjsooner
11/23/2008, 05:05 PM
I hope the players and coaches are focused on simply getting a win against OSU. If we get up big we can start thinking of style points but going into the game with those thoughts is a recipe for disaster. Football being such an emotional game, I just hope the players don't get frustrated if we get down early or end up in a dog fight.

If we squeak out a win and the voters hold it against us then so be it.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 05:21 PM
See the thread about DeMarco Murray - he certainly said all the right thing about having accomplished nothing so far. And he is playing like a man possessed now.

adoniijahsooner
11/23/2008, 05:22 PM
I hope the players and coaches are focused on simply getting a win against OSU. If we get up big we can start thinking of style points but going into the game with those thoughts is a recipe for disaster. Football being such an emotional game, I just hope the players don't get frustrated if we get down early or end up in a dog fight.

If we squeak out a win and the voters hold it against us then so be it.

we shouldnt need style points since we are ahead of texas in both polls; and they play an unranked team at home, an we play a ranked team on the road.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 05:27 PM
I would assume just winning and we are in.

Honestly i thought that if we beat tech by 1 and poke by 1, we still would have got the bid.

OK2LA
11/23/2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I overheard that Stoops was bragging about beating Baylor. I'm concerned that his focus is elsewhere. What do you suggest that we do? Letter writing campaign?

adoniijahsooner
11/23/2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I overheard that Stoops was bragging about beating Baylor. I'm concerned that his focus is elsewhere. What do you suggest that we do? Letter writing campaign?

this is a joke right?

jkjsooner
11/23/2008, 05:49 PM
we shouldnt need style points since we are ahead of texas in both polls; and they play an unranked team at home, an we play a ranked team on the road.

We still have an entire week of Mack whining and begging and ESPN influencing voters.

As soon as the computers gain sentience they'll start trying to persuade them.