PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Nation Alive from Coast to Coast!

Bosley
11/23/2008, 05:04 PM
I walk out of the Washington DC transit metro rail wearing my Crimson Oklahoma hoodie on the way to the Alumni watch party. Just before I walk out into the bitter 25 degree weather I hear across the loading area "BOOOOOOOMER!!!!"

Sooner Nation is alive and well!

I walk into the the watch party to find, at the very least, 250 sooner fans, alumni, and Oklahoma faithful...an hour and a half before kickoff. You can smell it in the air right? After a week of getting little to no work done at our jobs sifting through articles on google and arguing with our texas fan friends and coworkers sooner magic is in the air and its palpable. From the prediction of Corso outside the stadium from the opening kick off, sooner nation from the east to the west coast has been salivating for a return to glory and you could feel it. From the get go we have the sound pumping in the bar and the pulse of 85,000+ in the stadium is running through all of our veins. Touch down after touchdown, huge stop after huge stop you could tell that across the country the Sooner family all had their fists pumping in unison.

After the interception run back inside the five yard line I thought the bar might explode, alumni that work at the capital, in the defense department, in non profits, and the military were screaming jumping up and down and some dancing on the tables. When you all were jumping in the stands you weren't alone a crimson jungle was jumping with you all over the world.

Something has been missing the past several years, after losing the big 12 championship game against Kansas state all those years ago a little bit of magic in the program and in all of our connections to the school has been lacking. From my diploma on the wall, to the wielding of my class ring I've always been proud to be a sooner but an intangible feeling has been missing and it came back last night. Stoops bowing to the crowd and having fun again, the players hopping around the stadium, little to no EMPTY SEATS in our rout of the number two team in the country and light at the end of the tunnel to a possible NC birth. Sooner Nation is alive and well again, and it's a great day to be a sooner!!

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4103/usaflaginsidemapcopypv4.jpg

freshchris05
11/23/2008, 05:11 PM
word...

soonersweetie
11/23/2008, 05:23 PM
great post!

Piware
11/23/2008, 05:27 PM
Your post made me a little misty eyed. Glad you all were having as much fun as we were.

BOOMER SOONER!

Boomer.....
11/23/2008, 05:28 PM
great post!

x2

SoonerSnareMom
11/23/2008, 05:29 PM
Amen! From the texts I and everybody around me in Section 108 was getting, we could feel all the Sooners across the country coming together to witness something special!

Sooner_Rog
11/23/2008, 05:37 PM
I felt the mojo here in Yosemite National Park.... and run into a half dozen or so OU fans weekly.... Gotta love Sooner Nation...

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 05:43 PM
bigtime gooseys after reading that. Keep it up!

Bosley
11/23/2008, 07:51 PM
Amen! From the texts I and everybody around me in Section 108 was getting, we could feel all the Sooners across the country coming together to witness something special!

It was something else. Let's keep up the momentum, regardless for the outcome of the season I'll never forget the November 22nd OU-Tech smackdown.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/23/2008, 07:59 PM
Sooner Central here in Phoenix was whacked out. The Tilted Kilt Sportsbar in Scottsdale went crazy, for sure. The non-Sooners at the place looked a little shocked at our crowd reactions to each and every score.

OKC-SLC
11/23/2008, 08:22 PM
excellent post, Bosley. I know exactly what you're talking about.