PDA

View Full Version : Financial Crisis Life Expectancy = 18 Mos

Rogue
11/23/2008, 03:01 PM
According to world leaders.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27873920

updated 58 minutes ago
LIMA, Peru - The global financial crisis can be overcome within 18 months by acting “quickly and decisively,” Pacific Rim leaders said Sunday as they pledged to make food cheaper, governments cleaner and markets more open.

But the 21 leaders, who represent more than half the world’s economic power, offered few details of their recovery plan. The biggest accomplishment of the two-day summit was broadening support for the Washington Declaration made last weekend by major economies, pledging to maintain free trade despite domestic pressures.

“We are convinced that we can overcome this crisis in a period of 18 months,” the leaders of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum said. “We have already taken urgent and extraordinary steps to stabilize our financial sectors and strengthen economic growth.”

...yadda yadda yadda

So, that's a relief.:gary:

Jerk
11/23/2008, 09:11 PM
they pledged to make food cheaper

They can start by ending the ethanol b.s.

Ike
11/23/2008, 10:34 PM
Since when have world leaders known anything even close to that precision about economics?

There are world renowned economists who can't even forecast this thing out even close to that far.

OUinFLA
11/23/2008, 11:22 PM
They can start by ending the ethanol b.s.

agreed

Rogue
11/24/2008, 08:21 PM
Since when have world leaders known anything even close to that precision about economics?

There are world renowned economists who can't even forecast this thing out even close to that far.

Well...the whole article sort of draws the same non-conclusion.
But in an optimistic way.

Jerk
11/24/2008, 08:38 PM
agreed

I take it back.

They can sell that sh*t in the liquor store.

As for the original subject...go youtube Peter Schiff.

We're toast. It's only a matter of time before people figure out that the dollar is worth nothing.

Chuck Bao
11/24/2008, 08:41 PM
I'm 100% sure that markets worldwide aren't taking this seriously. The whole Citibank rescue package is and Citi has like operations in more than 100 countries worldwide.

I went to use a Citi visa card on Sunday and it was denied. I can't imagine why and my phone calls to the bank was all voice and pin crap.

I guess I have to go to the bank and ask why they doing this.

Whatever happens, the world needs citi to get back on its feet.