PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Jumping Video?

sooner59
11/23/2008, 02:05 PM
If anyone can find a video of all of us jumping in the stands, please post. It was awesome in the stands, but I hear it looked sweet on tv. Thanks!

BoomerSoonerGoOU
11/23/2008, 02:47 PM
Best moment of the game. You could feel the stadium move!

Here's a HQ video of it!

Enjoy!

http://computertechinokc.com/Jump.html

OKC-SLC
11/23/2008, 03:05 PM
Best moment of the game. You could feel the stadium move!

Here's a HQ video of it!

Enjoy!

http://computertechinokc.com/Jump.html

excellent. spek.

Collier11
11/23/2008, 03:06 PM
Nice!

swardboy
11/23/2008, 03:07 PM
SAWEEEEET.

SoonerBacker
11/23/2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the video! WOW! What a good time that was!!!!!!!

SteelCitySooner
11/23/2008, 03:21 PM
That was awesome! I somehow missed that last night. Man, the stadium was rocking!

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 03:25 PM
God it feels good to be a sooner

sooner2b09
11/23/2008, 03:33 PM
I am still hyped up. That was the most fun I have ever had at a football game. I was in the 4th row in the student section on the 5 yard line. I couldnt hear a thing when we were on defense. It was amazing.

Okla-homey
11/23/2008, 03:38 PM
There were kids at the game wearing crimson t-shirts emblazoned with big white block letters that said "STOOPS TOLD ME TO BE LOUD":D

Again, definitely worth missing the first day of deer gun season in Oklahoma. That game was the most fun you could possibly have with your clothes on.

Stooper
11/23/2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the video!!! A sooner moment I'll never forget.

olevetonahill
11/23/2008, 03:58 PM
God its always Felt good to be a sooner

Fixed ;)

BigBoomerInBigD
11/23/2008, 04:23 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!! Thanks!!

BOOMER

goodolesooner
11/23/2008, 04:41 PM
Here it is on Youtube if you can't access it on the other page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REo8lMA5U5I

And here's the same video with a song added to it... NSFW *language*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfrcXNatZic

jmikeh
11/23/2008, 05:00 PM
Why did Kirby mention Madison?

Sooner02
11/23/2008, 05:10 PM
The crowd should be like that for every home game! I don't care who we are playing.

oupride
11/23/2008, 05:27 PM
I was fortunate to be there and have never experienced that before at Owen. Because my job requires me to travel, I was not able to record the game. Is there someone that will send me a dvd of the game for a game from the Switzer era? Thanks.

OK2LA
11/23/2008, 05:28 PM

It has been a tradition there to play "jump around" and, well - jump around.

I know - we usually invent everything, but this one - not so much.

It doesn't matter who did it first - just that we showed up.

Sooner_Rog
11/23/2008, 05:33 PM
I was at the OU vs nebbish game in 2000... It got loud when we blocked that punt inside the 5yard line... I am geographically challenged so I could not attend to compare last night... But I have a feeling last night was louder than the 2000 NU game. It was louder in my living room at least last night..

sooner59
11/23/2008, 05:36 PM

U. of Wisconsin started using that song "Jump Around" by House of Pain to get their fans hyped. I think it was when their players ran out onto the field. They had to stop for a year or two in order to reinforce the stadium as they were worried the jumping might make the stadium collapse.

sooner73096
11/23/2008, 05:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHmYMLflRGk&feature=related

sendbaht
11/23/2008, 05:51 PM
thanks....only been able to listen to the game being overseas I sure enjoyed the videos.....thanks again!!!

4everasooner
11/23/2008, 05:58 PM
cool very cool

SoonerObsession
11/23/2008, 06:00 PM
I bet stadium engineers cringe when they see this. :D

SOONER STEAKER
11/23/2008, 06:04 PM
That's pretty good. No, it was AWESOME!!

Chrisrokc
11/23/2008, 06:07 PM
I think they should use the "jump around" at every home game to get the fans jacked up. It was totally insane at the stadium. As I looked across the way at the "old" people side from the student section I was in amazement.

sooner59
11/23/2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah I was jumping up and down and then I noticed that the entire stadium was doing it. Then I looked at our sidelines and saw that our whole team was doing it. That pumped me up even more! It was my favorite part of the game.

bringit
11/23/2008, 06:36 PM
Is there someone that will send me a dvd of the game for a game from the Switzer era? Thanks.

ESPNU HD has it scheduled tonight at 7:30 eastern.

soonerfaninfla
11/23/2008, 06:45 PM
PUTTING THE RAP SONG INTO THIS VIDEO TAKES AWAY FROM THE EXCITEMENT OF JUST LISTENING TO THE FANS

meoveryouxinfinity
11/23/2008, 07:19 PM
Jump Around is way too fun.

AlbqSooner
11/23/2008, 08:06 PM
I think they should use the "jump around" at every home game to get the fans jacked up. It was totally insane at the stadium. As I looked across the way at the "old" people side from the student section I was in amazement.

I disagree. The beauty, the joy, the exhilaration of that display is that it was an unprompted, unscripted, unrehearsed release of unbridled enthusiam which infected players, fans, band members and the national viewing audience all at once. A genuine outpouring of emotional support; a spontaneous coming together of all who entered the stadium with hopes and dreams in their minds; a unanimous acknowledgement that everything was working out as well as, if not better than we had dared to imagine.

OKC-SLC
11/23/2008, 08:28 PM
I disagree. The beauty, the joy, the exhilaration of that display is that it was an unprompted, unscripted, unrehearsed release of unbridled enthusiam which infected players, fans, band members and the national viewing audience all at once. A genuine outpouring of emotional support; a spontaneous coming together of all who entered the stadium with hopes and dreams in their minds; a unanimous acknowledgement that everything was working out as well as, if not better than we had dared to imagine.

exactly.

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 08:38 PM
We jumped on Tech's spine. :D

sooneredaco
11/23/2008, 08:45 PM
What an incredible game!!!! Thanks for the challenge Bob!

tanjou
11/23/2008, 09:26 PM
Anyone have video of Stoops bowing to the crowd?

itsmerick
11/23/2008, 10:46 PM
oooh, we so special, more than any others. Can you say CORN BALL CITY!:twinkies: :twinkies: :twinkies:

OKLA21FAN
11/23/2008, 10:49 PM

best crowd post evar!

We are not a 'tradition' stealer, it was just a part of the magic of last night and may never be duplicated again ...just sayin

OKC-SLC
11/23/2008, 10:53 PM
oooh, we so special, more than any others. Can you say CORN BALL CITY!:twinkies: :twinkies: :twinkies:

yes, I can: "Corn Ball City".

What other things may I help you with?

Chrisrokc
11/23/2008, 11:14 PM
You can call it what you like, but it was a lot of noise! The noise is what counts.

soonerboomer93
11/23/2008, 11:34 PM
U. of Wisconsin started using that song "Jump Around" by House of Pain to get their fans hyped. I think it was when their players ran out onto the field. They had to stop for a year or two in order to reinforce the stadium as they were worried the jumping might make the stadium collapse.

you know why they jump in madison?

the same reason we did last night

to warm up with it's freaking 30 something degrees out :D

mikerichards
11/24/2008, 12:06 AM
I just posted a short video clip we took while the "jump around" was going on.

Here is the link on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vXnbpzZmLM

soonerbrat
11/24/2008, 12:35 AM
I was at the OU vs nebbish game in 2000... It got loud when we blocked that punt inside the 5yard line... I am geographically challenged so I could not attend to compare last night... But I have a feeling last night was louder than the 2000 NU game. It was louder in my living room at least last night..

Last night was at least as loud, possibly louder...friends that watched back at the tailgate said it was amazingly loud. the Jump Around bit...I have no idea why the heck they've never done that before..it got the crowd going and kept them pumped up...EVERYONE was jumping, even old geezers like me. My son said it was funny to see on television, they couldn't hear the music so they thought we were just all jumping around being crazy.

replaces 2000 Nebbish game as my ALL TIME FAVORITE!!

soonerboomer93
11/24/2008, 12:43 AM
it was all about timing, and the spontaneous celebration

sooner59
11/24/2008, 01:01 AM
Much applause to the people working the game to cue that song at that moment.

soonerboomer93
11/24/2008, 01:25 AM
they actually played it twice

after the interception, they also played zombie nation

sooner59
11/24/2008, 01:27 AM
We were so pumped, nobody minded zombie nation. We just went with it.

John Kochtoston
11/24/2008, 02:13 AM

^^^
THIS. A thousand times, this.

Remember when we first got the Jumbotron at Owen Field? This was during a time (1997, IIRC) that we were getting our asses handed to us on a regular basis. Anyway, I don't remember which game it was, but they played a clip from Animal House, where Bluto is exhorting the members of Delta House to go kick *** and take names (the "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" bit). Anyway, the crowd really responded to it. I did, too. It came at an appropriate time, when we were trying to stage a rally, and it clicked.

So, the Jumbotron guys played it again. Over. And Over. And Over. At least four times a game for the rest of the season. People actually started booing when it came on. In other words, they took something magical and special, and over-saturated the fans by turning it into a gimmick.

I beg you, new Jumbotron people. Don't make the same mistake. Keep this in the bag, for the right time, like you did Saturday. Use it sparingly. Use it at the right time.

And, for the record, I may be one of only five people in America who lists "Jump Around" as their favorite song (except, of course, Boomer Sooner). Not, "Hey, that's a catchy tune," or "Yeah, I remember that song." It's my favorite.

Thank you. Thus endeth the lesson. Thanks be to Stoops.

MrJimBeam
11/24/2008, 06:50 AM
It was such a special moment I don't know if it can ever be duplicated.

olevetonahill
11/24/2008, 07:00 AM

Why is this ******* still here ?

AlbqSooner
11/24/2008, 07:26 AM
they couldn't hear the music so they thought we were just all jumping around being crazy.

There was MUSIC??!!:D

THA RO SOONER
11/24/2008, 08:24 AM
Been going to games since I was 8 - coolest thing I have ever been a part of - RO Sooner (DH) and I sit with the blue haired and they were jumping around!! Question - the first video is from the end of the first half - we were making our way upstairs at that point so we realized that this spectacle must have happened twice because we took part in it during the 3rd quarter when "jump around" was played - just so proud of our players, coaches and fans!!!!!

oubronco
11/24/2008, 10:37 AM
Agreed, that was a great moment. I had a Tech fan in front of me tell me he was "going to punch me" because I bumped him while jumping...I responded by telling him everything will be alright and his reaction was expected considering he is from West Texas...I then continued to jump.

Kimberlyz4OU
11/24/2008, 01:23 PM
Oh, it was totally awesome alright!! Some 70+ year old man in front of me was jumping too and "raising the roof" with his hands :) Hilarious! i loved it....I won't ever forget that!