PDA

View Full Version : There's plenty of concern in Whorn land

Sirus
11/23/2008, 12:45 PM
just finished perusing the whorn site temporarily( a few minutes is all i can take ) and there seems to be a mixture of worry and the usual idiocy about us when it comes to who should be in front.

I will now go puke,so excuse me.Hook 'em

noobalicious
11/23/2008, 12:49 PM
just finished perusing the whorn site temporarily( a few minutes is all i can take ) and there seems to be a mixture of worry and the usual idiocy about us when it comes to who should be in front.

I will now go puke,so excuse me.Hook 'em

Quotes?

BermudaSooner
11/23/2008, 12:49 PM
I have to admit, I peeked as well. My favorite thread is titled "Sooner logic...what a doozey." It is the horn logic that is the real doozey.

Basically it goes something like this. Head to head, neutral field, and Tech doesn't count because they got destroyed. Let me say that part again, Tech doesn't count because they got destroyed. So, by horn logic if OU had only won by 10 or so, then we should look at it as a 3 way race. The fact that OU was so dominate rules out Tech which rules out OU.

noobalicious
11/23/2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah I have to admit it baffles me that by winning by 44 over the #2 team in the country, we put ourselves out of contention.

:confused:

But I guess that's whorn logic for you.

:mack: "Tech don't count no more!"

Jacie
11/23/2008, 12:53 PM
To an extant I can agree with them that a Texas win over Oklahoma should be a major consideration, the feeling I get from reading their posts is that they don't consider anything else relevant.

It seems that if the Sooners can take care of business in Stillwater next week, deliver a win on the order of what happened last night, and the three-way tie holds (Tech and Texas win their final game), then Oklahoma will have accumulated the most style points and should get the nod.

This reasoning is based on OU beating the highest ranked common opponent on the road versus at home, which the place where this game or that was played is a huge factor in longhorn logic.

noobalicious
11/23/2008, 12:57 PM
I will say that no matter what happens, one team is going to get royally screwed.

Sucks for Tech too, they still are 10-1 but we basically just ended their BCS hopes unless we screw up at Stillwater. But alas, they came riding into down pretty high on themselves, and we needed to knock them down a peg... :D

S008NER
11/23/2008, 01:09 PM
We lost the second half and have clearly taken care of business since then, they have not. We are a better team at this point in the season. I've also listened to their fans discredit the men’s basketball coaches rankings and confidently assume they will win the big 12, despite the fact that we have more talent up front and in the backcourt. It’s just part of their nature in being @holes.

nytehorn
11/23/2008, 01:37 PM
JMO, but Tech seemed to be TOTALLY intimidated coming into Norman. They looked scared from the get-go. As predicted, Tech got yards, as well as OU. The differnce maker? OU tackled DAMN GOOD in open space; Tech could not. The 4 yard quick hitters, that usually gained Tech 8-20 yards, got them just that; 4 yards! OU's defense was ready for the quick passing game of Tech. I could be wrong, but watching the game, I could only think that Stoops himself devised this game plan scheme, not BV. Hell of a game Sooners. Right now, OU and Florida deserve to play for the MNC. I, for one, just DESPISE that month long layoff, as both teams could cool down by then, and not be near as sharp as they are now.

S008NER
11/23/2008, 01:50 PM
JMO, but Tech seemed to be TOTALLY intimidated coming into Norman. They looked scared from the get-go. As predicted, Tech got yards, as well as OU. The differnce maker? OU tackled DAMN GOOD in open space; Tech could not. The 4 yard quick hitters, that usually gained Tech 8-20 yards, got them just that; 4 yards! OU's defense was ready for the quick passing game of Tech. I could be wrong, but watching the game, I could only think that Stoops himself devised this game plan scheme, not BV. Hell of a game Sooners. Right now, OU and Florida deserve to play for the MNC. I, for one, just DESPISE that month long layoff, as both teams could cool down by then, and not be near as sharp as they are now.

The difference was that Texas totally let an average tech defensive line push them around so much that they could not get running game established. Tech had more rushing yards then Texas that night and tech was only slightly over a hundred for that game. The difference last night was that we we were able dominate the LOS and run the ball down their throats and open up the passing game.

Sirus
11/23/2008, 01:50 PM
Whornfan site just melted:D

BermudaSooner
11/23/2008, 02:19 PM

The must have seen the coaches poll. Can't wait to see who the 4 coaches are that voted us #1--will find out next week if we can pull off a victory in Stillwater.

BermudaSooner
11/23/2008, 02:20 PM

They must have seen the coaches poll. Can't wait to see who the 4 coaches are that voted us #1--will find out next week if we can pull off a victory in Stillwater.

okienole3
11/23/2008, 02:21 PM
Yep. I was trying to get on there, but couldn't. Complete meltdown.

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 02:37 PM
I will say that no matter what happens, one team is going to get royally screwed.

Sucks for Tech too, they still are 10-1 but we basically just ended their BCS hopes unless we screw up at Stillwater. But alas, they came riding into down pretty high on themselves, and we needed to knock them down a peg... :D

Royally screwed. Who? I hope everyone except OU gets royally screwed. Just who do you care about? Some of you have gotten soft. WAKE THE F**K UP!!!!!:)

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 02:45 PM
Royally screwed. Who? I hope everyone except OU gets royally screwed. Just who do you care about? Some of you have gotten soft. WAKE THE F**K UP!!!!!:)

If the 3-way tie does happen, the part that bothers me is that the tie breaker is BCS ranking. Since you have to go pretty darn far down the tie breaker rules list, it is never going to seem fair. But having voters outside the conference decide conference pairings just seems wrong. I don't mind the computer part, but there are so many conflicting interests in the human vote it seems crazy.

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 03:01 PM
If the 3-way tie does happen, the part that bothers me is that the tie breaker is BCS ranking. Since you have to go pretty darn far down the tie breaker rules list, it is never going to seem fair. But having voters outside the conference decide conference pairings just seems wrong. I don't mind the computer part, but there are so many conflicting interests in the human vote it seems crazy.

Look, I am not leaning on the fence post. I could really give two hoots about what is fair and what is not. If OU gets to the MNC, by this system, than I will gas up the car and head to miami. If not, I will go wherever they go. Making it "fair" is saying "the rich should give to the poor". JMO:pop:

MyT Oklahoma
11/23/2008, 03:45 PM
Perhaps UT would like a re-match? You think? :D

DallasSooner87
11/23/2008, 04:50 PM
Maybe Sherm pulls a miracle out of his hat, and beats Saxet, in Austin, on thanksgiving, at night. Make life easier, and cause a mega meltdown on WF. *sigh* :rolleyes:

4everasooner
11/23/2008, 05:26 PM
There are 3 games left to play before any of this matters. We will be #2 or #3 in the BCS and that puts us in a wonderful position. We may get a early Xmas gift on thanksgiving.