PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned this season...

Jason White's Third Knee
11/23/2008, 12:39 PM
Chris Brown is not just a reliable back. His workhorse status has been elevated to badass. He ran with total determination last night and had a little shake and bake to go along with it.
The number 28 must be charmed or something. We've had a friggin' beast wearing that jersey for many years now.
I never, under any circumstances want a little ting in my tang tang, nor do I want a little zing in my zang zang and so forth.

Feel free add your own revelations and/or epiphanies.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 12:40 PM
Chris Brown

meoveryouxinfinity
11/23/2008, 12:41 PM
DeMarco Murray is amazing in the slot.

noobalicious
11/23/2008, 12:43 PM
I never, under any circumstances want a little ting in my tang tang, nor do I want a little zing in my zang zang and so forth.

Agreed.

soonerfan28
11/23/2008, 12:43 PM
I have said this before and I feel like its even more true this season, but Chris Brown is the Marion Barber of our team. He is not flashy, but he seems to always get the job done. I sure thought he was gonna be stopped on the corner when I think 2 or maybe even 3 Tech defenders had the angle and he just cut back and walked in and then their was the run up the middle when he just kept pushing to get in and I couldn't help but rewind it like 5 time to watch Tech's #23 throwing a fit to the ref. Awesome back and I'm glad we've got him.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/23/2008, 12:44 PM
I'm partial to a little ching in my chang chang every once in awhile.

(I'm sorry if I just offended any of our Asian-American posters on this board)

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 12:49 PM
Agree with all and would add that number 9 doesn't ever get any national pub but is a bada** to me. JMO

Jason White's Third Knee
11/23/2008, 12:54 PM
DeMarco Murray is amazing in the slot.

That's what she said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLQKsuogUXo

ArkanSooner
11/23/2008, 01:02 PM
Quentin Cheney turned out to be alright, after all.

Travis Lewis is one baaaaaad mother-shutyomouth.

SouthFortySooner
11/23/2008, 02:16 PM
I was looking through my binocs during pre-game warm up and spied an absolute beast in crimson. Name is Calhoun. :D

OUinFLA
11/23/2008, 02:36 PM
4. The horse pigs............ well...... suc

DarrellZero
11/23/2008, 02:42 PM
5. The crowd can get raucous when it needs to. It just doesn't need to very often.

soonerfan28
11/23/2008, 02:44 PM
So far away and at this time it doesn't matter but is there any chance that Madu heads to the slot and we see some of Calhoun next year. I know we have Johnson back there also and I would hate to see either transfer.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/23/2008, 06:28 PM
4. The horse pigs............ well...... suc

The horse pigs are growing on me since they made them less cutsie and put the athletic dudes in there. I used to give them a 2 rating out of a possible ten. Now they are about a 4.

sooner518
11/23/2008, 06:35 PM
The horse pigs are growing on me since they made them less cutsie and put the athletic dudes in there. I used to give them a 2 rating out of a possible ten. Now they are about a 4.

yea, they can do backflips in the costume. that's kinda cool.

but still, theyre bad juju

Piware
11/23/2008, 09:22 PM
Agree with all and would add that number 9 doesn't ever get any national pub but is a bada** to me. JMO

When Iggy juked the 2 TT defenders last night I told my daughter he just earned that #9 with his Mark Clayton-like YAC .

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 09:28 PM
When Iggy juked the 2 TT defenders last night I told my daughter he just earned that #9 with his Mark Clayton-like YAC .

Yeah, he has been doing this for almost three years and never any pub. He's not real flashy but very effective. To me he is the JD Runnels of the team right now.He will be sorely missed next year.

sooner13f
11/23/2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah, he has been doing this for almost three years and never any pub. He's not real flashy but very effective. To me he is the JD Runnels of the team right now.He will be sorely missed next year.

That was well put. Fact-Iggy will be missed. Since his freshman year he has been money when needed.

PLaw
11/23/2008, 10:01 PM
Chris Brown is not just a reliable back. His workhorse status has been elevated to badass. He ran with total determination last night and had a little shake and bake to go along with it.
The number 28 must be charmed or something. We've had a friggin' beast wearing that jersey for many years now.

Feel free add your own revelations and/or epiphanies.

4. KW is a heckuva an OC. He is much better at OC than he was as a position coach.

5. 08 reaffirmed that you have to be sound in all three phases of the game. OU likely would be undefeated if they were not so pitiful in the kicking game.

6. We've got some great young talent on the D. Travis Lewis played like a beast all year and should be the Big XII defensive newcomer of the year. Box is coming on strong - should be stacked on D next year if the DL doesn't opt for the draft.

BOOMER

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 09:56 AM

He's mature a lot over the years though. He would drop passes early on. He's wiped that clean though.

Knippz
11/24/2008, 10:53 AM
7. The BCS still hates us.

Knippz
11/24/2008, 10:54 AM
8. Tech still sucks.

atlheff
11/24/2008, 11:11 AM
5. The crowd can get raucous when it needs to. It just doesn't need to very often.

Disagree....The crowd needs to act like that WAY more than we/they do. We finally gave our team an effort worthy of theirs.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2008, 01:21 PM
I have also learned that almost everyone's IQ is 122.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/24/2008, 01:25 PM
I love peanut butter cookies...didn't til this season for some reason