PDA

View Full Version : question about tickets last night

ouwapiti
11/23/2008, 12:35 PM
were there any tickets available last night that could've been bought for a reasonable price?????

Judge Smails
11/23/2008, 01:09 PM
were there any tickets available last night that could've been bought for a reasonable price?????

My son took some friends to the game and none of the freinds had a ticket. Right before the game started they saw a Tech fan handcuffed to a tree on the east side. One of them ended up buying his ticket for $65.00 since that guy was going to jail. :D

ouwapiti
11/23/2008, 01:16 PM
hahahaha.....must've been fate

nativesooner
11/24/2008, 12:38 AM
My son took some friends to the game and none of the freinds had a ticket. Right before the game started they saw a Tech fan handcuffed to a tree on the east side. One of them ended up buying his ticket for $65.00 since that guy was going to jail. :D

:D That's awesome! I asked about 15 different sellers (that weren't scalpers) and they all wanted between $150 and $250 each. :eek: I also asked some of the folks that were looking for pairs what kind of prices they were being told and the least amount one said was $150. There were two Tech fans sitting right in front of me that paid $400 for their pair in the NW corner. It was pretty crazy how much folks were wanting. One kid that I saw selling did say he wanted to go but $350 would be nice while he watched it at home. I looked up until about 6:30.

soonerboomer93
11/24/2008, 01:07 AM
define reasonable

I paid a pretty penny for mine, and it was worth every single dime, and them some...

Heck, I would have paid more if I had know truly how much fun and how incredible an experience that was

11/24/2008, 01:56 AM
My friend and I got to norman at around 1 and was happy to see a person on the street with some tickets. He told us 250 a piece for a regular assigned seat, and 100 for a student ticket. I am a season ticket holder, and we just needed one for my friend. So after the transfer fee, my friend got in for 140. That is not bad considering the 200 to 350 I was hearing from others. I really think that some people go stuck with tickets because of their greed, for they were quoting those prices, but I did not see many of them purchasing them for that. My other 2 friends coming in from Lawton were able to get 2 seats for 250 at around 5:30.

SleestakSooner
11/24/2008, 02:01 AM
My brother got six free tickets, we used four and he sold the other two for a hundred each. What an awesome game and I didn't have to pay a dime to see it.

soonergooner
11/24/2008, 04:21 AM
My friend and I when w/o tix with much apprehension. The first twenty or so we checked were $150-$300. Decided to party a bit and about 5:30 went fishing. Two minutes later, found a guy with two trying to unload 2 @ face in sec 37. Offered $140, the accepted, back to the tailgate!

olevetonahill
11/24/2008, 04:29 AM

TPIWWOP :D

OUTrumpet
11/24/2008, 09:47 AM
Myself and NormanPride got 4 for $450, didn't seem that bad compared to what others were asking.