PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite moments from the game...

noobalicious
11/23/2008, 12:32 PM
I have so many, and I'll probably forget some, but here's a start:

* When Tech came out of their tunnel and OU was warming up in the South endzone. They were both jumping around and taunting each other. Some guy had to pull Nic Harris back (I don't know what Tech did to Nic Harris or why the guy was so pumped up, but I loved it! He looked like he was out there to kill someone)

* The O-U-Sooners-We'reGonnaBeatTheHellOuttaYou chant at the beginning from the student section. I didn't see one student that wasn't pointing at the Tech bench and yelling as loud as possible.

* When Gerald McCoy went down, but got back up and as he was walking off the field, pumped his arms up and the crowd exploded. Awesome. May have been my favorite moment. (Also, McCoy is one of my favorite Sooners. I see him at basketball games all the time sitting in the student section and joking around).

* Jump Around. Golden. I think someone told me that Herbstreit or Musberger asked if they were in Madison. Simply amazing.

* Bob bowing down to the fans after the game. He circled the field, looking at each section and tipping his cap or bowing down. That was awesome.

* Bob actually getting fired up on the sideline. Normally we see Bob pat his players on the shoulder or something. He was like jumping up and practically chest bumping them. Amazing!

* And last, but not least, Manny Johnson's 1-handed catch. With the arm that was in a brace. Spectacular catch and a Heisman-esque throw from Bradford.

Well that's my list...feel free to elaborate or expand!

:pop:

noobalicious
11/23/2008, 12:33 PM
Oh I almost forgot...when in the intro video Bob said "and turn this ball into this ball" and he was holding the national championship trophy. And then AD said "there's only one oklahoma".

Jeebus, I practically cried lol

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 12:35 PM
Seeing Bob get pumped really gave me some goosebumps.

Oh and when we stopped there first 4 drives.... and texted all my buddies and said "i thought tech didn't punt?"

ArkanSooner
11/23/2008, 12:58 PM
Seeing so many of our guys score. We really spread the ball around, and it seemed like anyone who wanted six got one. Manny, Iglesias, Gresham, Broyles, Murray, Brown, etc. etc. Even Clayton and Lewis almost got into the end zone.

Bob was AMAZING last night, too, as others have said.

SoonerBacker
11/23/2008, 01:02 PM
Every time our running backs and/or receivers juked their defenive players right out of their jocks! Along with all the others already listed. The Jump Around was absolutley amazing.

DrZaius
11/23/2008, 01:03 PM
I just have 1 TV moment and that should show up on FARK CENTRAL soon I am sure.

Right after that thing TT calls a offensive lineman had the personal foul on the Lewis interception...there was the greatest shot of him and all of his makeup sitting on the sideline all dejected and ****. I was laughing and crying at the same time wondering what his father was thinking right then. It was AWESOME!

Iam4OUru
11/23/2008, 01:05 PM
Seeing Bob get pumped really gave me some goosebumps.

Mine ain't went down yet.:P It's hard not to feed off that.

setem
11/23/2008, 01:48 PM
Getting texts before the game from all my friends in SEC land, saying OU's NC hopes were over and discovering them at half time and calling them all back and rubbing it in their face!

Jumping around was about the most amazing thing ever!

Manny's one hander sending the place into a frenzy!

I dropped my Oakley's and one of the arms snapped off. Everyone around me was watching me try and fix them. I snapped the arm back into place and held them up and everyone cheered! We were pretty drunk, so it was entertaining!

There also was a really cute TT girl sitting in our section, who people gave crap to any chance they could. Even though she was super cute she got the hell out of Dodge midway through the 2nd quarter. VERY NICE!

OUBookbabe
11/23/2008, 02:00 PM
Bob after the game, circling the field was awesome!

OKC-SLC
11/23/2008, 02:09 PM
This sounds like one of the more magical games to have been at. Probably since the 2000 NU game.

Wish I could have been there.

The jumping on TV did look outstanding, by the way. Even some of the old fogies were doing it.

SoonerObsession
11/23/2008, 02:15 PM
The touchdown reception from Iglesias. Most of you at the game probably saw the awesome juke, but watch a replay of the game and you will see a block that was thrown around the 10 yard line. It was nasty! Anyone know who threw the block?

OKC-SLC
11/23/2008, 02:17 PM
* Jump Around. Golden. I think someone told me that Herbstreit or Musberger asked if they were in Madison. Simply amazing.

Good post/thread, noob.

I have to ask the board--what did that comment about Madison mean? (It was exactly what you heard--toward the end of the pan shots of the crowd and players jumping, Herbstreit asked if they were in Madison.

I don't get it.

josh09
11/23/2008, 02:36 PM
Watching 85,000 people jump around like that before halftime nearly brought tears to my eyes with pride :D

josh09
11/23/2008, 02:38 PM
Good post/thread, noob.

I have to ask the board--what did that comment about Madison mean? (It was exactly what you heard--toward the end of the pan shots of the crowd and players jumping, Herbstreit asked if they were in Madison.

I don't get it.

I think Madison Square Garden? Thats the only thing i could think of.

aurorasooner
11/23/2008, 02:49 PM
Bob bowing down to the fans after the game. He circled the field, looking at each section and tipping his cap or bowing down. That was awesome. I'd like to see a quality video of that posted preferably on SoonerSports.com (YT would be ok).

PrideTrombone
11/23/2008, 02:53 PM
I think Madison Square Garden? Thats the only thing i could think of.

Wisconsin's student section (it's in Madison) is known for, well, jumping around to "Jump Around."

CtheB
11/23/2008, 02:54 PM
Good post/thread, noob.

I don't get it.

Madison, WI is the home of Camp Randall Stadium (U of Wisconsin) and is arguably the most raucous crowd in college football. The noise there is deafening. Just like last night.

OKC-SLC
11/23/2008, 02:55 PM
Wisconsin's student section (it's in Madison) is known for, well, jumping around to "Jump Around."

I figured it was related to UWisc. Thanks for info.

josh09
11/23/2008, 02:58 PM

Ah i see. Ok that makes more sense lol i had no idea why Herbstreit would be talking about a basketball arena.

OU-HSV
11/23/2008, 02:59 PM
I'd say my favorite moment wasn't really a moment...but it was the atmosphere. Everybody was going nuts..it was awesome. And Bob looked fired up, I liked seeing that.

Included in my favorite moments is the moment when there was about 2 minutes left in the third qtr, and my Tech fan buddy folded and told me he was ready to leave whenever I was. I told him I wasn't leaving yet, so we stayed a little into the 4th Qtr. Then we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and I let the Tech fans I was with buy me a couple beers they owed me. Not to mention my buddy's wife lost a bet with me and she had to wear one of my OU jackets at the bar. Good times.

This sounds like one of the more magical games to have been at. Probably since the 2000 NU game.

Wish I could have been there.

The jumping on TV did look outstanding, by the way. Even some of the old fogies were doing it.

Yeah, I wish you could have come to town and gone with us. It was crazy.

soonerfan28
11/23/2008, 03:00 PM
I'll have to say when we shut them down after the first 5 plays of the game and then went down and scored.
Nic Harris' hit even though he got screwed.
Watching Bob like it was 2000 all over again. He looked so young and loose. He's gotten a little more uptight in front of the cameras.

okienole3
11/23/2008, 03:01 PM
Chaney made the block.

Wishboned
11/23/2008, 03:02 PM
From that opening video, to the players taking the victory lap around the field.

Everything about the game was just incredible.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
11/23/2008, 03:05 PM
Jump around after the interception and score.

Here's a video of our crowd going insane:
http://computertechinokc.com/Jump.html

rubyspirit
11/23/2008, 03:05 PM
Manny's one arm catch and drum major run into the end zone. Spectacular!

Iggy faking out TWO players and making a TD. Cool way to end your Senior season and last home game.
:D

Crimson Kid
11/23/2008, 03:06 PM
Mine was the int just before half time, that made me a even happier man. :)

whplash16
11/23/2008, 03:07 PM
Dude. I've been to a few big wins, but that was the best game I've ever been a part of. Us stopping 'Tceh' on 4th down twice in a row was pretty sweet. The pick right before the half was even better. We had just been discussing how freaking awesome it would be to get a pick right then, even though we figured Tech would play it safe. Guess not.