PDA

View Full Version : The Game looked

DrZaius
11/23/2008, 12:06 PM
kickass on tv. I have not seen the stadium rockin like that in a long time. Was it as crazy as it looked on tv?

To ALL the fans that made it there... This BUDS for you!

Man I am a dumbass for not makin it there.

BermudaSooner
11/23/2008, 12:10 PM
It was nuts.

Anyone know where I can pick up my game ball?

noobalicious
11/23/2008, 12:13 PM
I've never seen ALL the fans at a game stand up for the entire game, or be as loud the entire game. Loudest sporting event I've ever been to ever, and I've been to some other college stadiums with decent reps.

It was indescribably awesome...

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 12:14 PM
It was nuts.

Heh.

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 12:16 PM
Could have bought two tickets for $600 but the guy I was going to buy them from said he didn't have a credit card machine.:O

nBoSTP
11/23/2008, 12:56 PM
I must admit that looked really fun when they started playing Jump Around and the whole stadium starting jumping. Plus it looked awesome on TV also.

auto
11/23/2008, 01:01 PM
I can barely speak, I was yelling every time Tech huddled. Awesome atmosphere.

OUBookbabe
11/23/2008, 01:49 PM
Absolutely the most fun I have had at a game in YEARS!

OU-HSV
11/23/2008, 02:10 PM
I can barely speak, I was yelling every time Tech huddled. Awesome atmosphere.

I'm right there with you...I already had a sore throat from a cold that I have. I was up in the north endzone yelling louder and more than I ever have. After half, my yells were worthless and sounded like yelps/whispers. So I had to stop yelling in the 3rd qtr and I could only clap and raise my arms in the air.
I've never seen/heard our stadium that wild. It was an amazing feeling and one helluva atmosphere. As called upon by Stoops, we sure showed up.

Did you all see on the jumbo tron the fan that had the shirt on that said "Bob Stoops told me to be loud", good stuff.

DeadSolidPerfect
11/23/2008, 02:21 PM
At 42-7 with 18 seconds left in the first half it was the craziest I've ever seen Memorial Stadium. I've been going since '75 and I've never seen anything close to last night. I told my date, who's first time at an OU game was last night, to enjoy what she was seeing because it's never been like this before.

Crimson_Balls
11/23/2008, 02:35 PM
I was very fortunate to be in Memorial Stadium last night.

It was an electric atmosphere!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Crimson_Balls
11/23/2008, 02:37 PM
Can anyone post a youtube clip of the "jump around" session??

I want to see it on TV!!

mdklatt
11/23/2008, 02:42 PM
I've never seen ALL the fans at a game stand up for the entire game, or be as loud the entire game. Loudest sporting event I've ever been to ever, and I've been to some other college stadiums with decent reps.

It was indescribably awesome...

Even the donors were getting into it. :texan:

OU-HSV
11/23/2008, 03:10 PM
I was very fortunate to be in Memorial Stadium last night.

It was an electric atmosphere!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Word

King Crimson
11/23/2008, 03:14 PM
kickass on tv.

agreed.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 03:20 PM
Watching on the tube, I couldn't believe the noise in the 3rd qtr when we had 52 points on the board. And then when Sam and Manny hooked-up to make it 58, it went crazy again! Kudos to everyone that made it to the game !!

chad
11/23/2008, 03:24 PM
Can anyone post a youtube clip of the "jump around" session??

I want to see it on TV!!
http://computertechinokc.com/Jump.html

Complements of BoomerSoonerGoOU (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2497821&postcount=2)

OU-HSV
11/23/2008, 03:24 PM
Watching on the tube, I couldn't believe the noise in the 3rd qtr when we had 52 points on the board. And then when Sam and Manny hooked-up to make it 58, it went crazy again! Kudos to everyone that made it to the game !!

I was at the game, but I DVR'd it as well...I can't wait to see it on t.v.

Crimson_Balls
11/23/2008, 03:25 PM
http://computertechinokc.com/Jump.html

Complements of BoomerSoonerGoOU (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2497821&postcount=2)

THANKS!!

soonersweetie
11/23/2008, 03:36 PM
It was by far the most fun I've ever had at a game in Norman and I've been going since I was 3. I was with my dad and everyone, I mean everyone (even the 80 yr old donors) were up jumpin around.

It was like a party! One giant Sooner Party!~

There ain't nothin like being a Sooner!!! And if you have to try and explain it to someone, well, don't bother, they just don't get it.

Jdog
11/23/2008, 03:41 PM
Fan attitude was the best that I've seen since Neb in 2000. We left late in the 4th and from outside the stadium you could still tell when Tech had the ball because of the noise.

bluedogok
11/23/2008, 10:05 PM
I'm right there with you...I already had a sore throat from a cold that I have. I was up in the north endzone yelling louder and more than I ever have. After half, my yells were worthless and sounded like yelps/whispers. So I had to stop yelling in the 3rd qtr and I could only clap and raise my arms in the air.
I've never seen/heard our stadium that wild. It was an amazing feeling and one helluva atmosphere. As called upon by Stoops, we sure showed up.
We were in the North End Zone as well (Section 21) but I get a bit too wound up to really yell. My wife didn't enjoy the game much but I sure did :D

To me it was the most "electric" that I have felt there since the 85 OU-Nebraska game.

OU-HSV
11/23/2008, 10:07 PM
We were in the North End Zone as well (Section 21) but I get a bit too wound up to really yell. My wife didn't enjoy the game much but I sure did :D

To me it was the most "electric" that I have felt there since the 85 OU-Nebraska game.

I was in sec 18. Yep it was awesome

soonerboomer93
11/23/2008, 11:40 PM
it was in ****ing sane

SoonerPr8r
11/23/2008, 11:42 PM
I took my fiancee to the game before the game she was an UGA fan.....I think that atmosphere changed her mind, both of our voices are still gone.

I saw the replay of the game on ESPNU earlier. In the fourth quarter you could hear the crowd chanting "overrated" over the announcers. The student section had been chanting it and shaking their keys since half time.

1890MilesToNorman
11/23/2008, 11:50 PM
Green with envy!! I sure miss going to the games. I've been to a couple dozen but not in many years. You guys did great job last night, you were as important as the play on the field. The place looked like it was rocking on TV.

SoonerPr8r
11/23/2008, 11:57 PM
One of the funniest parts of being there was when the Tech flag carriers forgot how to spell again an came running out with T C E H at the beginning. The entire stadium was laughing at them!

OU1988
11/24/2008, 01:00 AM
If we could maintain anything close to that kind of atmosphere for ALL home games, we'd never lose one again.

sooner2b09
11/24/2008, 01:13 AM
It was nuts.

Bob just said on his show that he is putting it in the Switzer center in a display!

ouflak
11/24/2008, 08:12 AM
I had to be quiet since the game was on from 1 am to about 5 am here in England and my (pregnant) wife was sleeping in the next room. Nevertheless my arms were sore the next day from all of the fist pumping. I asked my wife if she heard me anyway and she said, "ofcourse". The electricity of the crowd oozed through the TV screen.

Ofcourse, my TV is pretty old....

OUTrumpet
11/24/2008, 10:07 AM
That was the only game I was able to make this season. I had a complete blast. I had to put my ear in front of my fiance's mouth several times just to hear what she was saying. Was just getting over a sore throat and still had a pretty bad cough. Thanks to everyone for making it a great place to be!

PhiDeltBeers
11/24/2008, 10:07 AM
I've been sucking on lozenges since Sunday morning. I still can barely talk. I rewatched the game Sunday morning, but I don't think that TV does any justice on how crazy it was. It was truely an unbelievable experience. One I'll remember for years to come. Boomer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!