PDA

View Full Version : Corso and Herbstreit

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/23/2008, 10:56 AM
STILL vote Texas ahead of Oklahoma and have us back at fourth and their glorious reasoning is "well Texas beat Oklahoma head to head"

Then they better vote Mississippi ahead of Florida
Iowa ahead of Penn State
Oregon State ahead of USC
So on and so forth

oumartin
11/23/2008, 10:58 AM
Don't bring logic into their argument..

the only reason they say this is because both are 1 loss teams. It wouldn't make sense to put a 3 loss ole miss or 3 loss oregon state above USC or Florida.

its easier for them to explain when its 2 one loss teams...

bmjlr
11/23/2008, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately, that is the way a lot of people see it. I see that xaset beat OU, but then again, Tech beat xaset, and OU beat Tech. Ok, OU didn't beat Tech, the stomped them. The system sucks.

85Sooner
11/23/2008, 11:01 AM
Dumb *** idiots suck

oudivesherpa
11/23/2008, 11:03 AM
In place of the North and South Divisional Champions meeting in the Big XII title game, have the two highest ranked Big XII meet. This would put O U v.UT in the Title game. Of course under this format the Big XII North would see a Title game once every ten years or so and make the Big XII North even more pointless.

soonerfan28
Bobs reasoning makes more since, but I believe this was about the same argument that Miami and Washington had back in 2000 with FSU. I think we have to kill OSU and A&M has to keep it close or that logic will still fly. I guess a 44 beatdown of #2 isn't that big of a deal well if we score 80 in Stoolwater then they'll have to give us some love.

TMcGee86
Don't bring logic into their argument..

the only reason they say this is because both are 1 loss teams. It wouldn't make sense to put a 3 loss ole miss or 3 loss oregon state above USC or Florida.

its easier for them to explain when its 2 one loss teams...

Then they better vote Tech ahead of Texas.

soonermeteor
11/23/2008, 11:05 AM
Anyone who puts Texas above OU has to justify dropping Tech below them. "Tech had a terrible loss and deserves to fall". Oh yeah? Who gave them that beat down? Stoops also brought something up yesterday that I've been harping all week. Clearly the pollsters are looking for better wins towards the end and forgetting past losses, otherwise Florida would not be #3. I still believe they should have NEVER jumped either Texas, OU, and even USC. Losing to an unranked team at home? What a joke!

Pat Forde of ESPN summed up what happened last night the best I think:
"Going into this game, the Horns were in the rare position of rooting for the Sooners to take down Tech. But Oklahoma did the job too well. A blowout win changes the dynamic."

oumartin
11/23/2008, 11:06 AM
they have dismissed tech just as they have Penn State. they are comparing OU/TX not OU/TX/Tech.

Why? I don't have any idea but I think it helps their argument when you dismiss Tech. Its all stupid.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 11:07 AM
Stoops pointed out that UF is getting so much credit because they have played so well since their lone loss - if that's the case, it should apply to the Sooners.

The only thing I don't like about Bob lobbying is that it might cause the players to think about it instead of focusing on next week. But with the way BCS voting works, some votes may be determined before next weeks game, so Bob is forced to get in his say now.

trwxxa
11/23/2008, 11:10 AM
Pat Forde of ESPN summed up what happened last night the best I think:
"Going into this game, the Horns were in the rare position of rooting for the Sooners to take down Tech. But Oklahoma did the job too well. A blowout win changes the dynamic."

All logic aside, this kind of sums it up but in a different way. OU did the job so well, they removed Tech from the argument if there is a three way tie.

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 11:10 AM
I understand why they don't vote Iowa, Oregon State and Mississippi over the teams they beat...as none of those teams are a one loss team.

The real logic is comparing each team the one loss teams lost to IMO.

OU, Texas and Tech are all one loss teams who have beat each other. The recent comparison I'm hearing is that Texas gets the nod because they beat OU by 10. The rest is just saying that Tech is a poser and got lucky against Texas on their Home Field. The thing that kills me is...imagine how bad we'd look right now if we'd won by 1 point last night. We trOUnced Tech and the experts can't see that our Defense has rebounded and that OU is the BEST/HOTTEST TEAM IN THE BIG XII!

If there is anything that bothers me....it's that right now.

Now...we need to go on the road and level the pukes on their Home Field.

That...I hope...will straighten this out.

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 11:12 AM
Stoops pointed out that UF is getting so much credit because they have played so well since their lone loss - if that's the case, it should apply to the Sooners.

Yep

GrapevineSooner
11/23/2008, 11:18 AM
I understand why they don't vote Iowa, Oregon State and Mississippi over the teams they beat...as none of those teams are a one loss team.

The real logic is comparing each team the one loss teams lost to IMO.

OU, Texas and Tech are all one loss teams who have beat each other. The recent comparison I'm hearing is that Texas gets the nod because they beat OU by 10. The rest is just saying that Tech is a poser and got lucky against Texas on their Home Field. The thing that kills me is...imagine how bad we'd look right now if we'd won by 1 point last night. We trOUnced Tech and the experts can't see that our Defense has rebounded and that OU is the BEST/HOTTEST TEAM IN THE BIG XII!

If there is anything that bothers me....it's that right now.

Now...we need to go on the road and level the pukes on their Home Field.

That...I hope...will straighten this out.

Which, in turn, would render Texas' argument that they lost to Tech on the road and beat OU on a neutral field moot since they only managed a four point win over the Pokes back in October.

Just win and do so in convincing fashion, and everything will take care of itself.

soonerfan28
11/23/2008, 11:18 AM
Lobby away Bobby because we are gonna hammer OSU next week and hopefully shut this bull**** up. OSU is again a team that almost beat Texas at Texas and when we beat OSU at there house then that should garner us respect. Texas got OSU at home and barely won and we're gonna beat em bad at there house.

oumartin
11/23/2008, 11:22 AM
OSU will give OU fits. totally different team than the tacho tech types

count on it.

they will have to score 50 to win and i don't think they will but they could easily score in the 30's or 40's

soonerfan28
11/23/2008, 11:26 AM
I don't think OSU will score 21 and they'll be lucky to hold us under 60 for the 4th game in a row.

oumartin
11/23/2008, 11:29 AM
what makes you think that? OU has hell with OSU up in Stillwater.
Have we shut down a mobile QB at all this year?
you tell me one team that OU has played that has the weapons that OSU does. both in the running and passing game.

Partial Qualifier
11/23/2008, 11:36 AM
the saving grace is, OSU's defense is suspect and we can play keep-away with them to a large extent

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 11:45 AM
OSU will be tougher. Their balance makes them harder to scheme against than TT. Also, they will have had 2 weeks to plan for us and we will have 1 weeks prep. But they gave up 7 TD drives in a row against TT and our offense is better than Tech's. We just need to execute.

TMcGee86
11/23/2008, 11:47 AM
what makes you think that? OU has hell with OSU up in Stillwater.
Have we shut down a mobile QB at all this year?
you tell me one team that OU has played that has the weapons that OSU does. both in the running and passing game.

This is what worries me as well.

Tech can be shut down if you rush the QB. OSU has a better running game and a mobile QB. They are much more similar to UT than they are to TTU.

Bosley
11/23/2008, 11:48 AM
the saving grace is, OSU's defense is suspect and we can play keep-away with them to a large extent

Isn't this the exact same thing we were saying about Tech last week?

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 11:49 AM
Which, in turn, would render Texas' argument that they lost to Tech on the road and beat OU on a neutral field moot since they only managed a four point win over the Pokes back in October.

Just win and do so in convincing fashion, and everything will take care of itself.

YEP HANG 100!

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 11:54 AM
Then they better vote Tech ahead of Texas.

Exactly!!!!

soonerfan28
11/23/2008, 12:18 PM
The last time we played a moblie QB that I can think of was Griffin and that we have progressed as a D since that game. So whats next that they have a great O-line because thats what they said about Tech. The way I see it we have the same D-line that we had last year and then some and his mobility didn't hurt is last year. He had a few big plays but we corrected that in the 2nd quarter and he was a non factor. I don't think they have a great offense especially when Hunter is battling an injury. Dez Bryant is not Crabtree and we saw what Crabtree did last night. Stuff the run and we blow em out.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 12:19 PM
His ONLY argument - UT beat OU. Ok, if that's the case, then TT should be ahead of UT...dumbest argument in the history of CFB.

Because it's a 3 way tie and not a 2 way tie. If it comes down between OU and Texas, Texas gets the nod. But it's not, it's between OU, TTU, and Texas.

Bottom line: if OU beats OSU next week in a convincing manner (better than Texas' 4 pt win over OSU at home), OU goes.

No matter what, OU or Texas will get royally screwed!

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 12:27 PM
His ONLY argument - UT beat OU. Ok, if that's the case, then TT should be ahead of UT...dumbest argument in the history of CFB.

Because it's a 3 way tie and not a 2 way tie. If it comes down between OU and Texas, Texas gets the nod. But it's not, it's between OU, TTU, and Texas.

Bottom line: if OU beats OSU next week in a convincing manner (better than Texas' 4 pt win over OSU at home), OU goes.

No matter what, OU or Texas will get royally screwed!

I agree. OU just stomped a pacific ocean sized mudhole on a team that, for 3 quarters, beat up texas and your only argument is that Texas beat OU head to head. So what. How comes OU can't get some of that "what have you done for me lately" stuff that we here so much about. I mean where is that?

UTsucks
11/23/2008, 12:35 PM
I agree. OU just stomped a pacific ocean sized mudhole on a team that, for 3 quarters, beat up texas and your only argument is that Texas beat OU head to head. So what. How comes OU can't get some of that "what have you done for me lately" stuff that we here so much about. I mean where is that?

Our last 4 BCS games is why it's simple. Had we WON any of them maybe we get some love. Not saying it's correct but either way OU or UT gets fckd this year. WE need a playoff! :pop:

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 12:36 PM
yep

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 12:36 PM
I think USC might end up in the fiesta bowl also .........

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 12:40 PM
Our last 4 BCS games is why it's simple. Had we WON any of them maybe we get some love. Not saying it's correct but either way OU or UT gets fckd this year. WE need a playoff! :pop:

I know one of the teams is gonna get fckd, but are you saying that because of the last 4 bcs games OU is gonna get the shaft when it comes to voting?

UTsucks
11/23/2008, 12:49 PM
I know one of the teams is gonna get fckd, but are you saying that because of the last 4 bcs games OU is gonna get the shaft when it comes to voting?

Yes I am at least from the coaches

cvsooner
11/23/2008, 01:04 PM

I have to agree here. We're suffering from the same thing Ohio State is suffering from: the perception that we fold under pressure in a BCS game. Right, wrong, or indifferent, that's the way it's seen, not so much by the coaches (well, them too) but especially by media types, and even a lot of college football fans. They want to see a really good GAME for the national championship, and the last one was...USC-Texas. Meanwhile, we've lost four BCS games in a row, as has Ohio State. I think that's what's hurting us as much as anything.

As far as the circular "we beat Tech and Texas lost to Tech but beat us" reasoning...throw it out. It's meaningless. Compare common opponents, compare nonconference schedules...and most importantly, in my book...if we played today, who do you think will win?

I'd have to pick the Sooners, based on how we played last night. IF we can play like that three more tmes this season, maybe only Florida could hang with us.

okiewaker
11/23/2008, 01:10 PM
I have to agree here. We're suffering from the same thing Ohio State is suffering from: the perception that we fold under pressure in a BCS game. Right, wrong, or indifferent, that's the way it's seen, not so much by the coaches (well, them too) but especially by media types, and even a lot of college football fans. They want to see a really good GAME for the national championship, and the last one was...USC-Texas. Meanwhile, we've lost four BCS games in a row, as has Ohio State. I think that's what's hurting us as much as anything.

As far as the circular "we beat Tech and Texas lost to Tech but beat us" reasoning...throw it out. It's meaningless. Compare common opponents, compare nonconference schedules...and most importantly, in my book...if we played today, who do you think will win?
I'd have to pick the Sooners, based on how we played last night. IF we can play like that three more tmes this season, maybe only Florida could hang with us.

Which is what I said in an earlier post. The "what have you done for me lately" thing. Where is that?

SCxxSOONER
11/23/2008, 01:19 PM
well if thats the way they see it tech beat texass so tech should still be ahead of the whorns b/c they are both 1 loss teams..

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 01:22 PM
Hope the voters realize its a 3 way tie, not a 2 way tie

2k2 c5
11/23/2008, 01:30 PM
STILL vote Texas ahead of Oklahoma and have us back at fourth and their glorious reasoning is "well Texas beat Oklahoma head to head"

a$$hats, both. They make fun of Sammy saying he felt we should move up because the polls seem to embrace "what have you done lately?" and then point out Texas won the head to head, emphasizing that as more important. Looks like rock/paper/scissors to me and the tie breaker is still the polls which have always embraced "what have you done lately?" or we wouldn't see USuC in the top 20.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/23/2008, 02:44 PM
we will be okay....I think we will all be happy when the BCS comes out. UT may be in front of us, but we are going to be pretty close. Especially if we make up ground in the Harris poll like we did in the Coach's.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/23/2008, 02:45 PM
Let me clarify....we will be happier than first expected. I know we all want to pass UT this week, but it won't happen.

But a win next week on the road against a Top 15 team, will be enough to get us over the hump.

soonerfan28
11/23/2008, 02:46 PM
I still think A&M has to play beyond what they are capable and we need to blow OSU out.

ashley
11/23/2008, 03:08 PM
With no playoff they need to vote who is the best at the present time.
FU is better than Miss and Penn ST. Is better than Iowa and we are better than tu.

Jdog
11/23/2008, 03:19 PM

From what I hear Terdy and A$$so were saying that the two Homer teams won their games as they should - But that Tejas won theirs at a neutered (ball less) site (in north tejas).

So I say lets play tejas in Miami at a real neutered site and lets see who wins.