3) Bama
4) OU
5) Utah
6) Boone U.
7) FL
8) PSU
9) GA
10) SoCal

Not good for OU, but his little computer is on-board with the dominance of the Big 12 and doesn't overrate the SEC like everyone else...

okienole3
11/23/2008, 09:21 AM
what a crock.

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 09:24 AM
Idiot.

IronHorseSooner
11/23/2008, 09:27 AM
The further nightmare scenario is for UT to be #1 in one component (computer), TTECH to be ahead in another (don't know which one), and OU to be ahead in another (most likely the Harris Poll). That would leave the Coaches poll.

PLaw
11/23/2008, 09:30 AM
TIME OUT!!!

OU pummels ttu and ttu is ahead???

I've always thought the computers took out the emotion and used data to get to logicial conclusions. However, if the progammer is illogical, then regardless of the data, bad conclusions result.

BOOMER

Czar Soonerov
11/23/2008, 09:38 AM
It's just because UT & TT have played OSU & OU hasn't yet. It will balance out after we stomp Gumby a new one.

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 09:40 AM
It's just because UT & TT have played OSU & OU hasn't yet. It will balance out after we stomp Gumby a new one.
I agree with you Czar.

We need to walk into Stoolwater and ring it up like we did last night.

Do that...we're headed to Arrowhead.

OKC-SLC
11/23/2008, 09:40 AM
The real trouble with the computers is gonna be how they rank Texas vs. us. They'll take a hit by playing aTm next week, and we'll get help by playing okstate.

Remember, the computers (including Sagarin) give you credit for games played, not games scheduled. He has our schedule strength at 26 right now. It was, I think, 43rd last week. One game against TT gives us help, as will the game against Okstate next week.

OKC-SLC
11/23/2008, 09:41 AM

what czar said.

OUHOMER
11/23/2008, 09:42 AM

exactly. when tt plays BU they will fall, when tu plays A&M they will fall. When OU kicks the sheep herders we should rise.

I just hope its enough

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 09:45 AM
exactly. when tt plays BU they will fall, when tu plays A&M they will fall. When OU kicks the sheep herders we should rise.

I just hope its enough

I think we really need TTech to not stumble against Baylor as many analysts think that Tech's win over the whorns was a fluke now.

the whorns need to stumble against TAMU...that would help us.

I'd like that scenario to take place as I think it will help with the fall your calling for.

OUHOMER
11/23/2008, 09:47 AM
I think we really need TTech to not stumble against Baylor as many analysts think that Tech's win over the whorns was a fluke now.

the whorns need to stumble against TAMU...that would help us.

I'd like that scenario to take place as I think it will help with the fall your calling for.

Absolutely:D

yermom
11/23/2008, 10:16 AM
we don't want any part of Baylor beating Tech

if the 3-way ties breaks, all this is moot, Texas clobbers aTm and goes to KC

if Texas loses, all we need to do is win since we have head-to-head on Tech

stoopified
11/23/2008, 10:18 AM
At least now we know where the Oklahoman gets their REALTY ratings. :D

Indy Sooner
11/23/2008, 11:43 AM
TIME OUT!!!

OU pummels ttu and ttu is ahead???

I've always thought the computers took out the emotion and used data to get to logicial conclusions. However, if the progammer is illogical, then regardless of the data, bad conclusions result.

BOOMER

The Billingsley computer ratings won't make this mistake when that version of the myriad nonhuman inputs is released later today.

Boomer.....
11/23/2008, 12:08 PM
Link?

From what I saw, it looks like they updated the records and games but not the rankings because everyone was in the same spot.

noobalicious
11/23/2008, 12:25 PM
Better not be updated. Because that in-and-of-itself would be a perfect argument for getting rid of the BCS and replacing with a playoff

tommieharris91
11/23/2008, 12:28 PM
Link?

From what I saw, it looks like they updated the records and games but not the rankings because everyone was in the same spot.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm

It's updated, too.

We're really close to Texas Tech and Florida in this ranking. Beat OSU and we get to #2 at least.