PDA

View Full Version : Tech Tried Too Hard? WTF?

tulsaoilerfan
11/23/2008, 04:18 AM
According to Leach and a couple of players, Tech lost because they were too excited and tried too hard; that almost ranks up there with it was a little windy as an excuse. Geez :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2008, 04:19 AM
I heard that and laughed my *** off...I understand to an extent, but not to THIS extent!

RedstickSooner
11/23/2008, 04:49 AM
Bah, how tame -- I was hoping he'd accuse us of intercepting his playcalls from the sideline again. What year was that? Because it was pretty awesome :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/23/2008, 05:13 AM
Well it is Mike Leach's job to protect his kids and try to find reason. Not to mention..what do you say? I mean I don't think anyone expected this.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2008, 05:58 AM
I simultaneously expected it and was scared as hell of this game...luckily my arrogance won the battle!

sendbaht
11/23/2008, 06:23 AM
Great, then don't try so hard next time and we will beat you 95 to 21...

Sooner70
11/23/2008, 07:59 AM
Either he has deluded himself, or he failed to learn the honesty & blunt post game assessments of his team's performance from his mentor, Bob Stoops. TT got their butts kicked big time,plain & simple. Even the announcers called that. OU's defense came thru big time & the offense did their normal exceptionally, good thing with the help of a remarkably inspired running game. Stoops coulda made it 72-14 if he'd wanted to.

This game reminded me a lot of the Mizzou Big 12 championship game last year. Trash talking Chase Daniel & his teammates came to town got it handed to them big time by an inspired & talented team that finally played up to their potential. The Red Raiders are a talented team, but ran into a buzz saw in Norman they weren't expecting.

The Fans helped a lot too.

GrapevineSooner
11/23/2008, 09:04 AM
Have you ever heard Bob say his team needs to settle down and they'll be fine?

That's essentially the same logic that Leach is using here. And I think he's got a point.

Tech appeared to come out of the gates a little too hyped up and never could get on track.

And besides, didn't Leach say he'd vote us over Texas in the Coaches Poll? ;)

1890MilesToNorman
11/23/2008, 09:39 AM
I tried to get drunk yesterday but I failed miserably, I think i tried to hard and never settled into a rhythm. I dropped a few too. :P

hgarmorer
11/23/2008, 09:52 AM
I tried to get drunk yesterday but I failed miserably, I think i tried to hard and never settled into a rhythm. I dropped a few too. :PGood reasoning, lucky for you there's always today. Good luck, stay focused and remember, drink like a champion today!!

humblesooner
11/23/2008, 10:05 AM
I really expected more from Mike Leach. He is usually very clever and witty in interviews. I sort of expected him to have a "They made us walk the plank" type response.
You could tell in his on-the-field interview right after the game, that this one really got to him.
This was not his normal pattern of behavior.
Maybe it is time for him to move on.

RiddlerOK
11/23/2008, 11:15 AM
He sure looked a little shell-shocked at the end of the first half. I never have seen him struggle so much to wax eloquent with the media on the way to the locker room. :)

MichiganSooner
11/23/2008, 11:22 AM
I did not see his post game interview. At halftime, he was shell shocked. I thought his comments at that time were very good and composed. What else could he have said? I would have shoved the camerman down and grabbed the lady's mike and given it a toss if they approached me and asked, "why is your team doing so crappy and what will you do in the second half to turn it around?"

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 11:26 AM
What do you expect him to say - we didn't leave him much to grasp at. He has to say something to pick his players off the mat and get them ready for next week. Baylor has been getting tougher by the week and Tech could still end up in the CCG if they take care of business. Besides, we need him to win and he did say he was voting us ahead of UT, so I'm going to cut him some slack ;)