PDA

View Full Version : My favorite play

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 02:08 AM
The 60+ yard bomb to Manny Johnson. A perfect pass by Sam and that almost one-handed snag by Manny with that heavily braced left arm and throw in the high step to avoid the arm-sweep tackle. Pure poetry. Just knowing what a great year Johnson was having and then to get hurt and fight through it. The play gave me goose bumps for all those reasons.

tommieharris91
11/23/2008, 02:11 AM
I'm still peeing my pants over that move that Iggy put on the Tceh defenders.

My pants are drenched right now.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 02:13 AM
I was hard throughout

aurorasooner
11/23/2008, 02:27 AM
I don't see how at least one of those plays didn't make SpC's top 10 plays of the week. I guess MJ has to have his arm in a full cast from his shoulder to his knuckles and catch a TD with only only his fingertips to make it. Can't b!tch though, we're getting plenty of luv from SpC tonight.
BTW, when JI reached the endzone after his "that's just sic" cut, did anyone notice him holding his arm to his side coming off the field? It looked like he took a shot to his bicep about the goal line and then got piled on by 3 of our guys celebrating.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 02:29 AM
I saw that and it looked like a very hard hit to his upper arm as he was going down in the endzone. Did he play more after that ?

Curly Bill
11/23/2008, 02:31 AM
I saw that and it looked like a very hard hit to his upper arm as he was going down in the endzone. Did he play more after that ?

Yep

StormySooner-IN
11/23/2008, 02:33 AM
The above listed...then the pick and the fumble both returned to the 5 were epic.

freshchris05
11/23/2008, 02:34 AM
The 60+ yard bomb to Manny Johnson. A perfect pass by Sam and that almost one-handed snag by Manny with that heavily braced left arm and throw in the high step to avoid the arm-sweep tackle. Pure poetry. Just knowing what a great year Johnson was having and then to get hurt and fight through it. The play gave me goose bumps for all those reasons.

Me too.. Last game in norman, it was a good way to remember a senior

OU_Sooners75
11/23/2008, 02:35 AM
My Favorite play actually resulted in a Penalty...a BS penalty, but a penalty none the less.

The hit Nic Harris put on the WR (not sure the name) that got called a PF...well after the play.

Was a Great hit and a very legal hit. Good to see the emotion like that. Hope it continues.

adoniijahsooner
11/23/2008, 03:41 AM
broyles diving into the endzone, with the ball in one hand.

Thesifer
11/23/2008, 04:17 AM
Graham getting sacked two plays in a row.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2008, 04:25 AM
All good plays, but that hit in the previous post was awesome.

AlbqSooner
11/23/2008, 09:05 AM
Opening Kickoff. After that it was too much of a beatdown. I felt sorry for Tech. :D

OUHOMER
11/23/2008, 09:13 AM
My Favorite play actually resulted in a Penalty...a BS penalty, but a penalty none the less.

The hit Nic Harris put on the WR (not sure the name) that got called a PF...well after the play.

Was a Great hit and a very legal hit. Good to see the emotion like that. Hope it continues.

I watched the WR walk over to the sidelines after that hit. He was out of it, He walked to the sidelines, turned south and looked like he was heading to the locker room. Somebody reached out and stopped him. He came back got down on one knee and stayed that way for a while. To be honest I felt sorry him for a few minutes.

That hit may have ruined his career. He will always hear foot steps when he goes across the middle from now on.:eek: :D

Jacie
11/23/2008, 09:16 AM
The onside kick attempt.

After that, their front rank couldn't peel back to protect the ball carrier before seeing what path the ball was going to take.

I think that helped OUr coverage guys get to the return man further downfield.

It was good to see Stoops rolling the dice again.

1890MilesToNorman
11/23/2008, 09:17 AM
Manny catching that pass with his wounded wing was pretty special. Nic Harric absolutely punishing that receiver on the play he got flagged was nice too (looked like a clean hit to me). There were a lot of outstanding plays last night, too many to list but I can't wait to watch this game again when I get some time tomorrow.

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 09:17 AM

Yep....my favorite too.

1890MilesToNorman
11/23/2008, 09:24 AM
On ther other side of things the play that made me shake my head was when Sam hit Gresham in the hands at the goal line and he muffed it. It didn't matter though, we put it in a couple plays later.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/23/2008, 10:37 AM
all great plays! eventhough it scared the hell outta me, when murray took the hand-off and ran into the pile and changed direction, then looking as though he was going to get tackled for a loss, pushed down the sideline and spinning for a first down was crazy!

Murray was on a different level last night. it has been awesome watching him regain his swagger.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/23/2008, 10:45 AM
My favorite was the pass Iglesias caught, took a Murray-of-Old type cut, faking out at least 3 guys, and went in to score. I didn't know Iglesias had that ability.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 10:46 AM
It was such a great game, I can only think of 2 plays I didn't like. The Greshem drop - but that allowed the IG "lost jockstraps" play. The Nic Harris horse collar - could have really hurt Crabtree and there was no call for that.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2008, 10:47 AM
Oh, another good play: Stevens hit a field goal right down the middle :D

RiddlerOK
11/23/2008, 11:02 AM
You know you are clicking when Jimmy's hitting. :)