PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bob Stoops....

Sooner1979
11/23/2008, 01:48 AM
First of all thank you for the 10+ years of pure football enjoyment you have given back to our fans...Once again, our fans don't just want to win, or think we can win, but now our fans expect to win and win convincingly every game...You have given this back to us as fans....

Secondly, thank you for challenging the fans to get loud and roudy for the game against Tech...My section (Section 12) usually sits the entire game except on the rare occasion that someone in the middle of the row has to go tinkle...Tonight, our section stood for every offensive and defensive play and cheered louder than they ever have...THANK YOU!!! This game gave me an experience of a lifetime for my football memories...I would say I could die happy, but I want to see us win 3 more games...

Nov. 29th - Please have our team ready to slaughter the Cowchokes.

Dec. 6th - Please prepare our team to win our third straight Big 12 Championship.

Orange Bowl - Lets show the country who and what OU Football is all about for our 8th National Championship...

And a quick note to all the fans (Die hard or Casual), lets all say a prayer for all our players health throughout the rest of the season and also for success in all their future endeavors...

Always and forever, Boomer Sooner!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/23/2008, 01:50 AM
First of all thank you for the 10+ years of pure football enjoyment you have given back to our fans...Once again, our fans don't just want to win, or think we can win, but now our fans expect to win and win convincingly every game...You have given this back to us as fans....

Secondly, thank you for challenging the fans to get loud and roudy for the game against Tech...My section (Section 12) usually sits the entire game except on the rare occasion that someone in the middle of the row has to go tinkle...Tonight, our section stood for every offensive and defensive play and cheered louder than they ever have...THANK YOU!!! This game gave me an experience of a lifetime for my football memories...I would say I could die happy, but I want to see us win 3 more games...

Dec. 6th - Please prepare our team to win our third straight Big 12 Championship.

Orange Bowl - Lets show the country who and what OU Football is all about for our 8th National Championship...

And a quick note to all the fans (Die hard or Casual), lets all say a prayer for all our players health throughout the rest of the season and also for success in all their future endeavors...

Always and forever, Boomer Sooner!!Does he need a raise?

OU_Sooners75
11/23/2008, 01:50 AM

Always and forever, Boomer Sooner!!

1. You said tinkle...hehe
2. It is not the Orange Bowl if we make the NCG. It is the BCS Championship. The Orange Bowl is played the week before.

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2008, 01:58 AM
I want to see Stoops thank the citizens of Oklahoma for paying him a kajillion dollars every year. It's a two-way street.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2008, 02:22 AM
yeah, what's with the orange bowl stuff...it's been explained here over and over again.

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2008, 02:24 AM
I want to see Stoops thank the citizens of Oklahoma for paying him a kajillion dollars every year. It's a two-way street.

And dude...the citizens don't pay him, football revenue pays him and pretty much every other coach and sport at OU.

Sooner1979
11/23/2008, 02:32 AM
This post had nothing to do about giving Bob Stoops a raise, but merely praising him for a well planned game...I think as fans we can all agree that if Bob Stoops wasn't hired December of 1998, we probably would not have won a National Championship in 2000, and probably would not be one of the top 5 most dominating teams of the last decade if not the most dominating...

Also, I was raised watching OU play year in and year out in the Orange Bowl and still can't bring myself to call it anything other than that...Call it what you want, but if OU plays for the National Title in the so called "BCS Championship Game", it will still be played in the Orange Bowl and I like it better that way...

Plus, I have been a Sooner Fan since birth, and we all just watched OU obliterate the #2 team in the Nation tonight...So get off my *** and go harass a Tech fan, Horn fan or someone other than an OU fan praising our team, coaches and our great fan base...

tommieharris91
11/23/2008, 02:36 AM

Bob's salary is funded from football ticket revenues. Not one dollar of taxpayer money or tuition money goes to his salary.

Sooner1979
11/23/2008, 02:42 AM
yeah, what's with the orange bowl stuff...it's been explained here over and over again.

It is still called the Orange Bowl, but when the rotation of the BCS Championship Game happens to be played at the Orange Bowl, it is still the Orange Bowl...There is no explanation needed to clear up the subject...I am well aware of how the BCS committee changed the significance of each of the major bowls and their names, but the BCS will eventually go away and the Orange Bowl will still be around...

Sooner1979
11/23/2008, 02:53 AM
1. You said tinkle...hehe
2. It is not the Orange Bowl if we make the NCG. It is the BCS Championship. The Orange Bowl is played the week before.

I like the word tinkle, besides there are very few words to describe what some of the *********s get up to do without being modified with an *****...And yes, the Orange Bowl is played the week before the BCS Championship Game, but where might I ask you is the BCS Championship Game being played this year? Yes, that is correct, it is being played at the Orange Bowl...

Let me ask you this, if a friend of yours asks you where the BCS Championship Game is being played this year, what would you tell him or her (besides Miami, Florida)?

budbarrybob
11/23/2008, 03:31 AM
:pop:

soonermeteor
11/23/2008, 03:57 AM
I don't know what I loved more: seeing him jump up and down with the players or the were not worth bows at the end of the game. He said in the pregame video to unite as one, and the coaches, players, fans, ect. all did.

RedstickSooner
11/23/2008, 04:17 AM
Bob, one other thing -- some of your assistants are having their names bandied about for the various head coaching openings.

Please, for the love of the Football Gods, insist that nobody takes any friggin' jobs until AFTER our seasons is over.

The programs they take over will, by definition, suck. They can keep on sucking for another month. If, by the grace of those aforementioned Football Gods, we make it to the national championship game -- only to lose it because we're all discombobulated due to a coaching change -- I swear I'm gonna lose it.

No distractions. This season could give those guys their own programs. The least they can give us in exchange is the *entire* season.

Sooner1979
11/23/2008, 04:42 AM
I don't know what I loved more: seeing him jump up and down with the players or the were not worth bows at the end of the game. He said in the pregame video to unite as one, and the coaches, players, fans, ect. all did.

I think I agree with you, but could you please clarify what you are/were trying to say in the following quote from above..."or the were not worth bows at the end of the game"

Sooner1979
11/23/2008, 04:45 AM
I am only posting to make sure and get my 300th post recorded...

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/23/2008, 05:15 AM
I believe he meant "We're not worthy bows"

Crucifax Autumn
11/23/2008, 05:37 AM
Of course that's what he meant! Bob was thanking the fans.

OUinFLA
11/23/2008, 08:24 AM
Let me ask you this, if a friend of yours asks you where the BCS Championship Game is being played this year, what would you tell him or her (besides Miami, Florida)?

how about Ft. Lauderdale?

actually I prefer to call it the Orange Bowl as well :D

AlbqSooner
11/23/2008, 08:44 AM
And yes, the Orange Bowl is played the week before the BCS Championship Game, but where might I ask you is the BCS Championship Game being played this year? Yes, that is correct, it is being played at the Orange Bowl...

The BCS Championship game will be played at Pro Player Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

If a friend asked where I was going, I would tell them I am going to watch the Sooners win another National Championship.:D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/23/2008, 09:51 AM
Bob, one other thing -- some of your assistants are having their names bandied about for the various head coaching openings.

Please, for the love of the Football Gods, insist that nobody takes any friggin' jobs until AFTER our seasons is over.

The programs they take over will, by definition, suck. They can keep on sucking for another month. If, by the grace of those aforementioned Football Gods, we make it to the national championship game -- only to lose it because we're all discombobulated due to a coaching change -- I swear I'm gonna lose it.

No distractions. This season could give those guys their own programs. The least they can give us in exchange is the *entire* season.It's prolly out of Bob's control, but yeah, you are certainly correct.