SteelCitySooner
11/23/2008, 12:42 AM
Yep

Curly Bill
11/23/2008, 12:43 AM
Is there any doubt after tonight?

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 12:49 AM
THERE IS ZERO DOUBT. AND EVEN MY TEXAS FANS AGREE WITH ME. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE NOW????? SORRY TEXAS YOU GOT ****ED. SO EAT ****

bcgvh
11/23/2008, 12:50 AM
If we beat OSU by 2 or more scores in Stillwater, then I say, without a doubt...yes. Heck if we beat OSU by any margin I say yes after tonight! I didn't see Texas putting a hurting like this on OSU at home, or even Mizzou, and TT is the better team of that bunch!

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 12:50 AM
TONIGHT IS CELEBRATION, CB AND VET GET YOUR *** OUT AND GET SOME BEER, B/C WE GOING ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 12:51 AM
BRENT REALLY MADE ME SMILE TONIGHT, I HAVE NOT DONE THAT IN A WHILE........ 03

Spray
11/23/2008, 12:53 AM
Right now, yes. Beat OSU, definitely.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 12:54 AM
We are in as of now. we will be number 2. if we are not the system is ****ed. 2 reasons why we will be number 2..

1) Texas did not play this week
2) beat number 1 (in the computer part of the poll)

sendbaht
11/23/2008, 12:58 AM
You bet your boots they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooner_Rog
Kirk voted us #4 just now on GD final

olevetonahill
TONIGHT IS CELEBRATION, CB AND VET GET YOUR *** OUT AND GET SOME BEER, B/C WE GOING ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

I think Flag has the drunky thread revived in the SO . Im going to bed
I was up all Nite Brewing and Sippin .:D

DangTire
11/23/2008, 12:59 AM
It's more like Bob taking a hand in not letting his team getting bent over tonight is what mad me smile. They played well, but I'm not buying that the defense was a product of Vulnerables. No way, no how. If Bob continues to handle the D then yes, they are undoubtedly the no. 1 team in the south. Probably the no.1 team in the nation. And that by a mile.

tommieharris91
11/23/2008, 01:01 AM
I really don't like hearing both Corso and Herbstreit putting us at #4 when 65-21 happened right in front of them. That is a very bad sign for OU.

We just gotta wait until the polls come out tomorrow.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 01:02 AM
Obama said we are the best.........

Iam4OUru
11/23/2008, 01:04 AM
We are in as of now. we will be number 2. if we are not the system is ****ed. 2 reasons why we will be number 2..

1) Texas did not play this week
2) beat number 1 (in the computer part of the poll)

I hope you're right but I got a bad feelin'......:pop:

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 01:07 AM
**** THE FEELING.... PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE BCS WORKS.... I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN BEFORE.

Iam4OUru
11/23/2008, 01:10 AM
Okay....

Curly Bill
11/23/2008, 01:11 AM
**** THE FEELING.... PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE BCS WORKS.... I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN BEFORE.

You been drinking? :D

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 01:14 AM
YEP, CB YOU READY FOR AN ALL NIGHTER?????????????

Curly Bill
11/23/2008, 01:15 AM
YEP, CB YOU READY FOR AN ALL NIGHTER?????????????

I had a nap today, but prolly not ready for an all nighter.

Sooner1979
11/23/2008, 01:17 AM
If we beat OSU in Stillwater next Saturday, we will jump Texass...As impressive as tonight's win was, the pollstars will probably hold back from us jumping UT until we have won out...I fully expect us to be sitting at 3 or 4 tomorrow in the BCS, but next Sunday, assuming we win, we will secure the #3 spot, and could possibly even jump Florida...But jumping Florida is not really that important because Florida and Alabama (#1 & #2) have to play in their Championship game so one of them will fall...All OU has to do is win out, and they dont even have to blow OsU out...

Boomer Sooner!

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 01:18 AM
boomer

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 01:18 AM
If we beat OSU in Stillwater next Saturday, we will jump Texass...As impressive as tonight's win was, the pollstars will probably hold back from us jumping UT until we have won out...I fully expect us to be sitting at 3 or 4 tomorrow in the BCS, but next Sunday, assuming we win, we will secure the #3 spot, and could possibly even jump Florida...But jumping Florida is not really that important because Florida and Alabama (#1 & #2) have to play in their Championship game so one of them will fall...All OU has to do is win out, and they dont even have to blow OsU out...

Boomer Sooner!

IT WONT MATTER. yes we need to beat poke state. BUT we will be number 2 tomorrow, and that is that.

Sooner_Rog
11/23/2008, 01:20 AM
The question is this? Are the voters listening to Kirk & Corso logic? It is midnight when they are spewing their jacka~~ logic. Are the human voters going to vote as they always do "what have you done for me lately?" Human nature is on our side, we will be # 3 tomarrow, and move on up to #2 after we kill OSU & then mizzu in the big XII cg.

Book it...

JBIILonghorns
11/23/2008, 01:21 AM
Kirk voted us #4 just now on GD final

because he is smarter than a lot of you here. He knows that it took a small miracle for Tech to beat Texas (in Lubbock.)...where as OU got to play Tech in Norman.

45-35.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 01:22 AM
Here is the thing.... yes Texas beat us head to head..... ( take a look at 2000, Miami beat Florida State head to head, but Florida state got the nod) this is normal
in college football, expect the unexpected.

Oklahoma and Florida are the best teams in the nation and people saw that.

GrapevineSooner
11/23/2008, 01:22 AM
The win/loss results in the common games amongst OU, Texas, and Texas Tech cancel each other out.

Herein lies the difference.

Point differential:

3. Texas Tech -39
2. Texas +5
1. Oklahoma +34

Yes, kids, it really is that simple.

But if you want to ignore that...

* Texas beat OU by 10 in a game they trailed going into the 4th.

* Texas Tech beat Texas in a game where they blew a 19 point lead and had to rally in the final 1:33.

* OU jumped on Tech from the very first possession and never looked back.

End of discussion.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 01:23 AM
because he is smarter than a lot of you here. He knows that it took a small miracle for Tech to beat Texas (in Lubbock.)...where as OU got to play Tech in Norman.

45-35.

go **** yourself. we killed tech. end of story, your ****ed, go play with mus****

Iam4OUru
11/23/2008, 01:23 AM
I'll be shocked if OU jumps Texas or Florida.

SoonerDood
11/23/2008, 01:25 AM

45-35.

It also took a small miracle (and the refs) for you all to even come back in that game. Trail for 58 1/2 minutes and you're clearly the better team?

JBIILonghorns
11/23/2008, 01:25 AM
The win/loss results in the common games amongst OU, Texas, and Texas Tech cancel each other out.

Herein lies the difference.

Point differential:

3. Texas Tech -39
2. Texas +5
1. Oklahoma +34

Yes, kids, it really is that simple.

But if you want to ignore that...

* Texas beat OU by 10 in a game they trailed going into the 4th.

* Texas Tech beat Texas in a game where they blew a 19 point lead and had to rally in the final 1:33.

* OU jumped on Tech from the very first possession and never looked back.

End of discussion.

I guess location of the game doesn't matter eh?

Jewstin
11/23/2008, 01:26 AM

45-35.

Hahaha, small miracle. All I remember is Texas pulling a bunch of garbage out of their asses after Tech dominated the entire game, only to fall flat on their faces when it counted the most.

Do you not remember OU losing Ryan Reynolds, their defensive leader, in the middle of the game, leading to Texas doubling their offensive yards per play? Or how about Travis Lewis getting called for two late-hits when it was really, really obvious to everyone (announcers included) that he was pulling up and McCoy was taking a dive? Or how about when Robinson picked off McCoy in the endzone to kill a drive, only to have both the referees and the replay box botch the call (obvious to the announcers, again)?

You Texas fans live in your own little worlds. If I were you, I'd be worried about your two game losing streak to Texas A&M. GTFO.

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 01:26 AM
We will most of you don't know how the BCS works, tomorrow you will see... are we more deserving then texas?? maybe... maybe not... but the average college football fan does not know how the bcs works, and i do.

The poke state game is meaningless. the big 12 south will be decided before that. ( we have to win of course).

Curly Bill
11/23/2008, 01:27 AM

45-35.

Congrats: you played your best game against us and we played our worst for you to win. Since then who's better has become painfully obvious even to a tard whorn fan.

JBIILonghorns
It also took a small miracle (and the refs) for you all to even come back in that game. Trail for 58 1/2 minutes and you're clearly the better team?

Texas was good enough to come back and take the lead (in Lubbock).

Hey, if head to head is not going to matter, then the texas OU game should be moved back to the same weekend as OSU-Michigan.

JLEW1818
If your a UT fan, ya you might be happy, but your ****ting in your pants right now.... Texas wanted Oklahoma to win by a field goal

Piware
11/23/2008, 01:28 AM
Obama said we are the best.........

Rumor is, Oprah is going to endorse his pick on Monday along with the UAW.

Sooner_Rog
11/23/2008, 01:28 AM
I'll be shocked if OU jumps Texas or Florida.

Look at it this way... TCU and Cinci won today, we beat #1 computer team, national tv thumping of #2...

We look nice in the computers #3 or 4. We get some love from the voters see human nature above and we land at 3 tomorrow....

My BCS standings...

Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Penn st, Utah ugg, TTU,

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 01:29 AM

Hey, if head to head is not going to matter, then the texas OU game should be moved back to the same weekend as OSU-Michigan.

**** YOU LONGHORN, BUT I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY THAT GAME THE LAST WEEK. GO PLAY WITH MACK AND BRENTS BALLS

GrapevineSooner
11/23/2008, 01:29 AM
I guess location of the game doesn't matter eh?

If we beat OSU by more than four next Saturday night, will you still be clinging to that excuse?

I mean, afterall, you guys only beat the Pokes by 4...at home...and next week's game is at...well...I'm sure even a t-sip can figure that out. ;)

Iam4OUru
11/23/2008, 01:30 AM

I agree....and let's move it to Norman.

JBIILonghorns
11/23/2008, 01:30 AM
Congrats: you played your best game against us and we played our worst for you to win. Since then who's better has become painfully obvious even to a tard whorn fan.

I wouldn't expect you and anyone here to give Texas any credit for winning 45-35. It's all about how bad OU played.

Curly Bill
11/23/2008, 01:31 AM
I wouldn't expect you and anyone here to give Texas any credit for winning 45-35. It's all about how bad OU played.

It truthfully is.

tommieharris91
11/23/2008, 01:37 AM
OU didn't really play all that badly in that game. A lot of people came away thinking OU and Texas were equal.

FirstandGoal
11/23/2008, 01:42 AM

It must really suc to know that you've already had a chance to prove it on the field and lost to a team who just got annihilated by the team that you were praying would scrape by with a FG and look bad in the process.

Say what you want to say about the OU/Texass game, but what it all boils down to is that you guys no longer control your own destiny while we still have yet one more game to show to the nation what a fluke our loss to you really was.
All you can do is pray that eATMe doesn't somehow give you any kind of game and that voters will magically get amnesia and forget the ***whoopin we just gave to the #2 team in the nation.

CORNholio
11/23/2008, 01:51 AM
OU was owning Texas for most of the game and then fell apart after horrible (possible dirty) officiating and a very key injury. Shipley did alot but it was mostly due to the reasons mentioned above. If Texas/media's sole reason for ranking Texas ahead of OU lies in the fact that they won head to head then should Tech not be ranked ahead of Texas? It's the same logic. The truth is that OU/TT/UT have all beaten each other. The head to heads are now thrown out the window and voters are forced to chose the best team based on opinion. OU is clearly the best (at least this week.)

CORNholio
11/23/2008, 01:56 AM
Forget Florida. OU and TX are the two best teams and should be playing each other in Miami.