PDA

View Full Version : No wonder Bama is undefeated

PLaw
11/22/2008, 04:24 PM
Watching this ole miss and lswho game is painful. "The great SEC defense" persona is because the offenses are so pitiful. Really, is there a more offensively inept major conference division than the SEC West? Seriously.

BOOMER

4everasooner
11/22/2008, 04:29 PM
They do have some poor offenses.

SoonerTroll
11/22/2008, 04:35 PM
Ya it's rediculous how much credit the defenses get, it's just a cover-up for the terrible offense, and especially quarerback, play. The only good offense in the SEC is the gators

tulsaoilerfan
11/22/2008, 04:40 PM
Only 2 good QB's in the whole conference; rest of them are beyond pathetic

StormySooner-IN
11/22/2008, 04:44 PM
The Citadel has put up 21 points against Florida today...

soonergirlNeugene
11/22/2008, 04:47 PM
Anyone still watching this one? Seems like they shoulda called for a re-kick on that last play. Sounds kinda strange to penalize the returning team because the kicking team *thought* he called for a fair catch when he clearly didn't.

oubose
11/22/2008, 04:56 PM
LSU really looks bad, why an I watching this game?

soonergirlNeugene
11/22/2008, 04:59 PM
LSU really looks bad, why an I watching this game?

Very clever, answering your own question while asking it ;)

soonergirlNeugene
11/22/2008, 05:16 PM
Oh wow, 2 inadvertent fair catch calls in the same game? Funny how the first one was "clearly" a good call even though it was unintentional but the second one was unintentional, so a bad one.

Iam4OUru
11/22/2008, 05:16 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!

"I was down on the field during the pre-game warmups and Colt McCoy was kickin' 'em from beyond fifty." - CBS commentator, Gary Danielson

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

JLEW1818
11/22/2008, 05:17 PM
That's because they all run the ball 90% of time, you must sign that contract before each season... thats why Leach can't go to Tennessee

Johnny Utah
11/22/2008, 07:29 PM
That's because they all run the ball 90% of time, you must sign that contract before each season... thats why Leach can't go to Tennessee

You are correct sir (on both points:) ). SEC ball is pretty much Big 10 ball on steroids ;) ... running the ball on offense, playing aggressive defense, and focusing on field position and clock management. The SEC has just taken that to a different level primarily through the recruiting of both players and coaches.

PLaw
11/22/2008, 07:35 PM
You are correct sir (on both points:) ). SEC ball is pretty much Big 10 ball on steroids ;) ... running the ball on offense, playing aggressive defense, and focusing on field position and clock management. The SEC has just taken that to a different level primarily through the recruiting of both players and coaches.

Yeah, it reminds of the great Big 8 games with OU and Nebbish in the 70's and 80's. Power football with pounding defense.

I don't think Bama or LSU would finish better than 3rd or 4th in the Big 12 South.

BOOMER

Johnny Utah
11/22/2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah, it reminds of the great Big 8 games with OU and Nebbish in the 70's and 80's. Power football with pounding defense.

I don't think Bama or LSU would finish better than 3rd or 4th in the Big 12 South.

BOOMER

I actually recall those teams (especially OU) having more offense than most of the SEC teams. :)

SOONER

soonergirlNeugene
11/22/2008, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to write off Bama's season. If they can get out of the SEC without a loss, they will deserve a spot in the championship game.

PLaw
11/22/2008, 08:02 PM
I actually recall those teams (especially OU) having more offense than most of the SEC teams. :)

SOONER

Yeah John, I bet you can remember hearing the sweet sounds of the "leather popping" when tackling was crisp and arm tackling was punished.

BOOMER

PLaw
11/22/2008, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to write off Bama's season. If they can get out of the SEC without a loss, they will deserve a spot in the championship game.

I haven't seen the line, but I can imagine that UF will be a double digit favorite.

BOOMER

Sabanball
11/22/2008, 09:16 PM
Dang, you're right...we suck, we're horrible, heck it don't matter that we're 11-0 we don't even belong in the top 25...i guess we need to abdicate the throne to Boise State.;)

Sabanball
11/22/2008, 09:19 PM
I haven't seen the line, but I can imagine that UF will be a double digit favorite.

BOOMER

Vegas had them as an 8 pt favorite last week. It will go up--and i hope it does. In fact, I hope you and others continue to write us off. That only takes pressure off of us and gives us everything to gain and nothing to lose. Kinda reminds me of what happened in 1992.