PDA

View Full Version : My Inconsiderate Next Door Neighbor

Rogue
11/22/2008, 03:08 PM
OK - really "across the street" neighbor...is having her birthday party today.
Going over there in about 5 minutes. Plan to spend an hour or maybe 2.
Home long before kickoff.

She's lucky she's getting any presents. :D

1890MilesToNorman
11/22/2008, 03:12 PM
You are lucky, if it was tonight you would have to bring her a TV tuned to ABC.

oubose
11/22/2008, 03:29 PM
I don't think anything would take me away from my pre-game ritual (it takes all day). I hope you got her a schedule of the 2009 season for a present so she doesn't mess it up for you next year.

stoopified
11/22/2008, 04:40 PM
Some people have lot of nerve, celebrating their birthday on the same day as THE GAME.I have even heard of wives giving birth on days like today,can you imagine?Thankfully I planned the conception of my sons so their births would NOT interfere with such important thaings(Ryan was born 2-27,Jason 4-9). :):):):):)

Thought I better add the smileys in case my wife sees this thread.

oubose
11/22/2008, 04:55 PM
HaHa!! smart think'n

StormySooner-IN
11/22/2008, 05:02 PM
I don't think anything would take me away from my pre-game ritual (it takes all day).
god, I'm the same way. Course I think we all are to a point... :D

Sooner5030
11/22/2008, 05:48 PM
Nothing can top your best friend that schedules a wedding during OU/Texas.

oubose
11/22/2008, 06:11 PM
You mean your previous best friends wedding lol

Jacie
11/22/2008, 06:22 PM
Some people have lot of nerve, celebrating their birthday on the same day as THE GAME.I have even heard of wives giving birth on days like today,can you imagine?Thankfully I planned the conception of my sons so their births would NOT interfere with such important thaings(Ryan was born 2-27,Jason 4-9). :):):):):)

Nope, unless we are talking immaculate conception here you cannot blame the wives for giving birth during football season. If the husbands had any sense at all, they would practice abstinence from January through April lest they accidentally impregnate said wife, leaving her no choice but to give birth sometime during the sacred months of September-December.

Rogue
11/22/2008, 06:55 PM
I hope you got her a schedule of the 2009 season for a present so she doesn't mess it up for you next year.

That's a great idea!

And, I have one of those best friends too. He's a season ticket holder fercryin'outloud! It's bad enough the wedding, but now he has a lifetime of anniversaries during football season. Just not very smart, but I love him.

So, the party was cool. Lots of adult beverages, good food, and some weird German door prize games. Her parents are in from Germany and they are fun.

I've been home for an hour. Mrs. Rogue is still there.

bluedogok
11/23/2008, 10:39 PM
Nothing can top your best friend that schedules a wedding during OU/Texas.
I've known plenty of OSU people who did just that.....

DallasSooner87
11/23/2008, 10:53 PM

I will be sure to toast to Jason. We share the same B-day.