PDA

View Full Version : Report: PJ FIRED!!!

SoonerStormchaser
11/22/2008, 06:45 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/11/22/carlesimo.thunder/index.html

NEW YORK (SI.com) -- The Oklahoma City Thunder have fired coach P.J. Carlesimo, just 13 games into the franchise's first season away from Seattle, according to a published report.

Yahoo! Sports cites undisclosed sources with the information, saying Thunder GM Sam Presti informed Carlesimo of his decision before the team boarded a flight to New Orleans. On Friday night, as part of a home-and-home with the Hornets, the Thunder (1-12) fell 105-80 in front of their home fans.

According to the report, assistant coach Scott Brooks has agreed to take over the club on an interim basis. In his last 95 games with the Thunder, formerly the Sonics, Carlesimo posted a 21-74 record and presided over the team's current 10-game losing streak.

SOONER STEAKER
11/22/2008, 08:40 AM
How can we fire a man whose team has average NBA talent at best. Maybe we should go after Bobby Knight, if he can't get them to play he'll just 'hit em in the chin.'

Boomer Sooner all over TT

BillyBall
11/22/2008, 08:45 AM
At least he didn't get choked out this time, he's got that goin for him.

oumartin
11/22/2008, 10:09 AM
he has proven over and over he is not a good NBA coach and I think they never should have moved him from seattle to OKC.

birddog
11/22/2008, 10:21 AM
this definitely came out of nowhere but it was inevitable. any thoughts on a replacement? jed, you hearing anything?

oumartin
11/22/2008, 10:30 AM
Isiah Thomas :D

OklahomaTuba
11/22/2008, 10:35 AM
Kelvin

soonervegas
11/22/2008, 12:11 PM
This was a good call. I didn't expect a lot this year besidees hard play and progression. We were going in reverse the past 6-8 games. I think pj is a good teacher, but not a good head coach.

All_Day_28
11/22/2008, 12:56 PM
Avery Johnson?

BillyBall
11/22/2008, 01:03 PM
Mark Jackson

starclassic tama
11/22/2008, 01:54 PM
avery johnson is the best name i have heard. although apparently he left a stink in dallas, with something like 6 players asking to be traded because of him. of course that is according to mark cuban, so who knows how reliable that is. but i think avery would be a good fit, fiery young coach who has proven he can win at the NBA level.

soonerhubs
11/22/2008, 05:15 PM
avery johnson is the best name i have heard. although apparently he left a stink in dallas, with something like 6 players asking to be traded because of him. of course that is according to mark cuban, so who knows how reliable that is. but i think avery would be a good fit, fiery young coach who has proven he can win at the NBA level.

I'd suggest Cuban has inside information. :D

Curly Bill
11/22/2008, 05:16 PM
I'd suggest Cuban has inside information. :D

Well done. ;)

soonerhubs
11/23/2008, 12:44 AM
Well done. ;)

Thanks. It came to mind quickly. I honestly expected someone to beat me to the punch.

BigRedJed
11/23/2008, 08:39 PM
I have no inside information. I was pulling hard for Avery, but in discussing that with someone who pays more attention to that stuff than me, they said that apparently there was an assistant with the Mavs that was doing a lot of Avery's heavy lifting for him, and that the team started sliding when said assistant moved upstairs. I don't know enough to know. I do know he is probably the biggest name on the market right now. Coach of the year two years ago.

I also saw somewhere that there is a report from today or yesterday where he expressed a disinterest in the OKC job, so, there's that.

As much of a Kelvin fan as I was when he was here, I think that would be a bad, bad move.