PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Shopping laugh

85Sooner
11/21/2008, 06:39 PM
Yesterday, I was HEB and was grocery shopping. . So I was getting some soup. Ya Know chicken and stars, chicken noodle ,Alphabet soup etc....

So I go to the checkout counter and the lady asks me "did you find everything okay?" Jokingly, I said "No, I was looking for alphabet soup and could not find the spanish alphabet soup"

She looked at me strangely and said " I think we carry that, let me get someone to check"

They did not have it

I was about floored.

Try that next time your at the store. Her look was priceless.

OUHOMER
11/21/2008, 07:59 PM
I was at lowes looking at small heaters. Every box had one side that was printed in spanish. Ever spanish side was pointed out to the isle.

I was standing looking when one of the young kids that work there came up and asked if I needed any help.
I said Yea, do you have any of these with english on the box. he started looking at all the boxes and was totally confused. he said let me go ask my manager.

I said forget it. If you can't put the english printed boxes on display you can just sell them to the mexicans. I just walked out. it was a little irrigating.

I went back a few days latter and they turned all the boxes around to show the english side of the box.:D

SoonerStormchaser
11/21/2008, 08:04 PM
Yesterday, I was HEB and was grocery shopping. .

That's all I needed to hear...gawd I miss HEB!

olevetonahill
11/21/2008, 08:14 PM
I was at lowes looking at small heaters. Every box had one side that was printed in spanish. Ever spanish side was pointed out to the isle.

I was standing looking when one of the young kids that work there came up and asked if I needed any help.
I said Yea, do you have any of these with english on the box. he started looking at all the boxes and was totally confused. he said let me go ask my manager.

I said forget it. If you can't put the english printed boxes on display you can just sell them to the mexicans. I just walked out. it was a little irrigating.

I went back a few days latter and they turned all the boxes around to show the english side of the box.:D

So Now the Beaners are Pizzed ?

Czar Soonerov
11/21/2008, 09:30 PM
Tonight my total was $10.76, I handed the dude $11.01. He looked at me like I asked him the meaning of life.

:rolleyes:

Mjcpr
11/21/2008, 09:32 PM
You really went on a spree, Czar.

olevetonahill
11/21/2008, 09:42 PM
Tonight my total was $10.76, I handed the dude $11.01. He looked at me like I asked him the meaning of life.

:rolleyes:

Yer such a Bastage to Confuse those Kids :)

Chuck Bao
11/21/2008, 11:01 PM
I also went grocery shopping yesterday and I was amazed that the bill came to only $75.

I bought:

2 one-liter bottles of whiskey
3 six packs of diet coke
4 one-liter bottles of pure orange juice
6 packages of ground pork
6 cans of tuna
2 packages of 8 instant noodles packets
6 green apples
2 packages of fresh green chili
2 packages of fresh red chili
6 large bell peppers
2 heads of lettuce
2 packages of fresh button mushrooms
2 packages of Shiang Hai style wheat noodles
2 bottles of Siricha hot sauce

That should be a pretty normal American shopping list and it came to only $75. Have you noticed that grocery prices seem to be getting cheaper?

Curly Bill
11/21/2008, 11:04 PM
I also went grocery shopping yesterday and I was amazed that the bill came to only $75.

I bought:

2 one-liter bottles of whiskey
3 six packs of diet coke
4 one-liter bottles of pure orange juice
6 packages of ground pork
6 cans of tuna
2 packages of 8 instant noodles packets
6 green apples
2 packages of fresh green chili
2 packages of fresh red chili
6 large bell peppers
2 heads of lettuce
2 packages of fresh button mushrooms
2 packages of Shiang Hai style wheat noodles
2 bottles of Siricha hot sauce

That should be a pretty normal American shopping list and it came to only $75. Have you noticed that grocery prices seem to be getting cheaper?

Two bottles? I like the stuff but geez, one bottle will last me forever. :D

Chuck Bao
11/21/2008, 11:19 PM
Two bottles? I like the stuff but geez, one bottle will last me forever. :D

I drank one liter bottle Thursday night without noticing it until it was empty. I do realize that that isn't a good thing. I guess I get drunk without noticing it. Ummm...okay, yeah.

Curly Bill
11/21/2008, 11:20 PM
I drank one liter bottle Thursday night without noticing it until it was empty. I do realize that that isn't a good thing. I guess I get drunk without noticing it. Ummm...okay, yeah.

Oh no, I get the two bottles of whiskey, I was talking about the two bottles of Sriracha.

Chuck Bao
11/21/2008, 11:32 PM
Oh no, I get the two bottles of whiskey, I was talking about the two bottles of Sriracha.

Heh! One bottle of Siricha is already gone. I made pork stuffed bell peppers last night. It turned out teh awesome and I'm a terrible cook. The Siricha sauce gave it the kick.

olevetonahill
11/22/2008, 12:04 AM
Heh! One bottle of Siricha is already gone. I made pork stuffed bell peppers last night. It turned out teh awesome and I'm a terrible cook. The Siricha sauce gave it the kick.

Nope , Liked it ;)

1890MilesToNorman
11/22/2008, 12:09 AM
Cheaper?, I spent $267 at Sam's Club today. Man I like those Toquitos

olevetonahill
11/22/2008, 12:37 AM
Cheaper?, I spent $267 at Sam's Club today. Man I like those Toquitos

Succs to be you Huh ? :D