PDA

View Full Version : **Brother Mike v. The Beeve...who ya rootin for?**

Lott's Bandana
11/21/2008, 06:12 PM
Inneresting Q while nuthin else is going on...

:P

badger
11/21/2008, 06:13 PM
Mikey.

oumartin
11/21/2008, 06:13 PM
I'm selfish and rootin' for mike to get ran off. Plus see the Beavers take USCs spot in the Rose Bowl

Collier11
11/21/2008, 06:22 PM
I'm selfish and rootin' for mike to get ran off. Plus see the Beavers take USCs spot in the Rose Bowl

:rolleyes:

MIke isnt coming back here, why wouldnt you want him to get a huge win and have a shot at a 8 or 9 win season. Who gives a fawk if usc makes the rose bowl or not, after Illinois got in over a 12-2 mizzou team just so they could have their beloved big 10/pac 10 crapfest it lost any credibility...because of that KU got the biggest win in program history but they shouldnt have ever been in the Orange Bowl

oumartin
11/21/2008, 06:24 PM
never say never

Collier11
11/21/2008, 06:26 PM
Robert Parish aint walking thru that door, Larry Bird aint walking thru that door

instigator
11/21/2008, 06:28 PM
I was actually deliberating over this. I think I'll choose Mike over seeing USC miss out on the BCS (or at least an automatic bid). Still a little tough since it sure would be great to see them not win their conference.

OUMallen
11/21/2008, 06:30 PM
They'll still be considered co-champions

oumartin
11/21/2008, 06:31 PM
you are the devil for even considering rooting againt Mikey ;)

cvsooner
11/21/2008, 06:35 PM
If Mike wins, USC is probably a lock for the Rose Bowl. If Mike loses, USC might still make another BCS game.

Sorry, Mikey. I gotta pull for OSU (and man, it hurts to type that.)

RedstickSooner
11/21/2008, 07:04 PM
I'm rooting for the vag, er, beavers.

Having USC get left out of the rose bowl would be fudgin' hillarious.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/21/2008, 07:09 PM
:rolleyes:

MIke isnt coming back here, why wouldnt you want him to get a huge win and have a shot at a 8 or 9 win season. Who gives a fawk if usc makes the rose bowl or not, after Illinois got in over a 12-2 mizzou team just so they could have their beloved big 10/pac 10 crapfest it lost any credibility...because of that KU got the biggest win in program history but they shouldnt have ever been in the Orange Bowl

I'm confused, why shouldn't Kansas have made the Orange Bowl?

OUHOMER
11/21/2008, 08:07 PM
I'm a little torn on this too. I want usuc left out. but i hate to see Mikey lose a game.

PalmBeachSooner
11/21/2008, 08:21 PM
That's an interesting question and a tough one. I would definitely be rooting for OSU if not for the fact they were playing Arizona. I will remain neutral on this to avoid any bad karma repercussions.

Collier11
11/21/2008, 08:24 PM
I'm confused, why shouldn't Kansas have made the Orange Bowl?

Mizzou was the better team, beat them head to head, won the North, and only losses were to us.

OUHOMER
11/21/2008, 08:24 PM
That's an interesting question and a tough one. I would definitely be rooting for OSU if not for the fact they were playing Arizona. I will remain neutral on this to avoid any bad karma repercussions.

heh, I actually agree with you on this

OUMedMan
11/21/2008, 09:48 PM
Some of you should visit the USC boards.

They are rooting for Oregon State to win out and go to the Rose Bowl.

They figure they will get another BCS bowl slot, and would really, really like to play either a SEC team or a Big 12 team instead of another Big-10 team.

So an interesting question here -- if Oregon State does win out, and let's say one of the Big 12 teams goes to the BCS NC game --

who do you think the other BCS bowls will want for their games -- a one-loss USC team or one of the remaining one-loss Big 12 teams?

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2008, 09:55 PM
USC will get a BCS slot and I can see where the fans would want something other than the Rose bowl. They would likely get an underpowered PSU or even worse, a rematch with tOSU. My fear is that they still have a better shot at the title game than most are willing to admit.

4everasooner
11/21/2008, 10:26 PM
GO CATS; anything from Oregon can not be good. Remember a couple yrs ago in Oregon? Burn'em all baby burn'em all. I would also like to see suc get stuck with a weak big 10 school in the Rose Bowl.

yermom
11/21/2008, 10:49 PM
i'm kinda neutral. Arizona is already bowl bound, so it's not that big of a deal.

also the idea of USC getting left out of the Rose Bowl is pretty hilarious

i'm 99% sure they make some other BCS game if them and the Beavers both win out though. only two Big 12 teams can get in

okiewaker
11/21/2008, 11:13 PM
Mizzou was the better team, beat them head to head, won the North, and only losses were to us.

Careful. In this scenario, for this year, you can substitute Kan for OU and Mizz for Tex, almost, atleast for the south.

pappy
11/21/2008, 11:38 PM
I'm gonna go for oregon state because I want to make fun of my suc friend who I told a the week before the texas game that it doesn't matter what suc does they won't go to the national championship and it will be between either an undefeated team from the sec/big 12 vs an undefeated team from the sec/big 12 or 1 or both teams would have a loss either way it was gonna be between the sec and big 12. also, I think if oregon state goes to the rose bowl then suc will play texas in the fiesta bowl and I think texas would beat them. I hate both but I'd rather see suc lose just cause everytime they lose the media bias love for them stops for just a little while.

Collier11
11/21/2008, 11:55 PM
Careful. In this scenario, for this year, you can substitute Kan for OU and Mizz for Tex, almost, atleast for the south.

Not really, last yr it wasnt even close....Mizzou beat Illinois, Beat Kansas, Thumped Tech, and lost to us twice...they finished 12-2

Ku while 13-1 beat exactly nobody of substance except a decent osu team

The diff this yr is that if we win out we will have beaten a good TCU team, Cincy, Tech, Osu, and Mizzou

okiewaker
11/22/2008, 12:23 AM
Not really, last yr it wasnt even close....Mizzou beat Illinois, Beat Kansas, Thumped Tech, and lost to us twice...they finished 12-2

The diff this yr is that if we win out we will have beaten a good TCU team, Cincy, Tech, Osu, and Mizzou

I agree, but you never know how the polls will shake out. I hate the polls, it's like a puchincko machine(sp)(Japanese pinball). Ball goes up....comes down where it may.

olevetonahill
11/22/2008, 12:58 AM
Screw it , the Cats gonna eat them Beavers .:D

yermom
11/22/2008, 01:17 AM

they were 11-1 when the Orange picked them

but still, it's weird they took KU who beat no one, over Mizzou that beat them and won their division. they just happened to have to play the conference champs twice

combine with the lame Rose Bowl pic and it was double dumb

not that Mizzou beats USC, but i think they probably do better than the Fighting Zooks (who they also beat)

Collier11
11/22/2008, 02:17 AM
exactly

KingBarry
11/22/2008, 05:27 AM
I agree, but you never know how the polls will shake out. I hate the polls, it's like a puchincko machine(sp)(Japanese pinball). Ball goes up....comes down where it may.

Don't they play that on "Price is Right"? At least the classic version with Bob Barker?

Crucifax Autumn
11/22/2008, 05:31 AM
My ball goes down, comes up and I don't think they did that on Price is Right...Though from what I hear Bob was trying to do that all the time!

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/22/2008, 08:03 AM
None of this SUC going to a BCS bowl crap matters b/c they are gonna lose to the domers next week or maybe UCLA. one of those is a loss.

you heard it here first! book it...

and, that seems to be the lack of sleep talking......please disregard :)