PDA

View Full Version : Tell everyone who hates the BCS...

noobalicious
11/21/2008, 03:19 PM
Tell them they absolutely need us to win out, and Tech and Texas to win their last game. I've already convinced a bunch of my friends across the country who root for various different schools.

If we lose, the BCS gets bailed out again. Tech goes to the MNC and Texas to the Fiesta.

If we win, then it's chaos. And one of these very deserving teams (not just for a BCS bowl, but to play for the crystal ball) will get left out of the BCS entirely.

Then, there will be a flood of calls for reform and the BCS' slow and horrible death will begin...

Plus, whorns need to root for us both games anyways :texan: (hilarious)

So...let's take down the BCS! Who's with me?

fadada1
11/21/2008, 03:37 PM
if we have to win out..... i suppose.:D

was thinking about this earlier, but will have to do some research on the rules and the rankings. choas might be an understatement if certain things play out. first, say we win out, naturally. that leaves texas and tech with 1 loss and probably ranked in the top 6 (ish). say florida loses to fsu, but then loses to alabama in the sec game - that secures them in a bcs game, but leaves a 1 loss alabama still ranked in the top 6 or so. or say bama loses to auburn... never mind. now, we still have utah out there with a guranteed bcs game if they finish in the top 8. let's not forget about the acc and big east champs (who will no doubt be invited despite not being in the top 25:rolleyes:). and of course, should notre dame beat usc, they might just get invited to miami:D .

again, i don't know the rules about finishing high enough to get automatic bcs games, but being left out because of the maximum of 2 conference teams only in bcs games.

i think my brain has gone to plaid!!!!

85sooners
11/21/2008, 03:43 PM
:rolleyes: