PDA

View Full Version : For those going to the game

8timechamps
11/21/2008, 01:15 PM
Dear ,

Unfortunately, I will not be attending the game tomorrow. In lieu of this, I ask you to cheer for the both of us. Make no mistake about it, I will be cheering in my living room. I will have my lucky Sooners shirt on and will follow all of my pre game rituals. But, I will not be able to voice my pride and love for the Sooners in person.

Since we've never attended a game together, you'll need to know a few things that will help you perform your duties (as I would). First, on your way into the stadium, make sure that every Tech fan you cross paths with knows they are in Norman. Don't be a jerk about it, just do enough so that they feel uncomfortable, as they should.

Once you have reached your (our) seat, and are settled in, locate the nearest Tech fan. If you (we) aren't sitting close to the visitor's section, don't panic. There's always a few opposing fans sprinkled throughout the stadium. Rarely, you'll find that these individuals purchased their seat from a Sooner "fan" (I like to think that the fan that sold them their seats couldn't be there because of an emergency -like crapping themselves after a big bowl of chili at the tailgate- and had to sell their seat to the first person they saw). Sadly though, these "fans" typically end up being pokie state fans that fill the void in their sad, miserable lives by supporting whoever is playing our beloved Sooners.

After you have found said fans, see to it that you (we) make eye-contact with them. Once you have extablished eye-contact, they will surely repeat this process every time our Sooners score or have any level of success.

Now (we) you can take a minute and ready (ourselves)yourself for the game. Try to speak no louder than a whisper for about thirty minutes prior to The Pride coming on the field. Having full vocal range is imperative to the task at hand.

Don't be fooled into yelling for the Sooners when they come out for warmups. The Tech fans will try to establish their "presence" when the Raiders do so. Don't get sucked in. This is just a futile attempt to take control of the atmosphere...a losing battle for them.

Now it's go time, (we) you need to be ready. When The Pride finishes the last bar of Oklahoma[i] and moves into Boomer Sooner, unleash the beast! From that moment, through the intro video, (we) you are to yell as loud as humanly possible. Make sure the Tech players know they aren't at Kyle Field, Darrell K. Royal Stadium or Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. They need to feel the sound of 80,000 Sooner fans. They need to think, if even for a second, that their safety is in jeopardy.

(We) You need to keep this same level of noise up for the entire game. Be warned, there may be times that we get down on the scoreboard, but do not let that distract you from your task...cheering for the both of us.

Once the game is in hand, and that may be sooner than (we) you think. Don't sit back and relax. (We) You need the Raider fans and players to remember their visit to Norman. Now is time for one of the most pivotal procedures of the evening. (We) You need to locate the nearest Raider fan (you know the one, the one (we) you made eye-contact with just before the game, whom (we) you have been terrorizing throughout the four quarters of Sooner dominance), and give him/her one of those “guns up” signs. Keep (our) your head on a swivel though, he/she may make an attempted early departure.

Should (we) find (on Sunday morning) that (our) your voice is gone, then (we) you know that (we) you did (our) your job.

Good luck my friend, and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Boomer Sooner!

-8timechamps

OUDoc
11/21/2008, 01:21 PM
So, treat them like Gordon Reece?

fadada1
11/21/2008, 01:27 PM
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish i was going to this game. maybe i'll find a million bucks tonight and fly down tomorrow morning.

sooner59
11/22/2008, 12:28 AM
I have my ticket, and I may not be able to sleep tonight. I heard on the radio there are already dozens of Sooner fans already at the gate to get into Gameday in the morning, they have been there since 6 pm. There were people camping out for tickets. Its generally hard to find even a $32 student ticket for under $100 and some going for over $200. I vow that I will not be able to talk after the game. Here's to making Bob Stoops' ears ring until Monday!

okiewaker
11/22/2008, 12:38 AM
Dear ,

Unfortunately, I will not be attending the game tomorrow. In lieu of this, I ask you to cheer for the both of us. Make no mistake about it, I will be cheering in my living room. I will have my lucky Sooners shirt on and will follow all of my pre game rituals. But, I will not be able to voice my pride and love for the Sooners in person.

Since we've never attended a game together, you'll need to know a few things that will help you perform your duties (as I would). First, on your way into the stadium, make sure that every Tech fan you cross paths with knows they are in Norman. Don't be a jerk about it, just do enough so that they feel uncomfortable, as they should.

Once you have reached your (our) seat, and are settled in, locate the nearest Tech fan. If you (we) aren't sitting close to the visitor's section, don't panic. There's always a few opposing fans sprinkled throughout the stadium. Rarely, you'll find that these individuals purchased their seat from a Sooner "fan" (I like to think that the fan that sold them their seats couldn't be there because of an emergency -like crapping themselves after a big bowl of chili at the tailgate- and had to sell their seat to the first person they saw). Sadly though, these "fans" typically end up being pokie state fans that fill the void in their sad, miserable lives by supporting whoever is playing our beloved Sooners.

After you have found said fans, see to it that you (we) make eye-contact with them. Once you have extablished eye-contact, they will surely repeat this process every time our Sooners score or have any level of success.

Now (we) you can take a minute and ready (ourselves)yourself for the game. Try to speak no louder than a whisper for about thirty minutes prior to The Pride coming on the field. Having full vocal range is imperative to the task at hand.

Don't be fooled into yelling for the Sooners when they come out for warmups. The Tech fans will try to establish their "presence" when the Raiders do so. Don't get sucked in. This is just a futile attempt to take control of the atmosphere...a losing battle for them.

Now it's go time, (we) you need to be ready. When The Pride finishes the last bar of Oklahoma[i] and moves into Boomer Sooner, unleash the beast! From that moment, through the intro video, (we) you are to yell as loud as humanly possible. Make sure the Tech players know they aren't at Kyle Field, Darrell K. Royal Stadium or Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. They need to feel the sound of 80,000 Sooner fans. They need to think, if even for a second, that their safety is in jeopardy.

(We) You need to keep this same level of noise up for the entire game. Be warned, there may be times that we get down on the scoreboard, but do not let that distract you from your task...cheering for the both of us.

Once the game is in hand, and that may be sooner than (we) you think. Don't sit back and relax. (We) You need the Raider fans and players to remember their visit to Norman. Now is time for one of the most pivotal procedures of the evening. (We) You need to locate the nearest Raider fan (you know the one, the one (we) you made eye-contact with just before the game, whom (we) you have been terrorizing throughout the four quarters of Sooner dominance), and give him/her one of those “guns up” signs. Keep (our) your head on a swivel though, he/she may make an attempted early departure.

Should (we) find (on Sunday morning) that (our) your voice is gone, then (we) you know that (we) you did (our) your job.

Good luck my friend, and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Boomer Sooner!

-8timechamps

Not the Oct 11 shirt. Right?:)

mhackl
11/22/2008, 12:47 AM
See you there!
He who returns from the game with his voice intact didn't do his job!

olevetonahill
11/22/2008, 12:50 AM
I cant make the Game But I will Have MY crimson Undies On .;)

okienole3
11/22/2008, 08:38 AM
I cannot wait!

SOONER STEAKER
11/22/2008, 08:47 AM
A great read and very motivating. I always eye the best looking babe in my section but she never seems to keep looking back at me. What gives?It must be my Sargent Carter haircut.

oudivesherpa
11/22/2008, 01:35 PM
Dear [Insert your name if you're going to the game tomorrow],

(I like to think that the fan that sold them their seats couldn't be there because of an emergency -like crapping themselves after a big bowl of chili at the tailgate- and had to sell their seat to the first person they saw). Sadly though, these "fans" typically end up being pokie state fans that fill the void in their sad, miserable lives by supporting whoever is playing our beloved
Sooners.
-8timechamps

You mean you can't go to the game if you have just crapped your pants?
Just sit in the Aggie section--they will never notice. And if an Aggie makes a comment just say it's your new cologne, "ode de Aggie."

Piware
11/22/2008, 04:42 PM
I have my lucky socks on - we are good to go! We have GOT to make Memorial Stadium shake to the foundation tonight. I'm hoping for at least 3 false starts when Tech is on offense.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

oubose
11/22/2008, 05:03 PM
Not a problem playing in front of 55,000 fans that love you at home but how do you play in front of 80,000+++ fans that hate you! I'm not going to the game but as a fan I'll do my part with ABC. BOOMER!!!!!!!!!

OUHOMER
11/23/2008, 09:38 AM
8time, you would have been proud.
Pregame- I talked to several tech fans before the game. I asked if they had maps to get the hell out of town with, I asked if they knew who their next coach was going to be. I sent them to the wrong locations to pee. Reminded them of our home record. Heh, we saw some parking not to far from us as we were walking to campus corner. I sad "man that takes guts parking there" he said "what do you mean" I said, "Aw nothing man, it will be alright" He stopped dead in his tracks. He didn't know what to do. as we got down the road a piece I turned around and he was talking to the guy who took his money.So I think I got into his head a bit.

My designated tech fan was about 4 rows behind me painted like a clown. Me and BIL made said eye contact and and made the pistol sign that tech fans make. except we put it up to our foreheads and made it look like the loser sign.
Anyway every time we scored we would turn to them and give them their sign. Before half time I think we had about 10 folks doing it. They were gone by the middle of the third.

good times. You would have been proud.:D

8timechamps
11/24/2008, 03:16 PM
Outstanding!

Just know that I was with you in spirit Homer!

I would have given my big toe to have been there (heck, I would have given my little toe too!)

texas bandman
11/24/2008, 03:46 PM
I don't know what I'm going to do. My HS football team had a game on Saturday and I was wearing my green and gold. By the time we got back to school, the game had already kicked off, and by the time we got the kids out of the band hall and I got home it was almost the end of the first quarter. So I plopped down on the couch to watch the rest of the half. Being up by 35 points at half I didn't want to mess with the juju, so I stayed in my green. My quandry is what to do on Saturday against the Aggies. Do I wear my crimson and cream or do I wear my green since I wore it in the biggest win of the season. HELP!