PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Sampson...........The gift that keeps on giving

Sooner24
11/21/2008, 11:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3716907

badger
11/21/2008, 12:08 PM
Unless you're OU, in which you have already returned your gift to the returns desk for store credit to get the gift you really want:
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/1263343.jpeg
:D Merry effing Christmas, Indiana :D

Hella Sideburns
11/21/2008, 12:42 PM
what a **********

oumartin
11/21/2008, 03:35 PM
Incredible that some people still take up for this guy.. They should sue to recoup their money

StormySooner-IN
11/21/2008, 03:48 PM
I'm enjoying it.

Not to be rude, or anything...but....

IU fans can be **** *******s sometimes. I have no idea why..but over the years living here, i can't stand them. That's why ive always backed Purdue.

That's what makes this all so funny. After him, and his tornado like abilities, leaving the mess of our program behind....headed towards IU.

All the IU fans were so excited about their great new coach, etc...I tried to warn them, they wouldn't listen....

:D

oumartin
11/21/2008, 04:01 PM
ya know if we end up losing Capel to one of the "elite" programs out there I won't have to many hard feelings for him other than he left OU. I think he runs the program with class and love the way he conducts himself. If he gets a chance at Duke, NC, UCLA or something very similar he probably deserves it.

however being totally unbiased I think OU is only a step behind those few elite programs. Who's to say Capel can't put OU on equal footing.

sooner2b09
11/21/2008, 04:02 PM
I'm enjoying it.

Not to be rude, or anything...but....

IU fans can be **** *******s sometimes. I have no idea why..but over the years living here, i can't stand them. That's why ive always backed Purdue.

That's what makes this all so funny. After him, and his tornado like abilities, leaving the mess of our program behind....headed towards IU.

All the IU fans were so excited about their great new coach, etc...I tried to warn them, they wouldn't listen....

:D

I was born Indiana and my parents were born and raised there. My grandparents are huge donors to IU. But anyway immediately when they hired Sampson my grandpa called and bragged and I told him what had been going on with the recruiting stuff and good luck with that. He said it wouldnt happen up there. Boy I had fun when it did :D

I do hope that Crean does restore IU basketball to where it should be. I must admit IU is my second favorite team.

badger
11/21/2008, 04:12 PM
ya know if we end up losing Capel to one of the "elite" programs out there I won't have to many hard feelings for him other than he left OU. I think he runs the program with class and love the way he conducts himself. If he gets a chance at Duke, NC, UCLA or something very similar he probably deserves it.

however being totally unbiased I think OU is only a step behind those few elite programs. Who's to say Capel can't put OU on equal footing.

This is exactly why we need to hug Jeff and family daily, make sure his kids love the Norman area (it's what's keeping Bob Stoops here, right?) and to do everything to make our place a school where basketball is awesome and equal tier to football (or at least seem that way).

oumartin
11/21/2008, 04:17 PM
that is true badger cept as far as football programs there are none better and thats a fact! :)

There may be a couple on equal footing but none better.

I'd like to hopefully think bball can get to that point...
I'd like to see a new arena however. Its no fun attending a basketball game in a concert hall.

badger
11/21/2008, 05:00 PM
that is true badger cept as far as football programs there are none better and thats a fact! :)

Ehhhh... that's why said make it SEEM that way! SEEEEEEEMMMM!!!

Here's what we can all do to help...

1- Make an effort to attend as many home basketball games as you would home football games. If you can make seven OU football games per season, then seven OU basketball games should be easy, too. If you can only make one OU football game, why not make a return trip for an OU basketball game? If you can attend none, just be there in spirit like always.

2- Have basketball-specific Sooner gear. There are some things better for football than basketball, but try to share the love a little. A basketball shirt, jersey, foam finger, whatever. Just PLEASE don't wear a "SOONER FOOTBALL" shirt during an OU March Madness game :(

Baby steps at a time, folks. Embrace your Sooner basketball treasure :)

stoopified
11/21/2008, 08:27 PM
If someone buys a dog with three legs,why are they surprised when they get a dog with three legs?Likewise when a school hires a cheat (IU) or a drunk (oSu),why are they shocked with the results?