PDA

View Full Version : It's official

8timechamps
11/21/2008, 11:20 AM
Brent Mushmouth is doing the game (with Herbstreet). Not that it's any big surprise.

He says the winner of the Big XII will play the winner of the SEC in Miami...way to go out on a limb Brent.

I actually don't mind him, except he always get's one-sided during the game. Not bad if it's Oklahoma.

Widescreen
11/21/2008, 11:26 AM
So Missouri can still play for the MNC? Weird.

OUmillenium
11/21/2008, 11:27 AM
Brent will get one sided on the team that has the momentum. He'll probably be a big Sooner fan while OU has the ball and an even bigger Tech fan when Tech has the ball (yes, that is a BV bash, please prove me wrong).

8timechamps
11/21/2008, 11:32 AM
So Missouri can still play for the MNC? Weird.

I left that out. He did say if Mizzou wins, they won't play for it all.

Gotta give him a little credit. Very little.

OU4LIFE
11/21/2008, 11:55 AM
awesome, so it will be 3 hours of listening to them talk about how Florida is the best team in the country......sweet.

:rolleyes:

deweydw
11/21/2008, 12:00 PM
Oy... He gives me a headache.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s85/deweydw/picard-facepalm.jpg

fadada1
11/21/2008, 12:01 PM
maybe i'll pipe in the BBS feed.

fadada1
11/21/2008, 12:02 PM
doesn't brent have some "flashy" name for crabtree - like he did for "the major" applewhite???

JLEW1818
11/21/2008, 12:09 PM
SuperRoy, his voice is legendary for that play.

8timechamps
11/21/2008, 12:14 PM
awesome, so it will be 3 hours of listening to them talk about how Florida is the best team in the country......sweet.

Just to hear him talk about the superiority of the SEC is worth watching!

JLEW1818
11/21/2008, 12:15 PM
what is really funny to hear people say Sam had a bad game against texas, b/c it was a big game. Yet Sam had 5 passing td's

OU4LIFE
11/21/2008, 12:19 PM
The Brent Musburger Drinking Game

WARNING!

Play at your own risk. It is conceivable your whole party will be passed out with 8 mins remaining in the 1st quarter.

*Note: Partner is spelled "Pardner," because that's the way Brent says it.

Rule #1: "The Pardner" A person is picked to be the Pardner at the beginning of the game. The first time Brent says "Pardner," the Pardner has to take 1 drink, and then picks someone else to be the Pardner. The next time Brent says it, the new Pardner has to take 2 drinks, and then pick a new Pardner, and so on and so on. The Pardner must wear a special "Pardner" hat.

Rule #2: "Folks" Everyone drinks 1 when Brent says "Folks." However, if Brent says "Hold on Folks", everyone must drink once but the first person to drink has to finish their drink for not holding on.

Rule #3: "It's a foot race!". Whenever Brent says "It's a foot race" everyone has to finish their drink. The first one done becomes "That Man" and gets to punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #4: "There's that man again". After someone becomes "That Man," they get to give away 3 drinks to someone of their choosing the next time Brent says "That Man." That person then becomes "That Man." If Brent says "That Man" before "It's a footrace," The Pardner becomes That Man. If The Pardner becomes That Man first, he gets to punch the new That Man in the arm twice after giving away the 3 drinks. There must also be a special hat for "That Man."

Rule #5: "Dr. Pepper". Every time Brent says "Dr. Pepper" everyone has to yell out "I'M A PEPPER!" and take 2 drinks. Afterwards, each person must give out a satisfied "AAAAAAAHHHHH!", as if in a Dr. Pepper commercial. Anyone who fails to do so must drink again.

Rule #6: "Jack Arute". Whenever Brent says "Our ol' buddy Jack Arute" everyone has to say "AROOOOOOT!" Last one to do it has to do a shot. If everyone does it simultaneously, the Pardner must do a shot.

Rule #7: "In the college game". Whenever Brent says this little gem, everyone must say "Shut the **** up Brent", drink 2, and punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #8: Mentioning a SEC school during a Big 12 game. Whenever Brent does this, the first person who names the SEC school's mascot gets to make somebody drink for 12seconds, since there's 12 schools in the SEC.

Rule #9: Calling a touchdown before the player actually scores. For example, during an interception return, Brent says "It's a touchdown!" before the player actually scores. In this case, everyone must start drinking and continue to drink until the player actually does score. If by some odd event, the player does NOT score, everyone must finish their drink.

Rule #10: "Kirk, my man". Whenever Brent says "Kirk, my man", the Pardner gets to choose someone to be Kirk. From that point on, that person must be referred to as "Kirk, my man" until the game is over. "Kirk, my man" gets to give away 5 drinks the rest of the game any time Brent says "Kirk, my man". If someone talks to "Kirk, my man" without calling him that, they have to do a shot. If there is someone playing the game actually named Kirk, that person is automatically "Kirk, my man".

Rule #11: "The Major". If Brent has a pet nickname for one of the players during the game, for example calling Major Applewhite "The Major", everyone must drink 5 anytime Brent uses this nickname. However, "Gary, my man" does not drink but gets to give away 5 drinks since this person already has a nickname of their own.

Rule #12: "John Saunders". The first time Brent quips with John Saunders, everyone must drink 1. The next time, everyone must drink 2, and so on and so on.

Rule #13: In the booth. Whenever there's a camera shot of Brent in the booth, the Pardner must make a toast to Brent. After the toast, everyone must drink 1.

Rule #14: "My Friend" Every Pardner gets to choose a "Friend." The friend must always get up to get the Pardner another drink (since the Pardner will be doing quite a bit of that). However, when Brent utters "My Friend" the friend gets to punch the Pardner in the arm for making him get up so much.

fadada1
11/21/2008, 12:24 PM
sam throws for 5 TDs and 387 yds (a bad game in the eyes of espn)... we win by 30.

JLEW1818
11/21/2008, 12:25 PM
sam throws for 5 TDs and 387 yds (a bad game in the eyes of espn)... we win by 30.

Do you ever wish that you could fight some of the ESPN people?

deweydw
11/21/2008, 12:32 PM

WARNING!

Play at your own risk. It is conceivable your whole party will be passed out with 8 mins remaining in the 1st quarter.

Rule #1: "The Pardner" A person is picked to be the Pardner at the beginning of the game. The first time Brent says "Pardner," the Pardner has to take 1 drink, and then picks someone else to be the Pardner. The next time Brent says it, the new Pardner has to take 2 drinks, and then pick a new Pardner, and so on and so on. The Pardner must wear a special "Pardner" hat.

Rule #2: "Folks" Everyone drinks 1 when Brent says "Folks." However, if Brent says "Hold on Folks", everyone must drink once but the first person to drink has to finish their drink for not holding on.

Rule #3: "It's a foot race!". Whenever Brent says "It's a foot race" everyone has to finish their drink. The first one done becomes "That Man" and gets to punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #4: "There's that man again". After someone becomes "That Man," they get to give away 3 drinks to someone of their choosing the next time Brent says "That Man." That person then becomes "That Man." If Brent says "That Man" before "It's a footrace," The Pardner becomes That Man. If The Pardner becomes That Man first, he gets to punch the new That Man in the arm twice after giving away the 3 drinks. There must also be a special hat for "That Man."

Rule #5: "Dr. Pepper". Every time Brent says "Dr. Pepper" everyone has to yell out "I'M A PEPPER!" and take 2 drinks. Afterwards, each person must give out a satisfied "AAAAAAAHHHHH!", as if in a Dr. Pepper commercial. Anyone who fails to do so must drink again.

Rule #6: "Jack Arute". Whenever Brent says "Our ol' buddy Jack Arute" everyone has to say "AROOOOOOT!" Last one to do it has to do a shot. If everyone does it simultaneously, the Pardner must do a shot.

Rule #7: "In the college game". Whenever Brent says this little gem, everyone must say "Shut the **** up Brent", drink 2, and punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #8: Mentioning a SEC school during a Big 12 game. Whenever Brent does this, the first person who names the SEC school's mascot gets to make somebody drink for 12seconds, since there's 12 schools in the SEC.

Rule #9: Calling a touchdown before the player actually scores. For example, during an interception return, Brent says "It's a touchdown!" before the player actually scores. In this case, everyone must start drinking and continue to drink until the player actually does score. If by some odd event, the player does NOT score, everyone must finish their drink.

Rule #10: "Kirk, my man". Whenever Brent says "Kirk, my man", the Pardner gets to choose someone to be Kirk. From that point on, that person must be referred to as "Kirk, my man" until the game is over. "Kirk, my man" gets to give away 5 drinks the rest of the game any time Brent says "Kirk, my man". If someone talks to "Kirk, my man" without calling him that, they have to do a shot. If there is someone playing the game actually named Kirk, that person is automatically "Kirk, my man".

Rule #11: "The Major". If Brent has a pet nickname for one of the players during the game, for example calling Major Applewhite "The Major", everyone must drink 5 anytime Brent uses this nickname. However, "Gary, my man" does not drink but gets to give away 5 drinks since this person already has a nickname of their own.

Rule #12: "John Saunders". The first time Brent quips with John Saunders, everyone must drink 1. The next time, everyone must drink 2, and so on and so on.

Rule #13: In the booth. Whenever there's a camera shot of Brent in the booth, the Pardner must make a toast to Brent. After the toast, everyone must drink 1.

Rule #14: "My Friend" Every Pardner gets to choose a "Friend." The friend must always get up to get the Pardner another drink (since the Pardner will be doing quite a bit of that). However, when Brent utters "My Friend" the friend gets to punch the Pardner in the arm for making him get up so much.

This will be a fun party. Too bad everyone will be passed out by the end of the 3rd quarter. Seen Brent do #9 way too many times.

sooner94
11/21/2008, 02:26 PM

WARNING!

I have to be honest, I don't think I could remember all of those rules while drinking and watching football. Kind of like trying to count cards in Vegas while I'm playing blackjack and drinking grey goose on the rocks.

Call me crazy, but I like Musberger. Maybe its just my take, but he seems to like OU. Seems like he appreciates our tradition.

fadada1
11/21/2008, 02:29 PM
Seems like he appreciates our tradition.

texas fans seem to appreciate our tradition. that doesn't necessarily mean we enjoy hearing it from them.

Partial Qualifier
11/21/2008, 02:45 PM
that's WAY too many rules for a drinking game :D

JLEW1818
11/21/2008, 02:46 PM
Finally somebody came out and said it.

Mel Kiper Jr, thank you!

Mike and Mike were asking him about USC. He said under this system USC should have zero consideration. Lost to an unranked team, were tied with Stanford at half time. I wish more espn people would realize this.

SoonerPr8r
11/21/2008, 03:00 PM

WARNING!

I might just be a little drunk after reading all of that...

8timechamps
11/21/2008, 03:34 PM
Finally somebody came out and said it.

Mel Kiper Jr, thank you!

Mike and Mike were asking him about USC. He said under this system USC should have zero consideration. Lost to an unranked team, were tied with Stanford at half time. I wish more espn people would realize this.

He also said OU shouldn't jump Texas, even if we win our next two.

StormySooner-IN
11/21/2008, 03:41 PM
I have to be honest, I don't think I could remember all of those rules while drinking and watching football. Kind of like trying to count cards in Vegas while I'm playing blackjack and drinking grey goose on the rocks.

Call me crazy, but I like Musberger. Maybe its just my take, but he seems to like OU. Seems like he appreciates our tradition.
Agreed 100%!

JLEW1818
11/21/2008, 03:48 PM
He also said OU shouldn't jump Texas, even if we win our next two.

can't really argue if we should jump anybody if its a tie.......

I'm just glad somebody on ESPN said USC is undeserving

mfosterftw
11/21/2008, 03:51 PM
maybe i'll pipe in the BBS feed.

Just remember that ABC/ESPN has had a habit this season of extending the length of games by adding commercials (so much for the closk rules shortening the game)... it's really in a tape delay by the end of the first half. Typically the online radio feed I hear is 15-30 seconds delayed from TV. Several times this season it's MINUTES ahead of the TV.

Am I the only one noticing this, or did I miss it in a previous thread somewhere?

fadada1
11/21/2008, 03:54 PM
Just remember that ABC/ESPN has had a habit this season of extending the length of games by adding commercials (so much for the closk rules shortening the game)... it's really in a tape delay by the end of the first half. Typically the online radio feed I hear is 15-30 seconds delayed from TV. Several times this season it's MINUTES ahead of the TV.

Am I the only one noticing this, or did I miss it in a previous thread somewhere?

i think BBS's call is normally about 15-30 seconds behind the actual play anyway.

oumartin
11/21/2008, 04:14 PM
are you crazy. there is no way in heck the television feed is that far behind the actual game. I would have to say its "live"

the officials hold up the game for commercials and on the off chance they play a tad early you typically miss the play on television and have to watch it replayed.

jwlynn64
11/21/2008, 04:18 PM
the officials hold up the game for commercials and on the off chance they play a tad early you typically miss the play on television and have to watch it replayed.

Only if it is on Fox. They are terrible about this. Wasn't it the last game where they came back and we had just tackled aTm after the kickoff! We didn't even get to see the kick in the air!

madillsoonerfan5353
11/21/2008, 04:21 PM

He won't be the P.A. guy will he? That's the only way I'll hear him! :P

madillsoonerfan5353
11/21/2008, 04:25 PM
what is really funny to hear people say Sam had a bad game against texas, b/c it was a big game. Yet Sam had 5 passing td's

I know it drives me crazy, and they forget the fact that he won three big games last year! Beat Texas, Mizzou ( the first time when everyone said that they are the best team in the Big 12) and then he beat them when they are the #1 team in the country!!!! O well here's to another great big game, Big Easy!!! BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!

:D

oumartin
11/21/2008, 04:30 PM
I prefer brent over Kirk, Kirk is the one who has his lips around the gators meat and he will rag on the poor big 12 defenses the entire game and talk about how nobody in the big 12 could score on the vaunted sec defenses.

Well, unless your troy and they aren't in the big 12

cvsooner
11/21/2008, 04:41 PM
Well, you just have to remember the entire purpose of ESPN/ABC is to generate interest in the game(s) and get even non-fan people to watch...so they can charge ever more exorbitant rates for the ads. And, God love him, Dr. J is better than the dancing player, but I'm about ready to boycott Dr. Pepper.

oumartin
11/21/2008, 04:44 PM
but they play Alan Parson's Sirius during that commercial so I can handle it

soonermix
11/21/2008, 04:51 PM
we should add some rules like

for every time Kirk mentions Tebow you have to drink

cvsooner
11/21/2008, 05:14 PM
but they play Alan Parson's Sirius during that commercial so I can handle it

Dr. J is cool, as I say, and as an Alan Parsons fan, I dig that...but man, can't they make more than one commercial per season?

oumartin
11/21/2008, 05:23 PM
I hear ya, well hopefully DP will go under for this