PDA

View Full Version : Another Stoops/Leach article!

sooner n houston
11/21/2008, 09:03 AM
Stoops and Leach are on opposite sidelines now, but Leach said he still appreciates his brief time with Stoops in Norman and learned from him.

"The thing most people don't understand about Bob is what a great guy he is to work for," Leach said. "Most head coaches love to talk. It's just their nature. But with him, it's not like he's Mr. Chairman of the Board or anything. He's unique because he's a listener. He's interested in what others on the staff have to offer.

"He taught me that. So I'll listen — up to a point. But pretty soon, I'll tell them all to shut up because I like to talk."

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/11/21/1121coaches.html

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2008, 11:39 AM
lol - you now if Leach were at OU, we'd love him.

BermudaSooner
11/21/2008, 12:04 PM

How can you not like Leach? He'd have to be at UT for me to not like him.

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2008, 12:40 PM
I do like him, I just have to wish him bad fortune for the next day and half.

rainiersooner
11/21/2008, 12:59 PM

I still like Leach...I think he's a great coach, a great guy. He's great for college football. I wish him all the best. Except for tomorrow night, when I hope he comes down with a bad case of the runs: nothing painful, just distracting.

texas bandman
11/21/2008, 01:07 PM
I do like him, I just have to wish him bad fortune for the next day and half.

But not too much bad luck, they still have to beat Baylor.

i think a few dropped passes, a few interceptions and fumbles would be sufficient. Turnovers of -6 would be good. :D