PDA

View Full Version : Tech fans are ridiculous

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/20/2008, 09:12 PM
I have been in Lubbock for the past 3 weeks on business and have just been floored by these fans. I wear my crimson and cream proudly so I guess I ask for it but every time someone sees it and starts to talk sh!t to me, I attempt to have a logical football conversation but they turn almost violent and can not have a conversation. I really can not believe the ignorance of the majority of this fan base. I am soooo happy tomorrow is my last day down here and I will be heading to Norman immediately after work to go yell my a$$ off all day and night Saturday.

Curly Bill
11/20/2008, 09:14 PM
Do you suppose someone wearing TT gear, or Longwhorn gear would have it a lot better in Norman?

...so yeah, you asked for it. :D

Czar Soonerov
11/20/2008, 09:23 PM
As if it's not bad enough you have be in Lubbock for three weeks...

sadielady
11/20/2008, 10:04 PM
What did you expect in enemy territory? We love our Raiders and will support them to the end! Wrech 'em!

picasso
11/20/2008, 10:12 PM
What did you expect in enemy territory? We love our Raiders and will support them to the end! Wrech 'em!

sincerely,

since 2000

CatfishSooner
11/20/2008, 10:24 PM

gay

Shneeg11
11/20/2008, 10:33 PM
sincerely,

since 2000

Hands down the greatest response to the opposition that I have ever seen

tommieharris91
11/20/2008, 10:35 PM

Makes sense that their fans can't spell right.

shaun4411
11/20/2008, 10:38 PM
they are ridiculous. ive been on the tech boards. theyre convinced that they have the better oline, better dline, better secondary, better running back, and of course better quarterback.

Doged
11/20/2008, 10:56 PM
they are ridiculous. ive been on the tech boards. theyre convinced that they have the better oline, better dline, better secondary, better running back, and of course better quarterback.

They're Tech fans. They're supposed to believe all that. They'll probably also believe the better team lost when the Sooners finish with them Saturday night. Won't make it so, but as Tech fans they can think it, I reckon. ;)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/21/2008, 12:49 AM
I wear my crimson and cream proudly so I guess I ask for it

Just be VERY sure your nuts are protected. Just sayin'.

SoonerShark
11/21/2008, 01:14 AM
Do you suppose someone wearing TT gear, or Longwhorn gear would have it a lot better in Norman?
:D

Yes, I do. Other than one guy ripping a UT fan's family jewels off in OKC, most Sooner fans would be gracious.

cheezyq
11/21/2008, 01:14 AM
That's nothing. I live in KC, and this week I had an MU fan say that they hope OU wins because they'll own us in the Big 12 championship. He said that Tech would be a much tougher match-up and is the better team.

That's the lone bad part about being an OU fan...just because you've been awesome forever, all the jealous droves creep out of their hiding places to give you crap whenever they sniff even the remotest hint of success. On the other hand, having our tradition and success over the decades of dominance, it doesn't take long to dig out a relevant retort. Regardless...it's still annoying.

SoonerShark
11/21/2008, 01:20 AM
As if it's not bad enough you have be in Lubbock for three weeks...

When I was there in 2001 there was a smell like it was a stockyard. I am not being mean. I am serious.

SoonerShark
11/21/2008, 01:23 AM
[QUOTE=cheezyq;2493835]That's nothing. I live in KC, and this week I had an MU fan say that they hope OU wins because they'll own us in the Big 12 championship. He said that Tech would be a much tougher match-up and is the better team.
QUOTE]

That opinion worked for MU last year. Twice.

Crucifax Autumn
11/21/2008, 01:40 AM
Dontcha know? All other teams' fans are ricockulous!

misplacedsooner
11/21/2008, 02:39 AM
how fun, ill be watching the game in columbia mo.(mom lives there) on my way to indiana to see my new grand daughter. everytime i go there i have my sooner gear on and they just look at me in awe!!!!

11/21/2008, 02:58 AM
I did the same thing in Big 12 cities I visited.

That is...

Until they threw beer on my grandmother.

And yelled profanities at my mother and be-wheelchaired father.

I have learned my lesson and will no longer wear the colors of my school in any city but Norman.

...or Weatherford.

Crucifax Autumn
11/21/2008, 03:27 AM
Hell, I wear 'em in Vegas and everyone either ignores it or praises us and the few left tell me they are pulling for us based on their bets.

Last time I caught flack was after the SUC thing we don't mention and it was actually a positive thing referring to how the SUC fan was disappointed that it went that way as opposed to our real team showing up.

The only other exception is my former neighbor who's son plays for CU and he just supports his kid and respects OU.

misplacedsooner
11/21/2008, 03:49 AM
12, thats jacked up...id be sittin in prison if that happened to my family. im pretty low key and always act like ive been there done that, i expect to win. on the other hand my wife is a raving lunitic...living here in stillwater she never misses a chance to tell all the people in prison orange and black how bad they suck and just let someone comment on her sooner gear in a bad way...people in orange actually steer clear of her.

Hot Rod
11/21/2008, 09:29 AM
I'll wear my Sooner gear anywhere and I'm proud of my team. I've worn it in places like Tennessee, California, Indiana, and even Hawaii where I saw another Sooner fan wearing a Sooner tee. I yelled "Boomer!", to which caught him by surpise, then he turned around and grinned "Sooner baby!". That was awesome, btw.

soonerhillbilly
11/21/2008, 09:45 AM
I am sitting here in an office of about 3,000 people with my OU Crazy Hat, coach's shirt, jacket over chair, 2 OU coffee mugs, etc, right down the road from the U of Ark. I get to hear how awesome the SEC is everyday. I wear MY CRIMSON PROUD!!!!! If other fans aren't gracious, then that means their envious, Screw'em... BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!

OUDoc
11/21/2008, 09:51 AM
TTech fans are the white-trashiest fans you will ever meet.

tigepilot
11/21/2008, 10:10 AM

+1

I find their fans too similar to LSU fans but at least LSU fans can say their team won something.

allentxsooner
11/21/2008, 10:17 AM
I actually am good friends with a tech fan down here in DFW, he is reasonable and doesnt act up. Even he admits Tech fans are the worst, nothing worse then being called out by your own kind. I wear my sooner gear loud and proud and get little flak down here

Jason White's Third Knee
11/21/2008, 11:11 AM
I remember going to the OU/Tech game in 2001, I think, and after we won their band started chanting 'over-rated'.

You're supposed to do that when you WIN, morons. That just about says it all. They don't get it. Their fans are not knowledgeable, and while not as bad as Colo, they still suck.

picasso
11/21/2008, 11:15 AM
I'll say it again folks. The most smack I heard at West End the night before the Texas game was from a Tech fan!!! He actually got offended by my Aggie smack.

heh.

Smoke another cigarette.

fadada1
11/21/2008, 11:28 AM
look where they live. you'd be disgruntled too if you lived in a place where sand was viewed for 360 degrees and cows outnumbered people. which got me to thinking... what the heck do the cows eat there anyway???

Jason White's Third Knee
11/21/2008, 11:33 AM
look where they live. you'd be disgruntled too if you lived in a place where sand was viewed for 360 degrees and cows outnumbered people. which got me to thinking... what the heck do the cows eat there anyway???

I know what I would eat if I was one of those cows. I'd eat cow.

WestAustinSooner
11/21/2008, 11:43 AM
Hey Sadielady: How bought i send you a big case of Vagisil? You'll need it!

SoonerInLubbock
11/21/2008, 12:45 PM
I have lived in Lubbock for almost a year now, (moved here for my job) I haven't had to many issues w/the fans. As I type this i'm wearing my # 14 jersey and sure I catch a lil he11 from my fellow co-workers. But it's not that bad I guess.
Every now and then someone will say "shouldn't you be afraid to wear that hat/t shirt/etc". My response of course is NO. I embrace the Texas tradition of packing heat. So NO, I'm not to worried.

I will say that I feel so much smarter since moving to Lubbock. People here try to act like they know alot about football. But the stuff they say just floors me sometimes. I actually overheard some guy saying that if there is a 3 way tie in the Big 12 south. TT would go because they have never been before. He thought that we take turns in tie situations.

Oh one more thing the drivers suck bad here. There are three freakin lanes everywhere you go and yet people can't seem to figure out how to use them. If it rains just a lil the town shuts down.

SoonerInLubbock
11/21/2008, 12:51 PM

Not to be "that guy", who corrects people. But there really aren't any cows in Lubbock. It's all cotton fields. Oh and lots of dirt and tumbleweeds. What amazes me though is that evey house has a fireplace but there are no trees to burn.

texas bandman
11/21/2008, 01:01 PM
Yep, I live in Lubbock and I have a fireplace. I have never had any wood, but I do have those fake logs and natural gas so that I can get the ambience if I want.

On topic, my Sunday school class is all Red Raider fans and they've been nothing but civil, but then all of them are actually Tech grads, not the red necks that never darkened the doors at Tech. The student body, sad to say are obnoxious, but then maybe they'll grow out of it. :D

OUDoc
11/21/2008, 01:11 PM
I have never had any wood

http://images.chron.com/blogs/specialfeatures/archives/beavis.jpg

SoonerInLubbock
11/21/2008, 01:15 PM
Haha nice, here have some spec

fadada1
11/21/2008, 01:16 PM
Not to be "that guy", who corrects people. But there really aren't any cows in Lubbock. It's all cotton fields. Oh and lots of dirt and tumbleweeds. What amazes me though is that evey house has a fireplace but there are no trees to burn.

that's where all the cows went.

OUDoc
11/21/2008, 01:18 PM
that's where all the cows went.

A-ha, to go find firewood.

ousoonerfan
11/21/2008, 01:19 PM
37 replies and not a single "GOOOOOO RAAAAAAAIDERRRRRRRRRRRRS!"

;)

fadada1
11/21/2008, 01:24 PM
A-ha, to go find firewood.

sh*t. never thought of it that way.

:D

Sooner98
11/21/2008, 01:42 PM
I'm surprised no one has brought up the field-storming in the UT/Tech game with time still on the clock, not once, but twice.

TWICE. WITH TIME STILL ON THE CLOCK.

They very nearly cost their team the biggest win in Red Raider history, simply by being complete idiots. Without a doubt, the dumbest fan base in all of college football.

cb4ou
11/21/2008, 01:54 PM

Amen!!!!

Lived near Lubbock worked with all Tech fans and they were clueless. They do not know how to handle any success. They hate OU because they cannot and will never be OU. Look at that stupid billboard. Their marketing campaign came from game they should have lost just because it was OU.

MyT Oklahoma
11/21/2008, 01:55 PM
When in Lubbock.. don't drink the Kool Aid.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/23/2008, 12:50 PM
I remember going to the OU/Tech game in 2001, I think, and after we won their band started chanting 'over-rated'.

You're supposed to do that when you WIN, morons. That just about says it all. They don't get it. Their fans are not knowledgeable, and while not as bad as Colo, they still suck.

The tech fans were probably chanting 'over-rated' at the end of last nights game too. Bunch a stupids.

SoonerBacker
11/23/2008, 12:58 PM
The tech fans were probably chanting 'over-rated' at the end of last nights game too. Bunch a stupids.

I doubt it. By the end of the game last night, they were half way back to Lubbock.

Jacie
11/23/2008, 12:58 PM
If you think that's bad, following a win at home they've been known to try and impale the visiting fans with the uprights . . .