PDA

View Full Version : I passed my series III exam...

royalfan5
11/20/2008, 06:27 PM
I can trade futures, options, and derivatives legally now. I'm pretty stoked.

SoonerInKCMO
11/20/2008, 06:31 PM
Just in time for a boom in the finance sector. ;)

mdklatt
11/20/2008, 06:36 PM
http://images.contactmusic.com/images/reviews/boilerroom.jpg

royalfan5
11/20/2008, 06:43 PM
Just in time for a boom in the finance sector. ;)
Considering I'll mostly be doing hedging for farmers I'm a lot less concerned than I was while in investment banking.

mdklatt
11/20/2008, 06:44 PM
Considering I'll mostly be doing hedging for farmers

I think you might have gotten the wrong impression about the job....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314KPJRD7PL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

SoonerInKCMO
11/20/2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I know... I just saw an opportunity to make a bad joke and couldn't help myself. :O

OUHOMER
11/20/2008, 06:59 PM
Congrates, royalfan

Frozen Sooner
11/20/2008, 07:26 PM
Good for you. Nicely done.

Chuck Bao
11/20/2008, 07:39 PM
Congrats, royalfan. That must feel good.

I was grandfathered in on my Thai borkerage licenses. I passed the first exam like five years ago.

The second and third exams had not been translated into English yet (and that is really silly because they had been translated from English originally).

Anyway, the Thai authorities' idea was that non-Thai language test takers could take a Thai language translator into the exam room and translate the questions. Of course, I would take one of my colleagues as translator who would score nearly 100% and just write down their answers.

Eventually, the Thai securities authorities decided to just grandfather the old farts in.

What you did must feel a hundred times better than that. So, congrats again.

Rogue
11/20/2008, 07:51 PM
Woo-Hoo!

So...can you give us free investing advice now?

tommieharris91
11/20/2008, 07:57 PM
I'll might be taking that in about 2 months if I get this job I've been interviewing for. Mind if I ask you for advice?

royalfan5
11/20/2008, 09:19 PM
I'll might be taking that in about 2 months if I get this job I've been interviewing for. Mind if I ask you for advice?

Sure.

royalfan5
11/20/2008, 09:20 PM
Woo-Hoo!

So...can you give us free investing advice now?

You could read some of it for free on the innerweb at the companies website.

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 11:12 PM
I can trade futures, options, and derivatives legally now. I'm pretty stoked.

royal,
Congrats! I am "retired" from a 14 year long stint with Merrill Lynch. Gotta be honest with you, I am SOOOOO glad to be out!

Anyway, congrats and good luck my friend.

Fraggle145
11/20/2008, 11:30 PM
Congrats royalfan!

King Crimson
11/20/2008, 11:46 PM
word up, g.

King Crimson
11/20/2008, 11:46 PM
royal,
Congrats! I am "retired" from a 14 year long stint with Merrill Lynch. Gotta be honest with you, I am SOOOOO glad to be out!

Anyway, congrats and good luck my friend.

did you ever go to Carbone's?

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 11:52 PM
did you ever go to Carbone's?

I'm afraid not. I still have it written in my daytimer. I promise I'll go...

King Crimson
11/21/2008, 12:00 AM
I'm afraid not. I still have it written in my daytimer. I promise I'll go...

you should. but, i'm just giving you hard time. heh.

it's not exactly on the way to anywhere.

8timechamps
11/21/2008, 12:02 AM
you should. but, i'm just giving you hard time. heh.

it's not exactly on the way to anywhere.

Did you say you lived in Boulder?

King Crimson
11/21/2008, 12:04 AM
another place that rocks west of 1-25 is Taqueria Patzquaro on 33rd, maybe.

there's also a really awesome tamale place near there on Tejon and something in a pink former gas station. they have a picture of the old woman who works there being touched by the Pope. my buddy used to live near there and we'd drink a lot of beer and listen to the Who...and i'd go there in the mornings.

King Crimson
11/21/2008, 12:05 AM
Did you say you lived in Boulder?

I do.

soonerboomer93
11/21/2008, 01:11 AM
yet another sign of the apocolypse

err, gratz

soonerboomer93
11/21/2008, 01:13 AM
another place that rocks west of 1-25 is Taqueria Patzquaro on 33rd, maybe.

there's also a really awesome tamale place near there on Tejon and something in a pink former gas station. they have a picture of the old woman who works there being touched by the Pope. my buddy used to live near there and we'd drink a lot of beer and listen to the Who...and i'd go there in the mornings.

You can throw a stone in certain parts of Denver and find a good tamale place.

Personally, I like the little road side stands.

I miss picking up tamale's and fresh tortilla's at the roadside. Can't wait for next month when I'm home for 10 days.

8timechamps
11/21/2008, 10:35 AM
You can throw a stone in certain parts of Denver and find a good tamale place.

Personally, I like the little road side stands.

I miss picking up tamale's and fresh tortilla's at the roadside. Can't wait for next month when I'm home for 10 days.

We took a vote...you can't come back!

King Crimson
11/21/2008, 10:44 AM
the uber tamale place in Denver used to be Casa Manuel's about two block east of where Coors Field is now. they made tamales for about half of Denver's mexican joints. but, with baseball and sports bars, all the hispanic neighborhoods just north of downtown were priced out.

El Chapultapec is about the only remaining vestige of that Jack Keruoac's Denver. There's some adult vid stores and a couple shady liquor stores...but, it's mostly sports bars around there.

soonerboomer93
11/21/2008, 10:46 AM
We took a vote...you can't come back!

we took a new vote, you have to leave, i get your stuff

8timechamps
11/21/2008, 11:05 AM
the uber tamale place in Denver used to be Casa Manuel's about two block east of where Coors Field is now. they made tamales for about half of Denver's mexican joints. but, with baseball and sports bars, all the hispanic neighborhoods just north of downtown were priced out.

El Chapultapec is about the only remaining vestige of that Jack Keruoac's Denver. There's some adult vid stores and a couple shady liquor stores...but, it's mostly sports bars around there.

Yep! I remember Casa Manuel's. Good times.

On a side note, and I think I've mentioned this before, I still go to Brewery Bar II (off of 6th an Kalamath)...

I tried the new one (well, not so new anymore) in Highlands Ranch...el sucko.

King Crimson
11/21/2008, 11:14 AM
i like Brewery Bar II on Kalamath, that's a great place. i also like the Blue Bonnett on Broadway. that's pretty solid Tex-Mex. the old bar/smoking section has a lot of character.

when i go to Nuggets games with my buddy Bob, we got to BB II. i'm not a broncos guy, but i think it would be fun as hell to watch a bronco game and drink a couple pitchers at BB II.

8timechamps
11/21/2008, 11:17 AM
i'm not a broncos guy, but i think it would be fun as hell to watch a bronco game and drink a couple pitchers at BB II.

As small as that place is, can you imagine? It'd be a$$ to a$$.

King Crimson
11/21/2008, 11:30 AM
As small as that place is, can you imagine? It'd be a$$ to a$$.

there can't be a worse location than that place. you can see it from the light-rail i take to DU. it's hilarious. surrounded by auto glass and car stereo places in the most defunct part of town. there's not even a light rail stop near there.

8timechamps
11/21/2008, 11:40 AM
there can't be a worse location than that place. you can see it from the light-rail i take to DU. it's hilarious. surrounded by auto glass and car stereo places in the most defunct part of town. there's not even a light rail stop near there.

Not to mention you feel like the place is going to collapse at any moment. I think it's the only place left in the US that has a smoking section.

The "dining room" might as well be in the kitchen. You can hear the cooks talk while you're eating.